Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Davey and Goliath, Vol. 1
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on July 29, 2005
I own several of these episodes on previous DVD releases that were not remastered, and I have to say the difference is astounding! Almost all the film blemishes have been removed and the colors are much more pronounced in this remastered edition. Definitely worth purchasing even if you have the earlier DVD or VHS editions. These prints are much better than what was aired on TV in my childhood.
on June 10, 2005
These timeless episodes of Davey and Goliath are terrific! The films are simply as joyful as when they were first produced. The Davey and Goliath series brings with it wonderful lessons of learning, understanding and forgiveness in an exciting and refreshingly entertaining manner.

The Davey and Goliath series is not only religious as many may believe, however, for children and adults of all ages a means of better appreciating the world around us, and memories of simpler, family times.

These restored films, "The Kite", "To The Rescue", "Finders Keeper", "Stranded on an Island", and "Blind Man's Bluff", are as educational today as they were in the 60's and 70's!
VINE VOICEon December 14, 2005
I was never familiar with "Davey and Goliath." In fact, until this first volume came out, I never even knew it existed. One day, while searching for a good DVD for my daughter, I decided to give this a try. What I found was one of the best children's shows around. "Davey and Goliath" are, simply put, two of the best characters you could ever introduce your child to. This particular volume features four classic episodes and one bonus story. The four fifteen minute episodes are: The Kite, Finders Keepers, Blind Man's Bluff, and Stranded On An Island. "To The Rescue" is the special thirty minute bonus story. Also included is "Oh, Davey!" which is a retrospective look back at the making of and the influence of the characters and the stories.

Produced by the Lutheran Church in America between 1962 and 1975 and the creators of "Gumby," this series about a young boy and his dog live life by standards set by God. This Christian based TV series is well worth viewing, no matter what your religion. Personally, I'm a Catholic, and I see nothing wrong with the moral values young Davey and Goliath teach children. You see the consequences of doing wrong things like telling lies, stealing, and not sharing. "Blind Man's Bluff" takes on the very serious issue of racism.

Unfortunately, a series such as this would find it hard to be placed on television these days for the simple fact that our society has become so caught up in not offending anyone. How dare you teach Christian morals and values to children! Watch this wonderful DVD with your children and be prepared to handle any questions the stories may generate.

Simply wonderful and recommended to anyone who wants their child to grow up with strong morals and values.
55 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2005
Bought this for my wife who is a huge fan of D & G. She loved it! The extras were entertaining and informative. I only hope future DVDs are relased with more than 4 episodes per disc. The episodes are only 15 minutes long.
on November 4, 2006
great show, recently bought the holiday spectacular box set. best deal if you are considering or trying to figure out which volume of episodes to order. i remember as a kid, getting up at 6 a.m. on a sunday morning and watching at least 2 15 minute episodes on ch.7. the 30 minute holiday specials were excellent as well. thanks for the memories.
on August 21, 2016
The quality of the video is great. The subject matter is a bit outdated. Racial issues were more in the forefront in the 50's and 60's. Now my grandsons have no idea what the video is talking about and cannot relate. But overall, the videos still teach good values that all children need.
on June 26, 2016
I grew up on Davey and Goliath and wanted my 9 year old nephew to see these gems, as well. There are lots of positive, moral lessons to be learned without being preachy. His parents sometimes use these as a Bible study resource.
on March 6, 2014
this show was on Sunday mornings. me and my 2 brothers never missed it.nor did we know it was a religious show.it just seemed like the right thing to do. Davie did seem like a bit of a sissy.but we still liked him.i bought and watched them all. my wife thought i was nuts.until i put HR PUFF AND STUFF and KIMBA the white lion on. and she got a kick out of it. Thanks for the memories
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2014
This is the good stuff... for any kid. Wish there was another season of moral and upright living. Better than the junk out there now. Nice alternative to learning just your abc's... Like how to treat others.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2006
This kids show aired every Sunday morning, after Jot went off. These were the only shows, or television we were allowed to watch on Sunday's, back then, as kids.

I remember being fascinated, as any 8-year old would be, by the clay-mation [technology??] effects in producing this show. In fact, nearly every kid I attended church or Sunday school with watched this show, religiously (no pun intended).

I am thrilled that nostalgic children's shows like this have been revived, and are now available on modern DVD for home viewing. Since I have not seen the classic episode's anywhere on broadcast, cable, or scrambler television.