Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Datrex Emergency Survival Water Pouch (Pack of 64), 125ml
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Now

Size: Case of 64 Pouches|Change

Showing 1-10 of 627 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on July 4, 2012
These packs are excellent for emergency purposes and are in a familiar type package. So I recomend as far as the actual Water Package. I bought three boxes of the 3-day supply. However, the warning I want to advise buyers about is that the 3 day supply come in cardboard boxes filled to the top with these packages without any barrier to protect them from if you attempt to open the box with a knife of any kind, as I did, it would be very easy to cut through several of these packages while opening the box they ship in, so be aware that you should not drive a knife into any of the seems of the taped areas of the shipment box while trying to open the box they come in cause it will be very easy to tear through one or several of the water packs. I almost did, but fortunately suffered no damage. Outside of that this is a must have if you live in Hurricane Territory or are going out into a survival situation (wilderness camping/hiking), or are a prepper of any kind. By the way, the boxes they ship in are ideal for storing them long term since they are very compact and sturdy being about 10 inches long 4 inches wide and 5 inches tall. Would be 5 Stars, but I gave 4 stars cause they should put some label on the box warning of the poissibility of rupturing the packs when opening the box or put some linning on top of the water packs to protect them. Recomend.
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2013
I'll spare you the majority of the boring details about leak detection, but the fastest way is laying these out on sheets of paper and then applying a small amount pressure using the palm of your hand and letting them sit for about 15 minutes. Check the packets and paper for any moisture, then flip the packs over and repeat.

So far, 6 of the packs have leaks. There MAY be more, but that is the amount that I can state with absolute certainty. You might feel that 6 out of 64 could be considered a "small amount" of damage. My opinion, is that I paid for 64 packs undamaged packs. Not 58.

The larger problem with these leaks is that if left in these cardboard shipping boxes (which I think most people might do), this "small amount" of leaking still leads to moisture in a paper box, leading to mold. Obviously, mold is bad. So, I have decided to store these packets in a plastic box, away from light/heat and I would urge you to do the same.

Since Amazon cannot replace the individual packets, I decided to exchange it. I swapped any leaky packs with the replacement box. With a PERMANENT MARKER, I then circled all of the locations where the packets had holes. This was to show Amazon and to prevent OTHER customers from getting my damaged packs.

Thankfully, Amazon Prime has a good return/exchange program!

I hope this review was helpful to somebody... :-)
on November 26, 2012
Perfect for a Bugout Bag. However it is not the correct amount of water for 3 days, FEMA Recommends 1 gallon per day per person, this is only 1.5Liters. 1 gallon = 3.78 liters. So you would need QTY 2 so 24 packets.
44 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2011
I bought this 72 hour water supply as an addition to my "Earthquake/Emergency preparedness kit." The water packages seem to be well constructed and haven't burst under pressure, even when I sat on my bag! I don't think there's enough water for two people, especially if you're on the move, but that's why they're called emergency rations. I recommend you buy 12 packets/person and have a Camelback or some other water container easily accessible and ready to go if the proverbial @#*! ever hits the fan! Good luck!
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2015
This is filtered water in a polymer foil pouch. Each pouch contains 4.227 fluid ounces. According to their web site they have approval from the USCG, Canadian Coast Guard, EC and NZ. This water has been filtered and filled at FDA certified facilities. The web site says it will stay fresh for 5 years in even the harshest environments. I wanted a way to safely store water in my car. I had heard about the controversy surrounding plastic water bottles, heat from the car, and breast cancer. Don't know if it's true, but it was a risk I did not want to take. I thought of storing bottled water from the grocery store or storing water in glass jars. The fact that the bottles have to be rotated more than I wanted to rotate them made this not an option for me. I might remember my car, but would also have to remember my husband's. Summers where I live soar into the 100 degress. Inside the car is hotter. I needed to store water safely in the car for an emergency. I learned about Datrex. It was a solution to my problems. Each pouch is for one use. The top of the pouch is supposed to rip to open. The pouches I recieved had a tiny hole punched through the area you were supposed to rip, making it easier to open. This hole did not help ripping it open. Photo of the tiny hole on the pouch is enclosed. I had to open the pouch with a pair of scissors. It is advertised as 72 hours worth of water, because this company thinks you shouldn't drink water the first 24 hours of an emergency unless you are sick or injured. This is actually printed on the back of the pouch. Don't know about you, but that is not how I am going to operate in an emergency. Since this product met all of my criteria I was afraid it would taste horrible. Before I tasted it I told myself. "It doesn't matter how it tastes if it saves your life." After cutting the dark area marked for opening of the packet off with a pair of scissors I felt that the water did not come out that easily. I cut the opening larger. Walked into the bathroom so I could spit it out. No need to spit it out. Shock of all shocks, the water tastes good! So glad I found this product. I carry it in my car along with Mainstay Emergency Rations. Both products are made to withstand harsh environments.
review image review image
on September 28, 2011
I ordered three of these for our 72 hour emergency kit and came back to order some more for our pets. The pouches remind me of Capri Sun kid drinks. Ordered September 2011 and all pouches expire in 2016. One pack came in one plastic zip lock bag. Very light weight.
on March 17, 2014
I am an Amazon power user, and this is the first time I'm writing a negative review. Water arrived today. Pouches say they were made in 2010 (4 years ago), and they expire in 2015. What good does a 5 year shelf life do, if the item is already 4 years old when it arrives? Returning these pronto.
55 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
These water packets are great but do not stack them together in a bag where you are going to be moving the bag around or carrying because they will puncture each other as the packets are moving around in your bag. The edges of the packets bend and make a point that are just a sharp as a knife. Do not stack these together. other than that they are great!
on September 25, 2015
I was a little disappointed how little water there was in each bag, I suppose I could have read the description to see that each bag is 4 ounces or 125 ml, but i was too lazy to do that. If you are building a kit for home use you are better off just having a few jugs of water under the stairs. These are most useful on a boat or in a long term storage situation. Each pouch will fill about a quarter of a normal sized glass. I am torn (ha!) about how difficult these are too open. There is a little hole that says tear here, that is very difficult to tear by hand. That said they are very firm sturdy little packets. You might want scissors or a blade in your kit as well, but you will feel silly if you cut yourself opening your water sip.
review image
on October 29, 2015
These are something you hope you never have to use. I keep some in each of the cars in case of emergency. The stated shelf life is 5 years which is good. I purchased these on 10/22/2015 with a manufacture date of 10/2015. Pretty good if you ask me. They are expensive and not intended to be kept as your main emergency supply at your home. Pick up some gallon bottles when on sale at the grocery store for that. If you have the room get some 55 gallon barrels. Better to have more than not enough! Keep these in your car or boat where you can leave them and not have to rotate them for 5 years.
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.