Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Dave Cline
* I'm a guy who wonders if humanity is all alone in the Universe.
* I'm a guy hoping that my kids find happiness in life.
* I'm a guy who is not concerned with the sales quotas of his books.
* If I can get better with each novel, then I'll be happy.
* If just one person declares my book a success, other than my mother, then I will have been a success.
* I'm a guy who writes software for a living, but dreams of writing fiction for a career.
* I'm a guy struggling to find his way in this world, just like you.
The world is falling apart. Is the Holocene over? Are Calamity and Catastrophe back with a vengeance? The Eyes of a mythical giant and the untested resolve of a teen-age girl may be the only hope humanity has of containing Chaos and all that he wishes to unleash upon humankind. Can young Sathena, with the help of Allie, her friend and tutor, Harry, her faithful wolfhound, and the unlikely guidance and support of a pair of ancient Greek legends, centuries out of their time, secure the Gates of Chaos and save human civilization?
Disaster arrived and found a home, a pair of coronal mass ejections destroyed the world's electric grid. Two hundred years later, pockets of survivors scratch out a living. This morning, a storm threatens as Tillion sets out alone to fish the Bonneville Sea, a sea born anew due to climate change. He must leave his sister with their father, a broken, untrustworthy man. "Fill the barrels and return", Tillion tells himself. But the sea's waves and the winds of the storm have other plans--to wreck his boat and force him to drift, as he may, north into the hands of the Blues and their righteous sense of justice.