Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Dating After 50 For Dummies Paperback – December 20, 2013
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
- Boost your confidence and find Mr. or Ms. Right
- Meet more people locally and through online dating sites
- Address the sensitive issues that arise as you age
- Introduce a new partner to your friends and family
Meet, date, and start a relationship with Mr. or Ms. Right — after 50
Are you looking for a fun Saturday night date or a happily-ever-after mate? Dating After 50 For Dummies gives you trusted tips and guidance on jumping back into the dating scene, maybe for the first time in a long time, bringing you up to speed on how the dating world has changed since you last tested the waters. You’ll get the confidence and know-how to get out there and meet the partner of your dreams.
- It begins within — get trusted guidance on deciding whether you’re ready for a relationship, figuring out who (and what) you’re looking for, and getting past feelings of insecurity
- Stop thinking and start doing — discover ways of putting yourself out there, from making connections through friends and acquaintances to diving into the online dating scene
- Let’s talk about sex — get advice on talking to a new partner about sex, when to have “the talk” about monogamy, and how to navigate sexual issues that can arise as you age
- Special concerns — find out how to talk about money matters, confront a personal illness that affects your relationship, and forge ahead with someone who has physical issues
Open the book and find:
- Creative ways to approach a potential date
- Fresh and new dating ideas
- Ways to let go of your past and welcome new possibilities
- Tips for creating an online dating profile that will get you noticed
- Common medical issues that can make dating and intimacy difficult
- Do’s and don’ts for introducing a date to your family and friends
- Dating resources for gays and lesbians
About the Author
Pepper Schwartz is Professor of Sociology at the University of Washington, Seattle, and the AARP’s sex and relationship ambassador. She created the matching algorithm for Perfectmatch.com, is a romance consultant to HisandHersvacations.com, and is a former president of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality.