Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 174 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 204 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 27, 2012
The good thing about this Action Replay is that it will work in a DSi or a 3DS. But there aren't any codes available for those games. My son specifically wanted codes for Kid Icarus Uprising and was disappointed to find that none of his 3DS games had any available codes.

I'm just as happy they don't. I remember the days of searching frantically for a solution to a severely borked pokemon diamond game in which my son had "walk anywhere"d right into the void. I did find the answer and fix the game, but wow, what a lot of anxiety over our possibly lost virtual friends. I don't even want to think about how complicated the whole 3D technology would make it to find a solution to having a character lost within a fame.

But my son, the intended consumer, was disappointed.
on May 13, 2015
So, I have an old AR DS, and that still works perfectly fine, but as its old (i.e. circa 2006), I find it hard to find updates to the firmware and such. As such, I figured I'd get a newer/more recent model (plus, I mis-placed the USB cable for the old AR DS long ago).

So, the old AR DS, as mine still works, is study, and perfectly fine.
This new one I received, however, was not. Either I just received a defective product or maybe the overall quality of these have gone. Which is it, I do not know.

What I do know, though, is that when I was going to plug USB cable into the AR itself, the port immediately came out, as if it were loosely attached/not attached at all/securely.

Again, I may have just received a poor manufacturing of the device, but, suffice to say, I'm not thrilled with being unable to so much as plug in the AR to my PC.
on December 3, 2013
The first one I got was already broken when I got it, like someone had stepped on it. So I returned it and got another one.

The second action replay was great for about 6 months but then the screen started turning red and white , kinda blurry. So I used the available disk to download the DSi code manager. If this happens follow the steps:

1) click the top left corner of the "DSi code manager" screen.
2) click reset
3) wait for it to reset, you can drag and drop new games to your action replay. Remember to "commit to these changes" at the top left hand corner.

Treat your action replay with care. It is easily broken because of the cheap plastic its made of.

Another thing to remember is that some games may freeze if you load alot of codes at once. For example like Pokemon, I ran like 10 codes at once and the game became slow and sometimes froze. Take a little at a time.

Check the codejunkies website if you need more codes or google them. You can add new codes and/or games. There is are updates for your DSi for the newer games if needed.

Problems:
-easy to break
-may slow down your game
-glitching with the action replay start up menu ( just reset your action replay via the code manager like I said)

Hope this helps
on July 5, 2012
Ok, so I read all the reviews and contemplated buying this AR for some time. My son had one before for his DS and it worked fine. However, he lost the previous AR and also subsequently got a 3DS, so he needed another one. We bought an AR from a local store and were told it would work on the 3DS and it didn't so I was sceptical of buying another, especially online. However, I had dealt with Amazon on several other purchases, so I took the plunge. As always, the package came before it was scheduled which made my son very happy (Amazon is fabulous!!). And the AR does fit in his 3DS without the need for tape or anything like that. All this was an improvement over the previous AR. And as far as the games went, it worked fairly well on the Pokemon White game. However, it still freezes up sometimes, doesn't work on some games and doesn't always work as my son says it should. I don't know much about it, so it's entirely possible that the problems are operator error and not associated with the AR. Helpful hint...If you are buying the AR for a 3DS, make sure the package says 3DS otherwise it will not work. I know that sounds like a "duh" kind of thing, but there is a difference.
on June 15, 2016
Positives:
Works for most 3DS games.
It's a good way to back up your saved games.

Negatives:
Codebreakers/whoever decided to make the "cheats" a subscription thing with the software, so now, you not only have to buy this, but the cheats too if you want to use them.

Neutral:
I've held off on the cheats. Have been using this to backup a "saved state" of the game I've been playing.
on November 6, 2012
well, as luck would have it.. Nintendo had a firmware update the day before I received this resulting in it not being read by the 3DS system. Luckily, after a few days, there was a patch (I had emailed Codejunkies about the problem and was emailed back a link to the download).
The patch fixed the problem and the AR works fine on DS games played on the 3DS.. hopefully, they will eventually crack the coding for the 3D games... hopefully.

But, as I had purchased this to work on my sons 3DS for his pokemon games(DS) it serves its purpose just fine.
on October 16, 2012
Alright, I just got it in today and there are a few things I'd like to cover.
It works on the regular DS and DS Lite mostly, don't know about DSi but it doesn't seem to lock in place in my 3DS.
When I have it plugged in, the AR software available for download (an easy google search) can't read it (some cartridges have that problem) but the good news is you can manually enter the cheats/codes you want. It'll take time but so far it's all good, I have used help from AR codes for PKMN Black 2 which JUST came out this year (2012 for future references) and it works just fine. If you're okay with manual input (like say you ONLY need or want a small handful of help), then you're going to like this as long as you take care of it like your games and have the previous DSes to work with.
on September 21, 2012
I'm glad to have finally found a Action Replay that works with the 3DS system, including the 3DS XL models! The only downside I found was that this particular package did not come with the software disk that most people will need to download the proper drivers and programs. However, this can be easily remedied by downloading the required materials from the Code Junkies website. You do have to fiddle around with the programs a little until you find the right one, but once you do get the right program the Action Replay works perfectly. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and would definitely recommend it to those who are looking for extra perks and playtime for their games, especially the Pokemon series.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
Title says it all, the software works occasionally correctly, has a lot of lockups and hangs, but when you finally get your codes transferred to the device, the device does work very well as advertised. There really isn't much more you can say, it either works or it doesn't, and it works. The problem is, it doesn't work for any 3DS games in spite of being advertised as 3DS compatible. It only means that it's DS compatible on a 3DS system - not 3ds compatible.

Those games have some strict DRM that this system is not able to circumvent. Sorry.
on October 10, 2012
All of you who claim it produces errors when used with a 3DS console need to update your firmware. Datel/Codejunkies released the latest firmware update for this action replay device on 8/20 and it is available for download from their website [...]. It is very easy to install, and takes less than 5 minutes.

So all you angry mommas out there, there is a very simple fix to the problem.

However, as several other people have stated, this is NOT compatible with 3DS GAMES. Only standard DS games played on a 3DS CONSOLE.

Mine works perfectly fine, even with Pokemon Black 2, which was just released earlier this week. Upgrade your firmware and you're perfect to go!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse