Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Davis Instruments 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless Weather Station
|Price:||$314.45 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Self-contained weather monitoring system includes Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS), LCD console, and mounting hardware (mounting pole sold separately)
- Console features an easy-to-read, backlit 3 by 4.375-inch LCD display with a glow-in-the-dark keypad
- Wireless transmission from ISS to console of up to 1,000 feet with fast updates every 2.5 seconds
- Reports current weather conditions, including indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, dew point, and rainfall
- Console includes weather forecast icons, moon phase, sunrise/sunset times, graphing of weather trends, alarms and more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The sleek and tough Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) is built to stand up to intense weather conditions.
- Forecast Icons: Icons let you know to expect sun, part sun, clouds, rain, or snow.
- Variable Display Options: See updated variables every 10 seconds for heat index and wind chill to get a better "feel" for the outside environment.
- Weather Center: provides additional information for each weather variable, such as daily highs and lows, temperature changes by the hour and barometric value changes. Also displays astronomical data such as meteor showers.
- User-Friendly Keypad: Domed buttons are easy to sense and press. Glow-in-the-dark keypad offer day and night usability.
- Retransmits: Main console can extend range to additional consoles up to 1,000 feet away.
- Graphs: Graph the last 25 hours, days or months. View up to 50 graphs including temperature, rain, rain rate, wind and barometric pressure--all on the console.
- "This Time Yesterday" Feature: Data point on the graph indicates the weather during the same time yesterday to help compare and analyze day-to-day weather trends.
- Alarms: Set 22 simultaneous, different alarms to warn of dangers such as high winds, freezing temperatures, rain rate, flood warning, and more.
- Time and Date: View the current time and date or the time of sunrise/sunset.
- Moon Phase: See the eight phases of the moon from new to full.
- Barometer: Five-position trend arrow shows whether barometric pressure is rising, falling, or stable.
- Temperature and Humidity: Console updates outside temperature every 10 seconds and inside temperature every minute. In addition, outside humidity updates every 50 seconds and inside humidity every minute.
- Rain: Console updates rain totals and rain rate every 20 seconds for the last 25 hours, days, months.
- Wind Speed: See wind speed updates every 2.5 seconds, in miles per hour, meters per second, kilometers per hour, and knots. Provides the average and high wind speed for two-minute and ten-minute intervals.
- Units of Measure: Data is reported in US standard units.
Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS) Features:
- Wireless: Frequency-hopping spread spectrum radio frequency from 902 to 928 MHz ensures consistent transmission up to 1,000 feet from integrated sensor suite to console. Survived cyclic corrosion tests simulating wear in extreme weather environments
- Solar-powered with stored energy backup: Solar Panel energizes the station during the day. On-board super capacitor provides power at night. Lithium battery provides backup when needed.
- Rain Collector: Self-emptying tipping spoon measures rain with 0.01-inch resolution.
- Anemometer: Records wind speeds from two to 150 miles per hour.
- Wind Direction: Measures wind direction in compass points or degrees.
- Temperature/Relative Humidity: Outside temperature readings from -40 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 to 65 degrees Celsius). Measures relative humidity from 0 to 100 percent.
- Weather Proof Cover: is corrosion-resistant and extremely durable. Electronics are potted or over-molded for added moisture shielding.
- Radiation Shield: protects from solar radiation and other sources of radiated and reflected heat.
- Easy Installation with included mounting hardware kit.
- Bubble Level: Allows for more accurate installation and better data collection.
What's in the Box?
Integrated Sensor Suite (ISS), LCD console, mounting hardware
Top Customer Reviews
When I got a new computer, I no longer had the required serial port for the old station, and since the anemometer, wind-direction and rain gauge had long since quit working, it was time to replace it with a better system.
The vantage Vue checks wind velocity and direction, temperature, rain-fall, humidity and barometric pressure like most weather stations. This one also calculates wind chill, heat index, heating and cooling degree-days, moon phase, 12-hour forecast, and several other functions, and displays them on an easy-to-read display. It works wirelessly so well, that I tested it by carrying the console 100 yards from the house and could still easily get transmissions from the sensor suite. The Station comes with well-written manuals that are easy to understand. Installation was pretty simple and without any complications. I highly recommend this unit for serious weather-watchers.
This is second Davis System I purchased which failed after just a few years of use. The first was the Vantage Pro Wireless. The latest was the Vantage Vue Wireless.
In each case, the battery would be instantly drained by the Davis unit. Unfortunately this is not an uncommon complaint with Davis systems, as you will see if you check weather enthusiast forums. Sometimes a replacement battery might work for a few days, sometimes it will only work for an hour or two. Then it simply gets drained to zero power. The system will continue to function during the day thanks to the solar panel, but you will have no readings once the sun sets.
After the first unit died 2 years ago, I contacted Davis and was told the main board would have to be replaced. The cost of replacement was nearly as much as the unit itself. So I decided to roll the dice and purchase a Vue Wireless. Two years later, and I am in the same boat. Interestingly enough, Davis now claims they can't find my name or warranty information, even though I have now purchased two units from them, bought a repeater unit, and gone around with them on the Vantage Pro wireless battery issue. Something about them having no record of my repeat business with them simply rubs me the wrong way.
As for accuracy - the temperature was pretty accurate except for very hot days in direct sunlight in light winds. In these cases, the temperature would spike by 1.5-2.0 degrees F very quickly, leading to a false high reading.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lots of short term comments floating around, what people need are long term reviews. My Vantage Vue has been published on the Weather Underground PWS site now for nearly six years... Read morePublished 15 hours ago by jeepmanjr
Station was delivered sooner than expected. Very detailed, step-by-step setup instructions were easy to follow. Station started responding almost immediatly after setup.Published 1 day ago by Charlie Schneider
Love this! Works great and provides a lot of weather related informationPublished 8 days ago by Tracy K
I would have given this product a five star if it had a balance bubble on the bottom instead of the top. For this much money it should be on the bottom. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Tom O'Moore
While it is not the cheapest out there, I learned the hard way. DO NOT buy a cheaper one than this! I has an Ambient Weather WS-2080 before this one and did nothing but fix issues... Read morePublished 29 days ago by Bass Hunter
Bought the 6250 Vantage Vue Wireless station with the WeatherLink IP Software to work with my Rachio Irrigation Controller. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Nice instrument that is easily mounted on a 1 1/2 in electrical pipe. Setup takes a few minutes but is easy if you follow the setup guide
carefully. Read more
More that I expected. So easy to setup and install.From the box to operation in minutes. I just love it.Published 1 month ago by W.J. SonnierJr
I bought this to replace a decades-old, wired Davis weather station that had stopped communicating with my computer 10 years ago and finally died altogether. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Brent D