Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 577 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 616 reviews
on June 6, 2016
We're just shy of finishing our second year writing, so I've been able to see last year's as I've filled out this year. My daughter is now 7, and I think starting it when I did was great. We read the questions during the bedtime routine. A few gems:

What do you hope for?
6 years old: I hope to be rich
7 years old: I hope to be happy tomorrow, and not a grump

What have you done lately that you're proud of?
6 years old: Went on an expedition all by myself
7 years old: Touched the bottom of the 8 feet deep section of the pool for the 1st time.

If you could buy anything what would you buy?
6 years old: thousands of dolls
7 years old: something that stops cancer or a My Little Pony mansion

What are you especially good at?
6 years old: Jumping. I can jump so high!
7 years old: Being awesome (ORLY?? ha)

Ok, enough, but let me tell you, this is a great springboard for conversations. I don't have to ask "tough" questions and get a shrug, or try to force an awkward discussion about "what did you do in school today" because it all comes out when I ask these questions and show that I'm accepting of every answer she gives. She has even said she didn't want to answer a question, and that was ok with me. It's still an answer, right? A question in this book is what raised the big red flag for me when she told me how bored she was in school, or that someone was stealing her pencils, or that a place called Cat Paradise exists, if only in her and her friends' minds.

Plus, my daughter loves this. It's special to her and she's special to me. I highly recommend it.
review image
0Comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2016
My son (8 yo) really does not like writing so his teacher recommended journaling as a way to improve handwriting, confidence in the skill and general practice. As a stall tactic he would complain that he didn't know what to write about. This was just the ticket. The prompts are easy, fun and have room for a few sentences (depending on handwriting size) so its not as intimidating as say an entire blank page.
on January 9, 2017
I bought this book for my husband and daughter as a new years gift. This book quickly became a treasured item and something my 6 year old daughter looks forward to every evening. My husband works a lot with long hours and doesn't spend nearly enough time with her. This book helps them connect and bond with each other every night and start nice conversations between the two of them.
I enjoy watching my daughter smile from ear to ear when daddy is home so he can read her the question of the day and the continue to talk long after the entry in the book was made. He thanked me for this gift as it is truly something special and a good way to bond between to individuals. it doesn't have to be a parent hold thing, an aunt, grandmother or a close friend can use this as a conversation starter.
I def. recommend this book to anyone wanting to spend special moments with someone they love. In a few years it'll become one of the most important things you own. It's been only 9 days for us and my husband has it safely tucked in the safe. <3
on July 3, 2016
I ordered 2 of these to use with our 4 year twins!

I started the book on their 4th birthday!

I figured it'd be something fun to do over the years and look back on.

So far it's been great....some of the questions I've either had to reword to make it something they could understand at their age.... some of the questions I've completely changed because it's not something they could even answer.

Each page has one question and 3 sections (one for each of the 3 years ) for you to write their answer down.

It's become part of our nightly routine now that my kids even say "mommy go get the question book!"
on January 31, 2017
If you're a mom who has the best intentions of scrapbooking, journaling, or some other cute way of keeping track of memories but never seem to get around to it...BUY THIS NOW! It is such a quick, easy way to keep track of the silly things my kids think and say. Each day offers a prompt or question for you to ask your kids and then record their answer in this cute little book. My kids and I have fun doing this each day when they get home from school. And there have been some hilarious responses that will be so fun to look back on when they're all grown up. It will be a keepsake I know I'll treasure forever. Highly recommend!!
***Side note: there isn't a very large space for writing the responses. I'm using this with two children and it's fine, but any more than three kids and I doubt there would be enough writing space.
on May 22, 2017
This is book is awesome, but I am disappointed in that the seller only allows you to buy one per household. I have four kids! I bought one for my oldest and then decided I would buy more for my other kids and when I came back it would not let me purchase them saying "seller only allows one per household" etc.... Seems like they would want the money! If you change this I will buy more, but I will keep looking elsewhere for it until then. Oh and I tried looking at purchasing from other sellers but they tried to charge me over $11 for S & H!
on December 25, 2015
This is such a fun journal to do with your kids. Rather than use it for one kid over three years, I use it for all three of my kids for a one year span. I came across this last year and started using it around Easter time. It is hard to do it every day, so when we do remember to do it, I end up asking several questions. In the end our journal will span several years and I will just denote the year the question was asked in the year section. I like this as a prompt for interesting conversations with your kiddos rather than as an actual journal. It has helped me understand interesting nuances in all three of my kids. I would suggest you ask your kids separately though so that their answers don't influence each other.
on August 5, 2016
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 9, 2016
Fabulous! I bought a copy for my 12 year old, 10 year old, and 8 year old--and all are loving it. I also got each kid their own set of gel pens to make it more fun. They love writing in it each day and can't wait to look back on it with their own kids. Total success. I thought I'd have to bother them to write in it, but that hasn't been the case.
on September 7, 2016
My husband and I bought this for something fun to do and we love it. The questions are relevant even to adults and we have fun doing it on the weekends. It asks things like, have you made any new friends? If so, who? As an adult you don't take a lot of time to stop and think about these little things.