Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station
|Sale:||$304.31 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Discount Provided by Amazon.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Self-contained weather monitoring system includes Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS), LCD console, and mounting hardware (mounting pole sold separately)
- Console features an easy-to-read, backlit 3 by 4.375-inch LCD display with a glow-in-the-dark keypad
- Wireless transmission from ISS to console of up to 100 yard with fast updates every 2.5 seconds
- Reports current weather conditions, including indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, dew point, and rainfall
- Console includes weather forecast icons, moon phase, sunrise/sunset times, graphing of weather trends, alarms and more
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Survives cyclic corrosion tests simulating wear in extreme marine weather environments. Features: Displays indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed, wind direction, rainfall and more. Sealed electronics in the integrated sensor suite provide protection against the elements. Glow-in-the-dark keypad for night viewing and domed buttons for better feel.
Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station
Updates every 2.5 seconds (up to 10x faster than the competition). Wireless transmission up to 1000 ft. (300 m) is 3x farther than the competition. Records wind speed as low as 2 mph (3 km/hr) and as high as 150 mph (241 km/hr). Solar-powered with stored energy backup. Easy-to-read, backlit LCD screen at 3" x 4-3/8" (8 x 11 cm).
- The new Davis Vantage Vue weather station combines Davis' legendary accuracy and rugged durability into a compact station that's easy to set up and use. Vantage Vue includes a sleek but tough outdoor sensor array and a distinctive LCD console. Its unique Weather Center function provides additional information on each weather variable.
- In addition, Davis has made Vantage Vue radio-compatible with our flagship Vantage Pro2 stations so you can mix-and-match most components. Applications: Home weather watching and gardening. Schools and universities. Marinas and vacation homes. Fire fighting and emergency response.
Compare with similar items
Ambient Weather WS-2902 10-in-1 Wi-Fi Professional Weather Station with Internet Monitoring, Compatible with Alexa
AcuRite 01024 Pro Weather Station with Lightning Detector, HD Display, Rain Gauge, Wind Speed and Direction, Temperature & Humidity Sensor
AcuRite 01512 Wireless Weather Station with 5-in-1 Weather Sensor: Temperature and Humidity Gauge, Rainfall, Wind Speed and Wind Direction
Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 Weather Station (Wireless)
Davis Instruments 06357 Wireless Integrated Sensor Suite
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||stores123||Ambient Weather||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||stores123||RainmanWeather|
|Item Dimensions||15 x 19 x 7 in||0.75 x 7.5 x 4.5 in||7.6 x 0.6 x 5.5 in||2.62 x 8.12 x 6.75 in||12 x 18 x 16 in||7.25 x 17.5 x 15.25 in|
This wireless weather station provides accurate, reliable weather monitoring in a self-contained, easy-to-install system. Includes outdoor sensor array and LCD console. Mounting hardware included; mounting pole sold separately.
The 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station provides accurate, reliable weather monitoring in a self-contained, easy-to-install system. Designed to provide the weather data you need for home use, educational purposes, boating and more, the Vantage Vue includes a sleek but tough outdoor Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) and a comprehensive console. The ISS sets up in minutes and starts sending data wirelessly to your console anywhere in your home, school, or business--within a 1,000-foot range. The ISS updates to the easy-to-read LCD screen on your console every 2.5-seconds. Constantly updated readouts provide you with current weather conditions, including indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, dew point, and rainfall. The user-friendly console features a backlit, 3 by 4.375-inch LCD screen and a glow-in-the-dark keypad that allows you multiple views and functions including weather forecasting, moon phase and sunrise/sunset times, graphing of weather trends, alarms and more. Vantage Vue's innovative Weather Center button will display additional data on weather variables for today and over the last 25 days. Finally, with the optional WeatherLink data logger and software you can gain access to additional weather analyses in a variety of versions.
The sleek and tough Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) is built to stand up to intense weather conditions.
- Forecast Icons: Icons let you know to expect sun, part sun, clouds, rain, or snow.
- Variable Display Options: See updated variables every 10 seconds for heat index and wind chill to get a better "feel" for the outside environment.
- Weather Center: provides additional information for each weather variable, such as daily highs and lows, temperature changes by the hour and barometric value changes. Also displays astronomical data such as meteor showers.
- User-Friendly Keypad: Domed buttons are easy to sense and press. Glow-in-the-dark keypad offer day and night usability.
- Retransmits: Main console can extend range to additional consoles up to 1,000 feet away.
- Graphs: Graph the last 25 hours, days or months. View up to 50 graphs including temperature, rain, rain rate, wind and barometric pressure--all on the console.
- "This Time Yesterday" Feature: Data point on the graph indicates the weather during the same time yesterday to help compare and analyze day-to-day weather trends.
- Alarms: Set 22 simultaneous, different alarms to warn of dangers such as high winds, freezing temperatures, rain rate, flood warning, and more.
- Time and Date: View the current time and date or the time of sunrise/sunset.
- Moon Phase: See the eight phases of the moon from new to full.
- Barometer: Five-position trend arrow shows whether barometric pressure is rising, falling, or stable.
- Temperature and Humidity: Console updates outside temperature every 10 seconds and inside temperature every minute. In addition, outside humidity updates every 50 seconds and inside humidity every minute.
- Rain: Console updates rain totals and rain rate every 20 seconds for the last 25 hours, days, months.
- Wind Speed: See wind speed updates every 2.5 seconds, in miles per hour, meters per second, kilometers per hour, and knots. Provides the average and high wind speed for two-minute and ten-minute intervals.
- Units of Measure: Data is reported in US standard units.
Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) Features:
- Wireless: Frequency-hopping spread spectrum radio frequency from 902 to 928 MHz ensures consistent transmission up to 1,000 feet from integrated sensor suite to console. Survived cyclic corrosion tests simulating wear in extreme weather environments
- Solar-powered with stored energy backup: Solar Panel energizes the station during the day. On-board super capacitor provides power at night. Lithium battery provides backup when needed.
- Rain Collector: Self-emptying tipping spoon measures rain with 0.01-inch resolution.
- Anemometer: Records wind speeds from two to 150 miles per hour.
- Wind Direction: Measures wind direction in compass points or degrees.
- Temperature/Relative Humidity: Outside temperature readings from -40 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 to 65 degrees Celsius). Measures relative humidity from 0 to 100 percent.
- Weather Proof Cover: is corrosion-resistant and extremely durable. Electronics are potted or over-molded for added moisture shielding.
- Radiation Shield: protects from solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat.
- Easy Installation with included mounting hardware kit.
- Bubble Level: Allows for more accurate installation and better data collection.
What's in the Box?
Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS), LCD console, mounting hardware
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After another call to tech support we were told the refurbished unit that replaced our newly bought unit here on Amazon was out of warranty and we could buy the part to fix it. Over 300 dollars but it would eventually be credited back to 102 dollars if we returned the part.
We are puzzled. We paid for a new unit. It went bad. Got replaced with a used unit that lasted less than 6 months. And now were held up saying we'd have to pay over 300 dollars initially to get it fixed.
No thanks Davis. You lost a customer and tons of future referrals.
Update: A day after writing this review, we had 1.5" of rain overnight. The rain gauge has completely stopped working. The unit is 2 days out of the 30 day warranty period.
ONE YEAR UPDATE--I have now been using the Vantage Vue for a little less than one year. In that time, it has performed almost flawlessly. The wind sensor failed, and was promptly replaced by Davis, as it was still under warranty. They sent me the part, and instructions how to replace it. Problem solved.
I still give this five stars. I would give it more if possible.
I also wanted to advise Mac users that if they want to store weather data at home and/or upload it to weather sites, like Weather Underground, the software program to use is Lightsoft. Their program is designed for Mac only and from what I've seen, is better than any pc based program on the market. In any case, it is definitely the best Mac program for storing and transmitting weather. It is not available at amazon, so here is their website: [...]
I hope this helps for both potential Vue buyers and for Mac owners.
TWO YEAR UPDATE--The only thing I've had to do during the second full year of use was replace the lithium battery, and take the unit down for cleaning. The battery gave approximately a week of warning before needing to be changed, and could be done without removing the unit from the stand. It has streamed information to my computer and Wunderground the entire year. It continues to be the best weather toy I've received. Do not hesitate to purchase this unit if you want to track your weather.
THREE YEAR UPDATE--All I did this year was clean the unit and replace the lithium battery. They say the battery should last two years, with the solar panel handling the brunt of the work, but we live in a spot with a south facing hill that blocks the sun from the Vue during a portion of the winter, so the battery has to pick up the load. I have had to replace it annually. But that's it. Everything else has worked perfectly since we replaced the wind sensor two years ago. Still five stars, still my favorite toy. If you've got a weather enthusiast in your house, this is the best gift you could buy.
FOUR YEAR UPDATE--Same as the last year, folks. I cleaned the unit and replaced the battery. I will say there have been a few more notices from my weather software (Lightsoft), saying it wasn't getting information from the station, but rebooting the software always fixes that problem. The unit itself continues to perform beautifully, and streams constantly. The console has displayed the latest information, without pause, four years and counting.
FIVE YEAR UPDATE--In April, two of the sensors failed. I contacted Davis, and they suggested sending it in to replace the sensors, upgrade the firmware, and give the entire unit an overhaul. It cost $80, and I received the repaired and refurbished unit back in a week, looking and behaving brand new. I changed the battery (living in an area with a lot of winter shade, I'm resigned to changing the battery once a year), and the unit has behaved perfectly since. I have read some posts complaining about getting lemons, or the service at Davis, but that has not been my experience with them. Davis has been completely responsive, with a reasonably priced solution for my problem (rather than trying to convince me to buy something new), and the Vue has far exceeded my expectations. See you next year.
SIX YEAR UPDATE--The unit worked flawlessly this year. I changed the battery, cleaned it and that was all I did. After the work I had done to it last year, it felt like it was brand new, and it performed like it was brand new this year. That's all for 2015, folks.
SEVEN YEAR UPDATE--The unit worked without pause this year. I have not even changed the battery, though I'm certain I'll need to before winter is over. Also, for those keeping track of software, I switched to Weather Cat, which is the next version of Lightsoft. It is a superior weather software, but it's only for Mac. Peace to everyone.
EIGHT YEAR UPDATE--Changed the battery once, cleaned it well, and it worked flawlessly this year. We had a heavy rain year, breaking out of a long drought, and the Vue tracked it without pause. Only one other issue--During the summer, I had to clean off the spider webs more than once. They were spinning their webs so tight, the wind gauge was frozen. Best wishes to all.