Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Date Night In: More than 120 Recipes to Nourish Your Relationship Hardcover – December 30, 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"[A] new cookbook offers dinners for two, menus that are simple, inventive and easily assembled."
-The New York Times
I'm totally enamored with this cookbook. It's divided by season, and within each seasonal chapter there are menus for every sort of event or party that your family might experience during the year. Think: Cinco de Mayo, Beach Picnic, Campfire Cooking, Lunchbox Ideas, Homemade Gifts and so much more. It's a handy book to have around!”
-Parade's Community Table
"Every recipe in Date Night In makes me hungry. Potato chips with fennel coriander salt. Thyme and pancetta roasted sweet potatoes. Honey and siracha chicken wings. This is the most flavorful date night food I can imagine. Since I have the good fortune to count Ashley and Gabe as friends, I know that their love for each other is real and their food is unbelievably good. My husband and I have been inspired to start making each other date night dinners and so will you."
-Shauna James Ahern, author of Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef
"Ashley has woven her creative and delicious recipes between sweet, honest stories about marriage and family. I will move this cookbook between my bedside and kitchen counter. A cookbook and a love story: this book is truly a treasure."
-Sara Forte, author of The Sprouted Kitchen
"I have long followed Ashley's blog Not Without Salt. There is a nourishing quality to her being, words, and most certainly, food. Date Night In is full of universal tales of love and Ashley's recipes are sure to ignite, and better even, refuel passion. Food of love."
-Aran Goyoaga, author of Small Plates and Sweet Treats
"Rare is the book that not only moves us to cook, but to change our very lives. Date Night In is that book! With honesty, humility, and killer recipes for everything from Roasted Strawberry Jam to Dulce de Leche and Nectarine Creamsicles and the best roasted chicken you'll ever eat (really!), Ashley Rodriguez will inspire you to find the romance in your every day."
-Molly Wizenberg, author of Delancey and A Homemade Life
"Ashley (and Gabe) are as delicious as her recipes. In Date Night In she reminds us that our relationships should be savored, and stirred with love."
-Sherry Yard, pastry chef and author
About the Author
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Things that are great:
- The recipes are spot on. So far we've made the Braised Lentils with Mushrooms and Kale, the Herb Butter Roasted Chicken with Maple Coriander Roasted Carrots, and the Burger with Special Sauce and Onion Rings . All super delicious (only hiccup was the burger being way too salty).
- The recipes themselves are well-written and have a great lay out on the page (i.e. doesn't require a lot of flipping back and forth between ingredients and instructions).
- There's a grocery list for each meal that lists out all of the required ingredients. I love that you don't have to flip through the recipes within each menu (which typically includes a cocktail, an entree, a side dish, and a dessert) to compile one mega list of groceries, it's even split out by section of the grocery store. The only issue is if you're not making the whole menu, but still, I thought this was a clever idea that you don't see in most books.
Things I don't totally love:
- It's kind of hard to find something specific in here, there's no overall table of contents for the recipes (just one that includes cute, but not very helpful menu titles like "A Sort-Of Fairy Tale").
- The index is organized by ingredient, not dish name. I haven't actually decided if that's useful or annoying yet, but I was trying to find the burger recipe and it ended up being under the beef section, which was a little weird.
Overall a really big thumbs up from us! We look forward to continuing to cook our way through these menus.
Wife: Received this book as a Valentine's Day gift. Cookbooks as a general rule are underwhelming for me; I rarely fully follow a recipe, and I often find them confining as opposed to inspiring. NOT THIS ONE. Ashley is funny, poignant, and vulnerable as she sets the stage for each 'date'. Her directions and recipes are well-balanced, and easy to get the hang of. (I especially appreciate her explanations of why to cream the butter additional time, etc) After making two recipes from this book, and having our socks knocked off, I'm looking forward to the remaining 118. I highly recommend this cookbook for foodies and anyone who appreciates a great cocktail and a well-told story. Date Night In will not disappoint.
Oh, and did I mention that the book itself is gorgeous? Would make a great coffe-table book as well.
My husband and I are parents of three very young children, and this book has given us meaningful times together without having to leave our home or spend a lot of money. Buy it (and then most definitely get cooking!) -- you won't regret it.
Not only is it full of amazing recipes the stories that go along with it are endearing and very real. Ashley was very vulnerable to share that side of her and I am glad she did. Helped me reflect on my own marriage in positive ways.
My husband and I start our own date night in's starting in January.