Other Sellers on Amazon
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Datacolor SpyderLensCal SLC100
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fast, easy solution for all your interchangeable lenses and recent DSLR bodies. Provides razor sharp auto-focusing, using modern DSLR autofocus micro-adjustment technology
- Compact, lightweight and durable - It includes an integrated level and tripod mount, making this the most convenient way to adjust your own camera gear
- Save time and hassle - No need to send your equipment in for service. Now you can check or calibrate your own lenses
- Accurate and repeatable calibration For all your lenses and listed DSLR bodies
- Supports autofocus adjustments in these camera models: Canon (50D, 70D, 1Dc, 1DMkIV, 1DsMkIII, 1Dx, 5DMkII, 5DMkIII, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 7DMkII, 80D, 1DX Mark II); Nikon (D3, D300, D300s, D3s, D3x, D4, D4s, D7000, D7100, D7200, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800E, D810, D500, D5, D810A, Df); Sony (A77, A850, A900, A6000, A77 MKII, SLT-99); Olympus (E-5, E-30, E-620, E-M1); Pentax (K5-IIs, K5-II, K-x, K-7D, K-5, K-20D, K-30, K-3, K-3 II, K-200D, K-2000/K-m, 645D, 645Z, K-1, K-50, K-70)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
LensAlign MkII Focus Calibration System
Datacolor SpyderCube SC200
Datacolor SpyderCheckr SCK100
Datacolor Spyder5PRO – Designed for Serious Photographers and Designers (S5P100)
X-Rite ColorMunki Display (CMUNDIS)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Outdoor Photo Gear||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||1.58 x 6.9 x 12.21 in||4 x 11 x 6 in||2.76 x 3.15 x 7.49 in||1.58 x 7.29 x 13 in||2.93 x 2.73 x 1.71 in||3 x 3 x 4 in|
Spyderlenscal provides a fast, reliable method of measuring the focus performance on your camera and lens combinations. It allows photographers to obtain razor-sharp focusing or check to see that their lenses are working at their peak performance. This device is compact, lightweight and durable, with integrated level and tri-pod mount. Includes Datacolor Spyderlenscal and Quick Start Guide.
From the Manufacturer
SpyderLensCal provides a fast, reliable method of measuring the focus performance on your camera and lens combinations. It allows photographers to obtain razor-sharp focusing or check to see that their lenses are working at their peak performance. Sharpen your focus with the SpyderLensCal!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'd agree with a lot of the reviewers that this is an overpriced piece of kit for the what you get but I think in the long run it will pay for itself. The parts are a bit flimsy and the ruler arm needs to sit right with the notch holding up the vertical part. The bubble level helps keep things square and the metal threaded hole makes it easy to mount this on a light stand or small tripod.
Every lens I owned needed a bit of adjustment. It was easier using this tool for lenses with lower F-Stops (i.e. 1.4 and 2.8.) where the short in-focus range is more pronounced wide open. You'll need to calibrate twice for zoom lenses; once for the wide and then for the tele end of the focal range. My Canon 24-105 and 16-35 had micro-adjustment settings for both ends of the focal length.
I noticed that it was harder deciding which lines around the zero mark on the ruler were in focus for the higher F-Stop lenses. In reality it may not make a difference since the subject would have also been in focus.
Dropped a star due to the cost.
If I got to choose one word to describe the SpyderLensCal SLC100 is Simplicity... (maybe to much simplicity..).
The device itself fully constructed with plastic, except for the tripod mount ofcourse, and is the same plastic seen in other Datacolor products, like the Colorchecker Pasport. Its a nice and solid plastic, but the whole thing feels prety weak. The paint job on the target itself its some kind of decal with a nice Mate finish, so reflections are not a problem to use, but the instructions are.
Well, lets say that there are no instructions at all. The box itself doesnt contain any text or description and the instruction book pack with the Spyderlenscal its Crap.
So let me recomend you to use the Focus Calibration Guide of The Digital Picture.com to learn how to use it, before you buy it.
But it works fine, after a few hours of calibrating my 2 Canon 6D with diferent lenses...
Got 4 stars, 'cause its built quality is fair enough and the lack of instructions.
Still, for longer lenses - 70mm and up - at range, it's quite good.