- File Size: 3789 KB
- Print Length: 90 pages
- Publication Date: May 11, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072L4JCTW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#56,879 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Abuse
- #3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Dysfunctional Relationships
- #14 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Dysfunctional Relationships
|Print List Price:||$6.95|
Save $5.96 (86%)
Daughter of Darkness (The Sphinx) Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Anyone who has experienced bullying in their lives will relate to the story told in this novella. It's sad and painful, and it takes us all back to a time when we simply wanted to be accepted for who we were. It brought out emotions in me that had my heart clenching and my emotions running the gambit.
No one tells a heartfelt story like Ms Wagner. Her characters draw us in and make us want to be a part of the story, even when it's traumatic and heartbreaking. Knowing that her mother is the goddess of discord, and that this is one of the things Dahlia brings to the table, doesn't change our minds. We still want to be a part of this story, to step onto the pages and comfort her. This is what the author brings out in us as readers. The story is more than words on a page, but becomes a lesson in acceptance, leaving us with scars. And still, it is an adventure we are always glad to have taken, because within the experience, we learn to heal. Thank you for sharing such a personal part of yourself with us, Raye Wagner. Stories like these are ones that will affect a positive change in the real world.
“…And if you listen to nothing else I ever tell you, I want you to hear this. Your value has nothing to do with how you look or what the laddies think of you. It has to do with who you are, the decisions you make, and what you choose to do with yourself. It has to do with what you can accomplish, right?”
Have I told you already that Xan is my favorite? Because he is.
Raye’s writing gets better and better with every book she releases, and this is perfection. So much emotion and relationship development in a short work of art.
This story has hit some nerves with me and reminded me of gow i use to be, but it also help me see that I'm not worthless unless I make myself that way. I'm strong, beautiful and I'm worth everything I put myself to be.
I hope when you read this, you feel the same way. You are not worthless!!!!!
Thank you Raye for such a powerful words. You are an amazing, caring, fun, and loving person.
Happy reading everyone!!!!!
Although the story focuses on Dahlia's journey, the real beauty of this story lies in its universal message that everyone has value and the potential to overcome. Wagner has the unique ability to pull you into the character's world while simultaneously causing you to reflect upon your own story. This was an amazing and inspirational story that will touch the hearts of everyone who reads it.
While those that love the series will enjoy a better understanding of the characters, everyone will be able to relate to Dahlia's struggle with insecurity and personal trials. As it can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend it to everyone.
Most recent customer reviews
This is a companion book to the Sphinx series and is specifically...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Abuse
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Dysfunctional Relationships
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Physical & Emotional Abuse
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Abuse
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Dysfunctional Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Physical & Emotional Abuse