Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Q&A a Day for Kids: A Three-Year Journal
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Format: Diary|Change

on March 11, 2013
I bought this for myself without knowing it was actually a journal for kids. Well, I'm 31 y.o. and I love it! I love it so much more that the actual 'adult' version. Just compare the questions from the "adult" one: "Do you owe money to someone? Does someone owe to you?" Urgh, thanks, no. Now this one: "What would you like more free time for? If you buried a treasure chest what would be in it?" Yay!
The format is comfortable, it's soft to the touch and the questions are fun and inspiring.
Highly recommended!
66 comments| 304 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Oh, I love the idea of this journal, and I thought my daughter would, too. She's 7 and loves to journal. Unfortunately, she flat-out hated the prompts. They stressed her out. She didn't want to answer the questions and she didn't like being confined to a small space for her answers. She burst into tears when she got to the question about "what makes you special" because she didn't want to brag, but she also didn't want to say "nothing." It was a silly meltdown, but it made me give up on the journal for her, at least for now. She went back to her "regular" journal and was thrilled.

I still love this journal, though! I think the prompts are terrific and that there's enough space. I wish my daughter would have taken to it better because I see it as a wonderful keepsake, with great potential for a lot of laughs when she gets older and reminisces with me.

One star deducted for the cover, which really should be a hardcover if you're expecting someone to use this actively for three years and then save it for many years beyond that. The cover is really just a thick cardboard. Aside from that, I think most non-neurotic children would love it. ;)
88 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2015
This book is so neat! It has become one of my 5 year old's favorite parts of the day. He and I will sit down after dinner and I'll ask him the question of the day and he'll answer it and makes sure I write it down. He calls it our "special question time". It's a great way to take time out of a busy day to bond and talk with your kid. The book itself is lovely. It's not a hardback book, like I originally thought but more of a journal like cover with a curved binding. As for the best age to start using this book, my son could talk in complete sentences by the time he was two but I feel like most of the questions would've been a bit too difficult for him. We started using it a little after he turned 4 and it's perfect. He understands most all of the questions and the ones he had trouble with, I simply had to rephrase them and he would understand them. All in all, this is a wonderful book! I can't wait to look back and see how different his answers are every year. I definitely recommend this to all my mom friends!
review image review image review image review image
on December 18, 2012
My son just turned 2 years old, but he has been talking up a storm since he was 14 months old. I initially purchased the book My Quotable Kid: A Parents' Journal of Unforgetable Quotes and while it is absolutely adorable, once my son had started talking in complete sentences I could not keep up with it! Of course, I think everything he says is funny ;) So, instead of writing down everything he said, I got overwhelmed and wrote nothing at all!!

When I came across this Q&A for kids book, I ordered it immediately. We plan on officially starting it on January 1st, but you can start any time you want as there's a space to write the year. I just figured since it's so close to the end of the year, I might as well start fresh in 2013. In the meantime, I have been flipping through it and asking him some of the questions to get a feel for the book. While some of the questions are too advanced for him, we can change it to suit his level. I like that it prompts you to write one memory of the day, which is way better than none at all!

In terms of quality, the pages are a nice stock, and the cover is beautiful. I'm not sure what the cover material is called; it's not a hard cover, but not soft either! It's flexible and durable. There is plenty of space to write down the memory of the day. I ordered the adult version too (Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal) and the kids version is bigger.
44 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2016
We're just shy of finishing our second year writing, so I've been able to see last year's as I've filled out this year. My daughter is now 7, and I think starting it when I did was great. We read the questions during the bedtime routine. A few gems:

What do you hope for?
6 years old: I hope to be rich
7 years old: I hope to be happy tomorrow, and not a grump

What have you done lately that you're proud of?
6 years old: Went on an expedition all by myself
7 years old: Touched the bottom of the 8 feet deep section of the pool for the 1st time.

If you could buy anything what would you buy?
6 years old: thousands of dolls
7 years old: something that stops cancer or a My Little Pony mansion

What are you especially good at?
6 years old: Jumping. I can jump so high!
7 years old: Being awesome (ORLY?? ha)

Ok, enough, but let me tell you, this is a great springboard for conversations. I don't have to ask "tough" questions and get a shrug, or try to force an awkward discussion about "what did you do in school today" because it all comes out when I ask these questions and show that I'm accepting of every answer she gives. She has even said she didn't want to answer a question, and that was ok with me. It's still an answer, right? A question in this book is what raised the big red flag for me when she told me how bored she was in school, or that someone was stealing her pencils, or that a place called Cat Paradise exists, if only in her and her friends' minds.

Plus, my daughter loves this. It's special to her and she's special to me. I highly recommend it.
review image
on March 30, 2015
I got this for my son and I to do together he is 11 years old. The questions are very simple not anything you really have to think about real hard. there's one question and there's three areas to answer this one question one for every year, so you're able to compare the answerfrom the other two years and compare the answers.now that my son is getting older I feel like I need to try to capture all the moments that I can for bonding before he loses interest in spending time with Mom. so he and I answer the questions he answers a minute I write them down for him at bedtime. this'll be a good positive way for us to record memories together and spend quality time together before he goes to sleep. so I really like this book and it well made and I like the colors that they used it and its a nice looking book.
on January 29, 2014
We bought this journal for our 4 year old for Christmas. We have enjoyed writing in it each evening, and our son looks forward to it. It's a really fun way to record memories and thoughts as they grow. It's a great gift. And will be enjoyed for years to come. Really fun.
on June 9, 2013
We have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and try to do this every night at dinner. My 6 year old LOVES it and my 3 year old's answers are hilarious! Can't wait to read back over them in year 2!
on January 13, 2016
I purchased 2 of these.....one for myself and one for my son's best friend's mom. I finally decided to pull it out and start playing catch up to begin questions for 2016 with my 6 year old and guess what? MY BOOK has the binder on wrong. If you open the cover and flip through the pages they are upside down. It's not horrible and yes I COULD just flip the book over and start writing from the back of the book, but that's not what I paid for. Hoping the seller will correct issue. Right now planning to return for a correctly binded one. Love the book concept, just need to get a correct one. I think the one I gave my son's friend was properly bound as I recall flipping through it when I got it and I just laid mine aside until I was ready to start journaling.
review image review image review image
on September 2, 2015
I use this to ask my three children the question of the day each night (I forget some nights), My eldest boy is a 19 yr old U.S. Marine, my second son is a high school senior and my daughter is 8 years old. My Marine actually looks forward to the questions and asks me when I forget. Their answers are hilarious.