Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
As usual, David does a great job in expanding on the Nikon OEM Manual. It was worth the price I paid to add it to my Nikon Library.
on August 8, 2017
Great book, well laid out. It effectively has the same information as the factory manual however all the various options and settings are discussed in context of how they are used. It is this context that really makes the book so valuable for me.

The only down side is that it's a large heavy volume to carry around; I just wish it was available in electronic format for on the go use.
on January 9, 2014
I bought this book used from Amazon because I had very good luck with a previous used book purchase. I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but again, the book I received is what I would call 'new'! It's firm, no bent pages and extremely clean. I have seen new books at Barnes and Noble that looked worse. And, I was expecting a longer wait because of free shipping. Not so, had it with 5 days. My only stupid mistake was I thought I bought the Nikon D3 edition, which is what I needed, but the Nikon D3s is mostly the same camera. The critical parts I need to refer to are the same for both camera's. Very pleased, will buy from Amazon again.
on October 3, 2013
This guide is perfect for the D3s user. In fact, Busch discusses capabilities that are common to many Nikon models but I never realized it! But, then Busch goes on to specifically discuss the D3s are how to more fully utilize its capabilities. Very thorough. I read through the entire book, and now keep it as a reference tool. I don't have any other books on the D3s to compare this to, but I have compared Dave Busch's book on the D700 to others, which is a big reason I bought it for the D3s. His writings are clear and easy to comprehend. I am an amateur photographer and this has been perfect for me.
on June 20, 2012
David is a great author and Nikon authority! Everything is clearly explained and when/why/how would you use certain features. He goes over setting recommendations which you (like myself) don't agree with but then again these are "his" suggestions. I wish there was a KINDLE version as this book is LARGE/HEAVY to lug around with you!

I have owned several Nikon bodies and have read many of David's books. Though this book is written for both the D3s and D3x he clarifies the differences in each body when applicable to one or the other.

There aren't too many books for the D3s (one other I believe) but this book will definitely help you in setting up your camera for your particular shooting style.
on March 22, 2017
Very well written and full of good information a must have guide.
on November 7, 2015
Happy, pleased customer. The book is exactly what I have come to expect from David Busch.
on February 22, 2013
I recently upgraded to the D3S and a friend recommended David Busch's guide. I thought I would just read the manual and started to but am so very glad that I purchased this. I haven't read it in its entirety yet but what I have read has been great and has either taught me something new or reinforced what I already knew. I plan on reading other books by him in the future (they're already saved on my wishlist!)
on April 19, 2016