The Day After Tomorrow (Widescreen Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The effects of global warming and the greenhouse effect has caught up with the Earth. The polar ice caps are melting and the world's weather patterns are all out of sync. The next ice age is upon us. A scientist that specializes in historical extreme weather changes must fight his way north to New York where his son is caught in the clutches of mother nature.
- Deleted scenes
- "Audio Anatomy" interactive sound demo
- DVD-ROM: Over an hour of exclusive making-of footage
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
There's a plot to overtake the world; this time, it's not the aliens. The weather is out of control. It makes for some terrific effects surrounded by some abysmal acting. How could anyone possibly recommend it? Well, it has moments of fun.
If you have a big, widescreen TV with great dolby digital 5.1 surround sound and liked Independence Day, you should check this one out. However, if you have just average speakers and a normal sized TV and couldn't stand Independence Day, stay away from this movie...far, far away.
The movie begins on an ice shelf where a climatologist is taking core samples. These samples combined with events on the shelf drive the scientist (Quaid) to hypothesize that a new ice age is in the near future unless we change our ways now. To keep things movie, Quad is wrong on the time frame and things begin happening very quickly and drastically. Like ID4, we follow a number of groups as they are affected by the events, especially Quaid and his almost estranged family.
Typical of this type of film, politics and politicians are painted as bad guys although some do come to their senses. The action never lets up and the special effects are absolutely stunning. There are a couple of deleted scenes on the disk that really help link a number of events better than they were in the final product, but the movie worked well without them.
If you are a fan of disaster films then this is one of the biggest you could see. Check it out.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Foreign Films
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General