BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

This is a great little guide to accompany my Canon Rebel T3. I am new to using digital SLRs (I usually have an automatic, pocket camera or my iPhone). I needed a guide to help me through the settings.

This is great. Easily arranged and easy to find the function I need when in the field. This is truly a field guide (not as compact as you might expect size-wise) with a spiral binding.

Relatively basic and I am sure there is nothing in this book - which really outlines the functions and settings more than anything else - that someone more versed with an expertise in DSLR's would need.

For me, perfect.
on November 3, 2011
The book was compact as promised. Detailed yet concise and easy to follow instructions. Very good instruction manual as a followup (or even better than) the PDF manual from Canon. This one you can carry in the camera bag, backpack or in the glove compartment. Really want to try out Chapter 7 (Shooting Tips)as the author suggests. very obvious that Mr. Busch is very knowledgeable and devoted a lot of extra time studying and creating suggestions/recommendations especially to entry-level DSLR users like myself. Added bonus was the autographed copy of the book from the author/seller himself. Will definitely consider buying next the full-guide of the book by the same author in the near future.
on December 2, 2011
I was very nervous at first with using the manual that came with this camera, so I bought this field guide and the larger book by this author. Both are understandable and easy to follow. Thanks!
on April 3, 2013
Modern DSLR cameras seem to be so feature-rich that their user interfaces are necessarily given to Wurlitzer-organ-like complexity. While not utterly perfect, this book has helped me a lot more than the documentation Canon included in the camera box. The book has a formulaic feel that makes me think Busch has a how-to-book mill cranking away in his workshop, but it covers the essential features of the T3 and a lot more, lucidly and concisely. I've run across no errors thus far in hours of perusing and using the book.
on January 7, 2013
This book tells about the Canon T3 camera. Mr. Busch explains each part of the comera to you. All of the settings and how they work for you as the photographer is spelled out in this book. The knowledge that Davis possessies is one that you take with you. You will use his techniques and be thankful for reading this book. I just loved the book and I still bring it with me where ever I go. I use it as a reference guide.
You can't go wrong with any of David Busch books on/of photography.
Renee M Ruquet
on March 28, 2014
I love the way David Busch writes his books to help us newbies to the camera world understand the functions of the camera. This review is late...as I no longer have the camera.... or book....but I will say that I have since purchased a new Canon T5i camera and the first thing I did was buy another David Busch instructional book for that camera. Highly recommended!!!!
on March 8, 2013
The first 10 pages of this book will give you more practical information about what this camera can do than you can imagine. Not only does it explain in "plain language" the technical aspects of this camera but it shows you how to accomplish what you need or want to do. The color photos of menu's and operational buttons make things so easy. Thanks to author David Busch!
on December 30, 2014
I just purchased a new Canon EOS Rebel T5, a newer version of the T3. I feel that this will be very helpful in learning all the functions of my new camera. I have always just used a point and shoot camera so this is a new challenge.
Helped me learn how to use my camera
on February 1, 2013
This field guide has come in very handy when I'm out in the field using my camera. It clearly explains the hundreds of functions and the best uses for the settings.

I keep it in my camera bag and have referred to it hundreds of times for clarification on the best functions for whatever my scene is. Well worth having. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a Canon T3.