Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Datacomm 50-3323-WH-KIT Flat Panel TV Cable Organizer Kit with Power Solution - White
|Price:||$46.20 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Low profile design fits behind the industry's thinnest TVs and mounts
- Brings power to your wall mounted TV without the added expense of installing an electrical outlet
- Grounded recessed single receptacle allows power to be installed behind your wall mounted TV or other display
- Connects your wall mounted TV or other display to your receiver or AV components
- Cable pass-through ports on the top and bottom plates allow you to run your low voltage AV cables from your TV, through the top plate, inside the wall, and out through the bottom plate to connect to AV equipment
- Mounting wings are molded onto the top and bottom plate and fasten against the drywall as you tighten
- No low voltage mounting brackets or mud rings required
- All-in-one kit includes everything you need - quick and easy to install
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
DataComm Electronics' Flat Panel TV Cable Organizer Kit with Power Solution
Create the Sleek Look of an Expensive, Custom Flat Panel TV Installation
Solve the common problem of exposed Power and A/V Cables behind your flat panel TV using the Flat Panel TV Cable Organizer Kit with Power Solution. The patented design allows for A/V cable management and power installation with a safe and code compliant product. Cluttered A/V cables can be hidden behind the wall and power can be binstalled at the location of the flat panel TV. Use our Flat Panel TV Cable Organizer Kit with Power to install power and low voltage cables from behind your flat panel TV, your amplifier or other audio and video devices to your equipment room. The Flat Panel TV Cable Organizer Kit with Power Solution can be installed upright or upside down.
Easy to Install
Since this kit does not connect to your home’s existing wiring, there is no contact with live electrical circuits. To install, connect the two Recessed Cable Plates using the supplied electrical wire. Plug the female end of the extension cord into the Recessed Cable Plate with Straight Blade Inlet and the male end into a surge protector or power outlet. This connection will bring power to your TV or A/V equipment. Refer to the front and back view diagrams of the installed kit to see how the product is installed. The Flat Panel TV Cable Organizer Kit with Power Solution comes with simple instructions for a quick and easy installation.
Hide Unsightly Cables
- Brings power to your flat panel TV without the added expense of installing an electrical outlet.
- Hides A/V cables behind the wall by utilizing the patented recessed opening in the wall plate.
- Connects your flat panel TV to your receiver or A/V components.
- All-In-One Kit is safe and easy to install.
- This kit brings a clean, professional image to your at-home installation.
Top Customer Reviews
Like the other reviewers I found the kit easy to install and the internet video provided a great walk-through. I would however offer the following tips:
1. Before you begin you should test all cables that will be going behind the wall and ensure that they working perfectly. Don't wait till the end and hope everything works out. You should also carefully measure for the needed lengths of the cables that will be hidden. It's frustrating to almost get to the finish line only to realize that your HDMI cable is 2' short. Add a foot or two to your measurements; you can always tuck any excess into the wall.
2. The kit supplied power connector (the upper one that your TV's power cord plugs into) is rather stiff. I found it useful to plug and unplug the TV's power cord into it six or seven times before mounting it, and that payed off with a smoother connection at the end of the installation.
3. A pair of needle-nose pliers is very useful for bending wire ends into "hooks" for the screw-down connections to the upper power connector, as the supplied electrical wire is very rigid.
4. The product installation video shows the "Wings" of the electrical boxes and plates as being secured with a turn or two of the supplied screws. This gave me the impression that the screws for the wings just needed a couple of turns and then the wings would then pop into position and lock the box or plate into place. My experience was that the screws have to be continuously tightened until the wings at last are snug against the drywall and the plate or box is locked into place.Read more ›
The instructional video online shows you how to do it yourself, and the instructions are quite adequate so that anyone can really do it. But the instructions do say something to the effect of "Should be installed by a professional." (Must be a legal liability thing.) It doesn't say what kind of professional, and I'm a professional real estate broker, so I've got that professional thing covered.
The biggest drawback that I find is that the power cord that plugs into the bottom assembly is so large that it pushes my furniture away from the wall. The female plug extends about 2-1/4 inches away from the wall, so be prepared for that. I was going to cut a hole in my entertainment unit where the plug bumps it, but the unit cost $1532 and my wife would freak out if she saw me with a hammer and chisel behind the unit.
The other issue is, if you have a tv that provides you with a flat type plug, that works against you using this system because you can't get a flat plug into the small space in the box. Another work-around situation. You can get a straight plug extension cord and plug the tv into that.
My quick and easy installation ran about 5 hours including 3 trips to the hardware store for work-arounds. That shouldn't be your experience though. For some reason the spot where I need to mount my tv has studs every 6 inches for a distance of about 4 feet. I actually had to squeeze this thing into a vertical position. I couldn't find a sixteen inch on center pair of studs except beyond the edge of where the TV ends. But that's a bit unusual. You probably won't have that issue.
The kit comes with everything you need to do the job, though.
I was worried when the product arrived as I did not think all my wires were going to fit in the recessed opening (I had 3 HDMI cables, a VGA cable, S-Video with analog audio, and a Toslink optical cable to fit through the opening behind the television and the bottom opening had all of these with an addition cable to my soundbar opening), but all fit without problem.
The only very minor complaint I would have with this product is the power receptical for television power is very tight. In attempting to hold the television and plug it in, it took a great deal of effort to insert the plug, but it gave me some added comfort that it would not fall out for any reason.
I will be recommending this product to anyone looking to mount their television.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Simple to install, wonderful finish look, gives the room a professional look.Published 7 days ago by stopper
I originally placed a 3 star rating on this but I have to lower to 1 star. This kit is pretty much junk. Read morePublished 13 days ago by hayden ramm
It does the job. The attaching flaps on the gang boxes are weak and break. Other than that it did the job.Published 16 days ago by Ronnie G.
It did the job, and didnt take too long to install.
The template was a little off in size, but I made it work. The included romex is very stiff, but does the job. Read more
Good item for the price. I think that this has great potential for home with just drywall. If you have plaster or really any other wall type other than drywall I think it would be... Read morePublished 29 days ago by JelloSayHello