Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Camera Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes parts and labor coverage. Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begins on the day you purchase the plan. Coverage for mechanical and electrical begins after your product's manufacturer's warranty (OEM warranty) expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) provided via email within hours of completing your purchase. If you do not receive your T&Cs, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" within the folders of your Inbox.
- Provides nationwide service support for coverages as defined within the plan benefits and terms. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, and secure support with an industry-leading company. You may request a cancellation at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
Datacolor Spyder5PRO – Designed for Serious Photographers and Designers (S5P100)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Avanced color accuracy solution for all of your laptop and desktop displays - See, share and print your images just as you intended with confidence. Fast and easy, full calibration takes only about five minutes to ensure color accuracy;Profiles :RGB Monitor
- Room light monitoring determines optimal monitor brightness so you see fine shadow detail and highlights in your photos, ensuring your edited images match your prints.
- “Before and After” evaluation of your calibration results using your own photographs, to focus on details that are important to you."Please make sure that there is no direct light falling on your display as this could have an adverse effect on your calibration"
- Display Analysis feature lets you evaluate and compare the performance of all of your laptop and desktop monitors. In less than five minutes, Spyder5PRO calibrates your monitor to ensure color accuracy and consistency. Not only will photo editing be easier, you will spend less time in the “print-edit-print” cycle and waste less ink and paper.
- Datacolor and Adobe work hand-in-hand to offer the complete package for your photography workflow. Get a complimentary Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan - 90 day trial with your Spyder5 purchase. A redemption code will be sent upon Spyder activation.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Why Calibrate Your Monitor
Most monitors come out of the box with the brightness set too high and with oversaturated colors – plus they degrade over time. Your display is the window into your digital image, you need to be able to trust it. Spyder5 calibrates your display to an industry color reference standard to ensure your colors are accurate for better print matching. Your image editing will be easier and faster, you’ll spend less time in the 'print-edit-print' cycle, and you’ll waste less ink and paper.
Top 5 Reasons to Calibrate Your Display
- Monitors display colors differently.
- People see colors differently.
- Prints don’t match your monitor.
- Image colors are not true to life.
- Save time and money.
Room Light Monitoring
Spyder5PRO has an integrated room light sensor that continually measures your unique lighting conditions and alerts you if there's been a change among three ambient light levels. Then you can choose to either modify your calibration settings or adjust your room lighting to assure optimal color accuracy.
True Color in A Flash
Spyder5PRO creates a unique color profile for each of your monitors and adjusts their brightness level based on your room lighting. Say goodbye to time wasted on manually correcting your monitor’s preset settings without success. Now you can see the true colors of your photographs, both on screen and in print. Skin tones will be accurate and the blue sky you shot is going to look blue – not cyan.
Next generation Spyder technology comes with a colorimeter that's compact, portable and protected. It includes a dual purpose lens cap and counterweight, and guarantees improved tonal response with the industry's only patented 7-detector optical engine.
Fast & Easy
Spyder5PRO software is extremely easy to use and offers a simple step by step wizard plus advanced options for the serious photographer. There is no need to learn color management theory because the new interactive help provides simple to understand explanations for every step and term. The software guides you through the calibration process so you can move quickly on to view, edit, and print your photos with color confidence.
Personalized ‘Before And After’ With Spyderproof
See the nuances that matter most with a 'Before and After' evaluation of your calibration results using your own image, or a professional Datacolor composite image. SpyderProof gives you confidence that your monitors achieve precise color accuracy.
It's important to know the characteristics of your display when doing color-reliable work. Get to know how your monitors perform with the Display Analysis feature, which allows you to compare the color, brightness, contrast, gamut, tone response and white point across all of your laptop and desktop monitors.
- Windows 7 32/64, Windows 8.0, 8.1 32/64, 10 32/64
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- Monitor resolution 1280x768 or greater, 16-bit video card (24 bit recommended), 1GB of available RAM, 500 MB of available hard disk.
- Internet connection for software download.
- USB port
What You Get
- Spyder5 Colorimeter
- Welcome Card with software download link and warranty registration.
- Software Serial Number
- Reusable storage box
|Designed For||Hobbyist photographers seeking a simple monitor color calibration solution||Serious photographers and designers seeking a full-featured and advanced color accuracy solution||Professional photographers, studios, and calibration perfectionists seeking ultimate control of their color workflow|
|Hardware Calibration Device||Spyder5 Colorimeter||Spyder5 Colorimeter||Spyder5 Colorimeter|
|Software||4 Step Process & Interactive help||Wizard, Interactive Help, Advanced Features||Wizard, Interactive Help, Expert Console, Suite of Expert Features|
|Calibration Settings||Fixed (2)||16 Choices||Unlimited choices, user-defined, and Rec.709 for videography|
|Multiple Monitor Support||Laptops & Desktop Monitors||Laptops & Desktop Monitors||Laptops, Desktop Monitors, Front Projectors & Studio Match Assistant|
|Before & After Calibration Evaluation||Standard Datacolor Image||Standard Datacolor Image & Imported User Images||Standard Datacolor Image & Imported User Images (Full Screen Mode)|
|Room Light Monitoring||None||3 Ambient Light Settings||5 Ambient Light Settings|
|Fast Recalibration Option||None||Yes||Yes|
|Display Analysis||None||Basic||Advanced including Screen Uniformity|
Compare with similar items
X-Rite ColorMunki Display (CMUNDIS)
Datacolor SpyderCube SC200
Datacolor SpyderCheckr SCK100
SpectraCal CalMAN RGB Bundle Monitor Calibration Software with C3 Colorimeter
Datacolor SpyderLensCal SLC100
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$14.95||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Motion Media, LLC||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||2.93 x 2.73 x 1.71 in||3 x 3 x 4 in||2.76 x 3.15 x 7.49 in||1.58 x 7.29 x 13 in||1.5 x 3 x 2.5 in||1.58 x 6.9 x 12.21 in|
Advanced color accuracy solution, with room lighting settings for optimal monitor brightness, to help you get true colors on screen and in print. Advanced-featured, interactive calibration for laptop and desktop monitors.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The official calibration software from Datacolor does an inaccurate and inconsistent job between monitors (i.e. if you have two monitors side by side, they will very likely be calibrated into different colors), and it asks you to jump through hoops verifying which tier you have bought (express, pro, or elite). The express level offers minimal flexibility. There is no step in adjusting your monitor to match your desired white point, etc.; for example, higher-end monitors usually give you options to change individual RGB settings, Express does not take advantage of this. Though if you're after a simple "one-button" solution, then this could be it.
For advanced users, please do try out Argyll and its GUI counterpart dispcalGUI. Argyll has just updated in May to support Spyder5 and gives you all the customization options that you'd want for calibration. Just Google for displcalGUI's page, and it has a Quick Start Guide listing everything you need to know (though note, the standalone installation might be even easier than the recommended "Zero Install" route).
Don't even bother calling your professional photographer and graphic artist friends, like I did, to see if they work on calibrated monitors. Just because they don't won't quiet that voice in your head.
The least expensive version of datacolor's colorimeter monitor calibration devices, the Spyder5EXPRESS, has the same sensor as it's two more expensive models and produces the same profiles. It's limitations allow it to work only with a 6500K color temperature and 2.2 gamma, which are the most commonly used settings anyway. A little research online will reveal there is no need to spend an additional $100 for the ability to measure ambient light.
You must go online to register the device and download datacolor's measuring software. Sadly the software provides poor results, as evidenced by the negative reviews you may read. There is nothing wrong with the calibration device, only the results when used with datacolor's software. As recommended by others, download the free DisplayCAL software online for accurate, satisfying results.
Save yourself many hours of research and worry...Buy the Spyder5EXPRESS and use it with DisplayCAL's free software. Even if the results are subtle, you'll know they are correct.
I returned the Spyder 5 Express, received the Spyder 4 Express, setup up Argyll + dispcalGUI (Datacolor software went straight into the trash), and a calibrated, and THERE WAS A CLEAR DIFFERENCE!! Calibrating your monitor does matter, using a calibration device matters, but MOST IMPORTANTLY the calibration software matters, and the Argyll + dispcalGUI is FAR SUPERIOR to the OEM Datacolor software provided for the Spyder 4 Express and Spyder 5 Express. I'm excited to see how much my prints might improve since I already thought they were great using the steps in my original review. Here's how to setup and calibrate using Argyll + dispcalGUI.
1) Do not install OEM software
2) Download Argyll (http://www.argyllcms.com/) and dispcalGUI standalone version (http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/#download)
3) Set C:/ path for Argyll folder
4) Install Sypder4 usb driver (http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Installing_MSWindows.html#WIN8)
5) Run dispcalGUI then Menu > File > Locate Argyll CMS executables > point to c:/Argyll/bin
6) Menu > Options > enable Show advanced calibration options
7) Configure Advance options like this (http://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/870355/1#post17806610)
8) Run measurement tests and adjustment settings
9) Run calibration (in High speed since Medium speed took 1.5 hrs) then save and apply profile
*** ORIGINAL REVIEW 4/16/2015***
I have never calibrated my laptop's monitor in the approximately 2 years I've had it. My commercial prints were coming out too dark, so I purchased this product. The improvement it provided was negligible, much to my surprise and disappointment. The process of getting photos printed with accurate colors involves more than just calibrating your monitor. This is what I have learned:
1) Reduce the brightness of your monitor to approximately 50% then use "Calibrate color" (just search for it), the built-in Windows utility.
2) Download & Install your commercial printer's ICC profile. Sometimes it might be available on their website but you'll probably have to call them and ask what brand & model their photo lab machine is then use Google to find the appropriate ICC profile file (local stores of the same chain seem to have the same models, ex: Walmarts close to where I live all use Fuji Frontier DL 600's)
3) Soft proof your photos in Photoshop using that ICC profile (View > Proof Setup > Custom).
4) Save your photos in the sRGB color space (check with your printer to confirm this).
5) Lastly, but not as important as the previous steps, you can try to print a hard proof on your home printer that will attempt to simulate the final product from your commercial printer, (File > Print > Color Management: Photoshop manages colors; Printer profile = your home printer > Change Normal Printing to Hard Proofing: Proof Setup = appropriate ICC profile)
If you'd still like to get a calibration device then I'd say go for the Spyder 4 since it's less than half the price and the results probably won't be much different. I'm returning this. Argyll + dispcalGUI is widely said to better than any OEM software, but it currently only supports the Spyder 4, so I can't tell if just changing software would give me better calibration results. If it's superior hardware that you desire then get a calibrator from X-Rite which are said to be more accurate, longer-lasting, and have native support from Argyll + dispcalGUI. After following the steps above my prints came out perfectly at Walmart.
Save files for viewing on the web as sRGB which is ideal for most monitors. Others can even download your photo and get prints that are fairly close in color accuracy as well. Hope this helps!
*** Resources ***
Setup Argyll + dispcalGUI