Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on March 16, 2013
This book has really good information about this camera, and is extremely helpful. It goes beyond the manual that comes with the camera and gives you advice about why to use a feature as well as how. It also gives a bit more of an overview of functions as well as cross-references between them or different aspects, providing a better understanding of how to use the myriad of features. However, with a WARNING for the user, there are small errors here and there throughout the book; in most cases these state the wrong button to use to make a function happen. The first 1 or 2 times I was quite confused, but the camera display usually showed the correct button (or it was otherwise easy to figure out). Also the author states several times that the flash will pop up automatically when used, but that is not true; it requires the manual switch. Moreover, he fails to note that the flash settings button on the control dial are inactive when the the flash is down, active when up - it is context sensitive. Otherwise the descriptions of the functions and how to use them were mostly correct even when the button named was wrong. I suspect that this bit of sloppiness of Busch and his editors was due to the fact that he writes and publishes a huge number of similar books for a variety of cameras. Perhaps he had cut and pasted info from the another similar canon camera and didn't catch all the small changes.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2017
I love my G15 for a travel camera. I even have an underwater casing for it. This book goes into much more depth than the user manual.
on February 25, 2014
I bought another book by this author (Canon G12) for my sister when she bought her new camera. She raved about the book. So when I bought a new camera (Canon G15) I bought this book! It goes so much further than the camera manual. It is also an easy read. There is so much more information than just on the mechanics of the camera and that information is back up by good illustrations! For the price it is an excellent value and it is my go to when I have a question about my camera! The Table of Contents and Index are very well organized and complete! I highly recommend this book!
on February 16, 2013
As a photography hobbyist, I rely on good instruction manuals. This book is easy to use. The coverage is comprehensive. Now all I need to do is take a few 100 images using various settings and modes.
on January 25, 2015
Yes, there are some minor errors in the book, such as referring to the wrong buttons. Overall it does explain the use of functions and settings to a point that you get much more out of the camera. The book does not only explain every feature in detail, it lays out how the different settings and features are used in conjunction, to achieve the best image. It teaches a lot about photography itself, such as photo composure and exposure value.
on February 28, 2013
It really goes into a lot of detail and even mentions how to use photoshop for certain techniques. Has very nice photographs as examples as well. I am only a hobbyist and so have not slogged through the entire book. I felt like Alice in Wonderland when I got my first canon and this writer helped me with my G12 and now my G15. It's all I wish I knew but need a book to know. In the preface he states he starts out believing you know very little and than goes to more advanced use of the camera. I think that is a great idea, especially for someone like me...even though I know more than I did when I got my G12!
on February 4, 2014
A well laid out coverage of the Canon G15. I used it to walk through all of the WOW!! features of my new toy and found it very handy. That said, I purchased the book before the camera arrived. When the camera came, there was an extensive and very detailed users manual on the enclosed disk that is really excellent.

My recommendation - check the users PDF manual first (it is also available for download) and then purchase this book if you need a more user friendly version.
on April 6, 2015
I have owned two Canons in this series, and have worked with the official Canon manuals. The difficulty of using those manuals quickly and efficiently is what drove me to buy this book. And this book is a great combination of useful info about using the Canon Powershot G15 and a good tutor in digital photography. Toss the manual in a bookcase, and travel with this informative text.
on March 16, 2013
This book has made me aware of the many things I didn't know about my new camera. I have been taking pictures for a long time with a variety of cameras and I never realized how different digital cameras are. I had several different digital cameras before I got my Canon Powershot G15, but after plowing through David's book I discovered a lot that I needed to be aware of. This camera has a lot of bells and whistles that I may never use but having this book as a reference will be helpful when I'm confronted with a difficult picture taking situation.
on March 4, 2016
The instruction manual that came with the camera is very sketchy. This book is very detailed and extremely useful in how to fully use all the capabilities of this great camera. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to do more than use the camera as a point and shoot.