- File Size: 631 KB
- Print Length: 230 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0990391957
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: 5280 Press (May 10, 2016)
- Publication Date: May 10, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01FI93A36
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #575,687 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.95|
Save $9.96 (77%)
Daughters of Anarchy: Season 1 Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 230 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Stevie works for the federal government. Her job is to comb through personal communications and surveillance video, searching for those who are possibly linked to terrorist enterprise. Sort of like our own NSA. Naturally, having this level of access, she occasionally uses this as a source for her own activities.
Stevie's victims are usually the wealthy untouchables who commit heinous acts, yet are seldom punished for their misdeeds, due to their wealth and position in society. Stevie hates this and works to correct what she sees as a flaw in the system.
The tone of this book is dark. It's told in the first person, so the reader sees her thinking, her motives, her fears and her views of her city and her workplace, 'the Disc', a satellite station in the stratosphere above the city.
The writing is crisp and linear. It reminds me of the dialogue from the old 50s TV series, Dragnet (just the facts, Ma'am). The storyline keeps the reader guessing the entire time. Stevie has a way to keep from being identified and caught. It's very unique. You'll enjoy this book if you have a taste for detective and film noir.
The light Science Fiction aspect adds to the plot without it becomming too cliche'. This is a futuristic society that has been through two wars, yet is still struggling to return things to normal, all while being under constant surveillance, public and private. This is the extreme boundaries of the Patriot Act, all in the name of preventing terrorism.
The concept is scary but very realistic in it's description. Try this out, if not for the plot, then for a glimpse into our own future.
Wonderfully written from beginning to end, Daughters of Anarchy sets up an exciting new series. If you liked Dexter, you'll love Stevie.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Vigilante Justice
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering