Datacolor Spyder4Express S4X100 Display Calibration Device
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Automated Color and Brightness Calibration
- Full-spectrum color sensor
- Simple calibration for single display
- Improved accuracy and stability - The fourth-generation Spyders have double-shielded color filters for even closer match to CIE color standards and improved long term stability. Average accuracy is up 26% and consistency between Spyder units is 19% better.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||8 x 6 x 2.6 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.56 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.44 pounds|
The Spyder4Express was designed for photo enthusiasts. It provides automated color calibration for any single monitor or laptop - as easy as 1-2-3 to install and use. This calibration tool delivers essential color management for a value price. Calibrate your display like a pro!
From the Manufacturer
Spyder4Express is a simple, affordable solution for calibrating a display. Featuring a patented, full-spectrum seven-color sensor that can accurately characterize a variety of wide gamut and normal displays, Spyder4Express lets you use the same sensor to calibrate your monitor, laptop computer, iPad, and iPhone. The fourth-generation sensor uses double-shielded filters for long life and optimum performance.
The three-legged design sits flat on your display to ensure precise readings.
Single Sensor Calibrates All Your Displays
Whether you are using the latest in LED technology, an older CRT monitor, a laptop, iPod, or iPhone, Spyder4Express Software allows you to calibrate all your devices with a single sensor to achieve all-around consistency in color and brightness.
Simple Calibration Process
Spyder4Express's simple, clear, and guided process makes it easy to calibrate your displays to a reference condition. After you perform a few preliminary steps, you can define the display type, model, and system of calibration.
Patented Full-Spectrum Color Sensor
The patented seven-color sensor makes Spyder4Express an improvement upon colorimeters that use three-channel RGB sensors.
Each unit is individually tuned in the factory to accurately and easily handle a variety of wide-gamut and normal-gamut displays. This means you can view and edit images with confidence on a display calibrated to show true-to-life colors.
Improved Accuracy and Stability
The fourth-generation Spyder4Express has double-shielded color filters to better match CIE color standards, and it has improved long-term stability over previous generations.
The three-legged design sits flat on your display to ensure precise readings and includes a wide aperture, honeycomb baffle, and diffuser to remove angular sensitivity.
Overall, Spyder4 offers an increase in average accuracy of 26 percent over the previous generation of Spyder3.
Spyder4Express is backed by a one-year warranty.
For installation, Spyder4Express requires Windows XP 32/64, Windows Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64, MacOS X Panther (10.4), Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Lion (10.7); a color monitor with at least 1024 x 768 resolution; a 24-bit video card; and a powered USB port.
What's in the Box
Spyder4Express colorimeter, Spyder4Express Software CD, and Quick Start Guide.
|One-Click, No Options Calibration|
|Ambient Light Measurement|
|Number of Displays per Computer||1||MULTIPLE||MULTIPLE|
|Basic Multiple Display Tuning|
|Advanced Multiple Display Tuning|
|Advanced Calibration Functions|
|Gamut Graphing final screen|
|Basic MQA (monitor quality analysis)|
|% sRGB, AdobeRGB, NTSC|
|Advanced Calibration Accuracy Test|
|Monitor Quality Rating|
|Display Gamut Graphing|
|Gamma & Gray Ramp Test|
|White Point Test|
|Luminance Uniformity Graphing|
|Color Uniformity graphing|
|Advanced Error Reporting|
|Info Sharing (Datacolor Only Feature)|
|New High Stability Color Filters|
|iPad and iPhone Ready|
|Updated Firmware for Improved Accuracy|
|Software Version 4.5|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
*** Setup and calibrate with Argyll + dispcalGUI ***
1) Do not install OEM software
2) Download Argyll (http://www.argyllcms.com/) and dispcalGUI standalone version (http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/#download)
3) Set C:/ path for Argyll folder
4) Install Sypder4 usb driver (http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html#WIN8)
5) Run dispcalGUI then Menu > File > Locate Argyll CMS executables > point to c:/Argyll/bin
6) Menu > Options > enable Show advanced calibration options
7) Configure Advance options like this (http://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/870355/1#post17806610)
8) Run measurement tests and adjustment settings
9) Run calibration (in High speed since Medium speed took 1.5 hrs) then save and apply profile
*** Download and proof with ICC profile ***
2) Download & Install your commercial printer's ICC profile. Sometimes it might be available on their website but you'll probably have to call them and ask what brand & model their photo lab machine is then use Google to find the appropriate ICC profile file (local stores of the same chain seem to have the same models, ex: Walmarts close to where I live all use Fuji Frontier DL 600's)
3) Soft proof your photos in Photoshop using that ICC profile (View > Proof Setup > Custom).
4) Save your photos in the sRGB color space (check with your printer to confirm this).
5) Lastly, but not as important as the previous steps, you can try to print a hard proof on your home printer that will attempt to simulate the final product from your commercial printer, (File > Print > Color Management: Photoshop manages colors; Printer profile = your home printer > Change Normal Printing to Hard Proofing: Proof Setup = appropriate ICC profile)
I am a commercial photographer and have been using the professional versions of the Spyder for years in my office. My wife has been struggling to get predictable color prints on our home printer as well as when ordering books and prints online. I bought the Spyder4Express with the hope that it would be easy enough for a complete novice to use. It is! The software installed quickly, and the calibration process is completely menu-driven so that it's simple to recalibrate when needed. We have our Windows desktop set to a neutral gray, and when turning the calibration on and off, it's immediately clear how well the Spyder calibration neutralizes the color of the monitor. With the calibrated monitor, we can now see in advance how our images will look when printed or in books we order online. No longer do we need say to ourselves, "make the image on the screen a little more red than we like, and a little darker than we like because then it will print correctly." Instead, it's now "what you see is what you get." Our prints and online books match what we see on the computer screen.
This is a great little product at a great price.
Most recent customer reviews
I had high regard for this device, but that is no longer the case!
If you have more than one monitor that you want to calibrate, this device is not going...Read more