Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: David Busch's Sony Alpha SLT-A77 Guide to Digital Photography (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on May 26, 2012
Terrific guide to the new Alpha 77 camera. Every function described in detail and illustrated with full color large and easy to read screen shots and sample photos. It would be a pity to purchase this fine camera and not know how to use its many features which are not at all obvious, especially to users accustomed to the Canon EOS functions and menu. One section to get you stared with setup and the basics. Followed by chapters covering each feature and function in full detail. If you're switching from CANON EOS to Sony Alpha, get this book.
on May 26, 2012
As a novice in the SLR/SLT camera world I went to a camera store to enter the expanded world of photography. I was convinced the A77 was the first and last camera I would need. When I got the camera home holy cow it was a lot more complicated than I thought. It takes awesome pics but I was using about 1% of its capabilities. I thought I needed much more info than what came with the camera. I purchased David Busch's book and as I read it in plain English it makes the functions easy to understand and I am beginning to use more and more of the cameras capabilities. Ii highly recommend this book for anyone that has the A77.
on March 31, 2013
I first bought the Roulland/Matsumoto book, but because the Bush book has a very highly detailed Table of Contents and Index I get my questions answered so much faster that I hardly ever use the R&M book. I would highly recommend this book as your first & possibily the only book you will need.
on February 8, 2013
I have had my A77 for several months but there were some functions (of the many) that were simply not explained anywhere until I got this book. All my questions were addressed here. Get this, you won't be disappointed!
on October 18, 2012
Upon acquiring the new Sony Alpha SLT-A77 I spent hours trying to figure out how to use the camera using the Sony Instruction Manual which I soon discoverd was written only for the primary purpose of identifying the camera's many features.

I finally decided that somewhere in cyberspace there should be a book that describes the operation of the camera. It didn't take long to discover David Busch's "Sony Alpha SLT-A77 Guide to Digital Photography".

The on-line review accurately describes the book. It is a marvelous work, walking you through every detail, with full-color photographs and detailed descriptions of every aspect of the camera.

on June 12, 2012
Don't miss this book, it helps more than any other I've seen.
great quality, good pictures, clear instructions for every
function of the camera.
I received my a77 last nov.2011, one of the first,I use it all
the time, but couldn't believe the new information I was able
to pick up from this book
on December 26, 2012
I am a professional photographer and although I know my cameras well that book taught me a thing or two. The author really goes in every single menu setting and explains it pretty well. He covers the entire camera, every single button, menu and mode. The better you know your camera the better your pictures will be. This is a well done book you must have if you want to stick with your camera the next few years and want to maximize your output.
I love my sony alpha 77. Although it takes great pictures in auto I wanted to do more with it. I wanted to understand what Raw and iso and other words mean.

I have used cameras before, but it's like saying I know a few Spanish words, Rojo is red, verde is green- that doesn't mean I speak spanish. David Busch's book for my Sony Alpha is my slr to English dictionary in a sense, teaching me the language of my camera.

The visuals are terrific. The book shows me exactly what I'm seeing on my LCD screen. It points to the AWB and tells me what it means. To be fair, the sony actually explains stuff, but when I am trying to shoot a picture is not the time to stop and figure out what means what on my screen.

The book shows what all the buttons on the camera are, what they mean, what they do. It takes me from opening the box and taking out the camera and turning it on, to taking advanced photos.

I love that this book is specifically for the alpha 77 so I don't get confused. Once we get back the basics the chapters go into lighting, advanced photography, video, even how to enhance the sound.

The writing is clear, focused, and easy to follow. The pictures are incredibly helpful.

With this book in one hand and my camera in the other I am learning SLR in no time, and actually taking the button off auto!
on December 23, 2012
David Busch is among the more knowledgeable writers of photography guide books and if you doubt it he will remind you throughout most the book. It can be a little distracting but no one knows Sony cameras better then Mr. Busch does. In the case of the SLT-A77, this book can save the owner much frustration, as the camera isn't very forgiving to the unknowledgeable. The total novice who bought this camera would be better off with Robert Correll's Sony Alpha SLT-A65/A77. That book doesn't read like an autobiography. Above novice and the autobiographical aspects of this book can be ignored or laughed at while taking advantage of the real depth of knowledge David Busch really does possess. The A77 isn't cheap. This book can save you much regret.
on March 20, 2013
David Busch does a terrific job in putting a complex set of instructions into straight forward language that is easy to understand. I bought this and his field guide for the A77. They helped me master the transition from Canon to Sony in just a few days. Cannot say enough good things about the value of these books to me. They saved me months of frustration trying to learn the camera with the Sony manual.