- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: F.A. Davis Company; 1 edition (December 24, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 080362056X
- ISBN-13: 978-0803620568
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 121 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #172,948 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Davis's Basic Math Review for Nurses: with Step-by-Step Solutions 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The 2nd time try a month-and-a-half later, I made it with a grade of 78%. I will therefore start my LPN schooling in January 2014. Honestly, Math is my Achilles Heel. I am never good at it, just an average and I've been out from school for over 10 years, just how I passed it, here are the tips:
1. Purchase this book "Basic Math Review for Nurses," from Amazon, it is a blessing for me. It contain basic Algebra, fractions, ratio and proportions, percentage and household measurements, decimals, with step-by-step solutions. Very useful.
2. Practice everyday with that book for 2 to 3 yours, try to break down your study habit, in the morning and evening, so you will not burn your brain.
3. If you find the solutions hard to grasp in that book, check other venues, internet youtubes, other self-help books, what's important is you arrive in the correct answer, the quickest time possible.
4. At Everest Institute, Math has 55 items and you will try to solve it in 50 minutes. Therefore, you have to combine your wit and knowledge. Try to solve each questions 40 secs, there is a free calculator in the computer screen that you can use. If your answer does not match any in the multiple choice, do another set of solution, don't retrace your mistake in the solution you earlier made, for it will consume much of your time.
5. Algebraic word expressions (problem solving) is a "landmine" in the exam, it will take me to solve it in 3 to 5 minutes. Therefore, if you are good in Math, try to solve it in a minute, if you cannot, then make an educated guess. The entire Math exam contains a mere 5 to 10 Algebraic word expressions. Don't put much of your time there, you may not be able to finish the whole Math exam and failed to answer easy Math questions down the road.
6. Remember, those who fail, did fail not bec. they don't know how to solve the questions, but simply a lack of time. So, practice, practice, practice.
7. Lastly, pray to Jehovah that He may help you remember all the lessons you took up and pass the exam.
Again, I was never good in Math, but I made it and so are you too.
Most recent customer reviews