Datrex 3600 Calorie Emergency Food Bar for Survival Kits, Disaster Preparedness, Survival Gear, Survival Supplies, Schools Supplies, Disaster Kit 25.4 oz.
|Price:||$39.99 - $79.99|
- Value Pack of Two 18 Bar packs, Total of 36 bars with 200 Calories per bar, 3600 calories per pack
- Tabletized and sub packaged for ease of rationing and storage in your survival and disaster kit
- All natural ingredients with no preservatives and superior coconut flavor
- USCG approved; small and lightweight with a 5 year shelf life
- High energy value; ready to eat; non thirst provoking
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Even if you haven't witnessed a disaster firsthand, you've seen the devastation they cause and you know that you can never be too prepared. If you are out on the water; preparation is even more important. Food rations from Datrex are made from all natural ingredients, have high energy value and are tabletized and sub packaged for easy rationing. They have a five year shelf life and are also USCG approved so you know you can count on them when you need them.200 calories per bar/2 packs of 18 bars.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have had to re-order this item on several occasions to replenish my office stash as I keep snacking on the darn things.
1) The 'brick' is aluminized plastic vacuum wrapped around 18 individually wrapped bars.
2) The brick is heavier than you would expect as the moisture content is very low to allow a tightly packed food source in minimal space.
3) Due to the low moisture content you will want a liquid to drink although the bars themselves DO NOT enhance thirst.
4) Once the outer wrapper has been breached, the 5 year shelf life is no longer applicable. The individual bars are wrapped in ultra thin cellophane.
5) The 18 separate bars TOTAL 3600 calories. The Three day calculation is bases on 1,200 calories per day (3 meals a day for 3 days at 2 bars per meal).
6) For those of you who rightly observe that 1,200 calories per day is below the prescribed minimum...keep in mind these bars are coast guard approved emergency rations. They are MISSION SPECIFIC. I.E.: They were designed for the relatively low caloric consumption of sitting, inactive, in a life boat while awaiting rescue.
That fact, however, does not diminsh the wisdom of having a supply on hand for emergencies and/or bug-out ration suppliments.
One Complaint: as I mentioned before, they use a thin cellophane wrap on each bar (no doubt to further minimize bulk of packaging).
The problem is that it is a B*TCH to unwrap. If you do it wrong, the bar will crumble. My technique is to sliide the side of a pocket knife around the flat side of the bar (Much like you were honing the knife on a whet stone) until the edge of the knife catches the edge of the wrapper and then gently work the wrapper off.
If you wanted to you could even use these for occasional snacks, though I wouldn't recommend it as they are high in fat (9 grams per bar) also once the outer glazed aluminum foil wrap is breached/vaccum is broken your 5 year shelf life is no more, though you'll probably still get a year out of it. Just a warning to those who haven't bought/consumed these before they are quite small, each bar is about 2 1/2"L x 1 1/2"W and about a quarter of an inch thick, but they are compressed, and made to be eaten slowly and chewed well.
I will update this if anything changes, be smart and stay safe everyone!
They claim 3 days per bar. This will vary based on your activity level.
Laying in a life raft, the instructions say to nibble one every 6 hours which would stretch these to 4 1/2 days while on land, they suggest 1 every 4 hours which makes the 3 days they claim.
I suggest planning that each pack is good for 2 days if you need to be active.
A bit heavy but you do not need extra water or to build a fire. Nothing to distract you.
So many possibilities, but basically, these are a major part of my disaster plan
These food bars will keep well when store in locations that experience extremes in temperature (like the inside of a vehicle), and the packaging is water proof, if undamaged. I highly recommend that everyone keep some of these stored in locations where they can be found and used in an extended emergency.
These that I purchased are replacements for the exact same product that I got eight years ago. Those had gone beyond the expiration date. I was curious as to how they would be. So, I opened them and ate them. They really weren't bad tasting (kind of nutty, and a little sweet), and I detected no stale taste. I have not been in an environment where I used only these bars for nutrition. So, cannot attest to how well they will maintain energy when they are the only source of food for several days of physical and emotional stress. However, I can say that they lasted beyond the expiration date, and maintained their fresh taste. They were also surprisingly filling when washed down with water. These bars will absolutely be better than having nothing.
Most recent customer reviews
Taste is almost exactly like graham crackers and unlikely to be rejected by anyone, especially after going...Read more
Items have Great Shelf Life and expiration date was within 5 years.Read more