Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 341 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,101 reviews
on March 29, 2017
For over a decade now, Chris Daughtry and his band have rocked the world with their chart-topping hits. Listening to all 12 tracks, you would never really know that Chris was once on American Idol (and sadly, he did not win first place for that year's competition) because his awesome, rock-style voice simply doesn't show it. Most casual listeners would easily compare this band to Nickelback or 3 Doors Down but, for me, Daughtry is forever important in my CD collection.

For a very impressive debut, Chris assembled studio musicians (most notably, Phil X) and recruited producer Howard Benson (Flyleaf), giving this entire album a raw, edgy, gritty, yet polished, monster-driven, hit-laden shine. And Daughtry enjoyed the success of having not less than 5 mega-smashes to their name: 'It's Not Over', 'Home', the breakup anthem 'Over You', 'Feels Like Tonight', and the faith/hope inspired 'What About Now?' However, the BIGGEST surprise is guitar hero/legend Slash (Guns 'N' Roses, Velvet Revolver), delivering a walloping, healing, full-of-emotion guitar solo on 'What I Want.'

This would only be the beginning of Daughtry, as Chris would continue to crank out even MORE hits on his next 3 records. And now that it's 2017, perhaps it's time for him to produce another record?! :)
on May 3, 2017
as described
on March 19, 2017
good condition
on October 2, 2010
I am not an American Idol fanatic. I watch a show here or there. Mostly it annoys me. I did watch more of the season Chris Daughtry was on. When he didn't make it to number one I wasn't disappointed because I knew he'd be picked up by better. Daughtry is easily THE BEST musician to come from that show. (Granted Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are extremely talented in their own rights.) I'd like to think he would have made it regardless. For me he has the same energy as some other just jeans & rock bands I love, like Tesla, Tom Petty. He has the voice that hooks you in and the band has the talent to keep you there.

I love his music and am not going to review every song. I think he has some amazing lyrics and arrangements. What I have to say about this album is the cover of Foreigner's "Feels Like The First Time" is both eery and beautifully updated. In the ranks of covers such as Shinedown doing Lynryd Skynryd's "Simple Man", Metallica doing Bob Seger's "Turn the Page" and Tesla's cover of "Signs" (honest - not sure who recorded this first. For some reason thought Golden Earring but do not know).

Another great thing about Daughtry - I love it when a song has the same amazing feeling for me when it's unplugged. Completely delivered here.

My tastes are varied, leaning towards hard rock, metal, classic rock with a dose of just about everything else here and there. Daughtry has quickly become one of my standards.
on April 21, 2017
Interesting tone and performance presentation hold my ear. Like his vibe
on July 24, 2017
Rock on
on March 16, 2007
In fact, the only American Idol seasons I've watched are the 1st and current seasons. I'm impressed with this CD, and I'll more than likely buy his next album. I can listen to the whole CD without skipping songs. Which says a lot, since most of my CDs have at least one song that I don't care for. I'd rate him up there with Disturbed and System of a Down(I'm only comparing song quality, and not saying they're all the same style). It'll be tough for him to follow up this CD, but I'm sure he'll be able to do it.

It's awesome to finally get a quality product from the "music" industry. I think the success of this CD speaks for itself too, and who should have truly won the American Idol title for this particular season. But seeing this latest season, and the first season, is that American Idol isn't a singing competition. It's more of a High School Government election, where popularity and misguided reality outway quality and competance. It would be nice to see the producers of this program change the voting system to force the Judges to do more than sit there and give opinions that don't really matter.
on December 29, 2013
I enjoyed watching Chris Daughtry on American Idol so his debut CD was something I very much looked forward to. He deserves kudos for this great album, but it did get old fast. All of his songs begin sounding the same after a few plays. "What I Want" is a fun track since Slash is accompanying him, but the rest become forgettable. If this album is on sale, it might be worth buying, listening to a few times, then putting away for a few years and then reminiscing.
on June 6, 2014
I liked some of the songs, but some of the songs sounded too much alike and a little repetitive. However, this isn't usually the type of music I buy. I bought the album specifically for a song I liked on there and since the whole album was on sale and was just a couple dollars more than if I had just bought the one song, I just decided to buy the whole album. It definitely shows that he has talent, I just don't like most of the songs on there. But like I said, this album is a type of music that I don't normally listen to or buy.
on October 6, 2016