Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A Daughter's Worth: A Bible Study for Teenaged Girls Paperback – August 29, 2006
2016 Book Awards
Browse award-winning titles. See all 2016 winners
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Parents: This was an amazing Bible Study. I did it by myself and loved it. Now my church's girls group is about to start it too! I'm a teenager so I know this can help your daughter understand how beautiful she is in God's eyes!!
1. The topics covered touch on areas in a girl's life that are pivotal to their growth and development as a person in society as well as a person of faith. It helps establish or build on a solid foundation that is important at all ages but especially as a teen.
2. Room is given to do some journaling or prayer writing which can be helpful to process what is being discussed and also to look back on and see your own progress as well as God's hand in your life.
3. With a good leader, this book would be approachable and helpful to Christian and non-Christian girls alike as the topics covered are things that every girl deals with on a daily basis.
1. The topics are not always covered very well. Many times only the perfect or ideal side of an issue is discussed which is very impractical and narrow as far as point of view and life experience are concerned.
2. Many times the Scripture passages chosen simply do not make sense or fit the given topic at all. I've been through Bible school and seminary and while I can explain the context of the verses and what they mean, I can't make them fit a discussion that they have nothing to do with. I often find myself finding Scriptures myself to go along with each devotion.
3. The book doesn't offer very much in terms of discussion questions or prompts but is great for self-reflection and growing in faith.Read more ›
*When I suggested the Bible study to my girls, I also suggested that we eat a special fun snack (of their choosing) each week when we met- teens can often be lured by food. :)
It seems that Ava Sturgeon has put into practical words what all ladies, young and old, want to know for themselves.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved going through this Bible Study, it had some great topics. I loved the layout of this book with the questions and readings.Published 25 days ago by SBorden
Good resource for my early teen daughter. We read parts of it together, and she does portions on her own. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Matt & Julie
I use this in mentoring teens. It is perfect for new believers and those who have been in church their whole life. Each chapter is formatted great for reading and discussion. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ernie Roberts
This devotion book is in depth and amazing. I'm a teacher at Christian school, and every week we group with students to have devotion. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Apanda Jinn
Such an important message for our daughters in every generation!Published 12 months ago by Carrie K