From the Author
Rather than rush to be first on the shelves with a cursory overview of the Canon EOS Rebel T3i, I decided to take some extra time putting together this comprehensive, 400-page guide that answers all the questions that both beginners and more experienced amateurs will have about this sophisticated camera. If you're serious about photography, you need:
- Detailed coverage of the T3i's autofocus features. Are you confused by all the T3i's autofocus options? Learn how to choose focus modes and zone selection methods to snap into sharp focus every time. You'll find explanations of exactly how phase detection and contrast detection work, and step-by-step instructions for using techniques like stack focus.
- Essential advice on settings options. You need more than just a rehash of menu options and settings. You want advice on when you should use (or not use) each option. I've included two full chapters (more than 100 pages) of tips so you can set up your camera with confidence.
- A full chapter on shooting movies and Live View. My tips go beyond just the camera controls to show you how to get better movies and audio using storyboards, establishing shots, close-ups, two-shots, and more. Get the most from your T3i's full HD video capabilities.
- First-hand experience with the full array of Canon lenses for the T3i. I own and use virtually every lens in the Canon line, and have summarized my recommendations on a full chapter that evaluates the available lenses.
- The latest technology. I'm always looking at new stuff, like Eye-Fi cards, GPS, and smartphone/tablet apps, and provide the latest news in my books, including coverage of Canon's newest 270EX II and 320EX flash units.
- Entire chapters on exposure and histograms, flash and other topics. Improve your photography skills as you learn to use your T3i.