Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 162 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 178 reviews
on September 23, 2016
Forget trail cameras with their triggering problems, slow response times that inevitably exclude the head of the photographed object. If you're using these for hunting better to get this camera. No night pix, but you can't hunt at night anyway. Simple, reliable and the battery life is out of this world. I have used mine in many locations for nearly two months and still haven't had to change batteries.
The disadvantage is that review of the file (which over 10 days time can approach 30GB) can be quite time consuming if you correctly assume as I do that even at a frame every three seconds it is possible for an animal to appear in a single frame if it is close to the camera. Best to review the entire file with the included software at the 3x speed play rate tops. Bring soda and snacks but pay attention!
on January 9, 2016
First let me say I own three Plotwatcher Pros and have used them for almost 2 years now. The many positives of this camera made it tempting to give it a 5 star rating, but I'm giving it 4 for two reasons... the limited resolution of the camera and the lack of nighttime capture (not a complain as I knew this to be true when I bought the camera but wish to make sure other potential buyers understand the limitation). Still, I don't own 3 without reason and see them as an important compliment to my other cameras.

The positives of the camera include straightforward setup, the ability to preview the view of the camera (this is a BIG plus in my book), the ability to fine tune settings such as the seconds between picture shots, midday hour skip, with physical switches versus laborious lcd menu options, and I also have found the battery life to be solid. When the Plotwatcher Pro first came out I found it superior to my other cameras, though this year I'm finding that other camera manufacturers are catching up and in some cases even starting to pass Day 6.

The main limitation is that while the camera software allows a user to zoom in on a target the detail is grainy/pixelated to the point that not much detail can be made out if the subject is distant at all. Capturing wide open expanses in timelapse is what makes this camera a solid tool for patterning GROUPS of game /seeing the GENERAL pattern / time of day game such as deer and turkey are passing through fields, but whereas I'm identifying specific trophy bucks on other cameras that I use for triggered photos it is rare that I can zoom in with enough quality to identify specific trophy bucks with my Plotwatcher files. I can see groups of deer traveling in specific directions and can make out that bucks are bucks as I can see grainy racks, but I can't usually make out point detail / differentiate specific bucks.

It is my hope that the Day 6 folks stay focused on improving their niche product. If they manage to push their camera imaging captures to higher resolution settings it will go a long way to ensuring the survival of their product line.
on December 15, 2015
These are great camera for areas you want to leave the camera up for months, I have never left one for four months as the web site says but they certainly will work for two and a half months without checking on them. They still had battery power and space on the card after two + months. We use them for watching for trespassers and poachers. We also use them to monitor construction sites, They work well to count the number of trucks that visit a site, and help us monitor sales.

I have ten or more of these and two recently quit functioning properly due to in part battery corrosion, and a bad card reader. I had not sent in the warranty cards on most of the cameras, and could not prove the date of purchase. They are warrantied for one year. The company in Georgia took them back and repaired them and replaced the card reader. Part of the repairs I paid a nominal charge of $40.00 and the card reader was replaced at no charge. Since the battery corrosion was really my fault, and I could not prove the purchase date, I thought this was very fair. The cameras were returned in less than a week.
on April 7, 2017
This camera is extremely handy for turkey hunting.I can set it up in a big field and see exactly where the turkeys are entering how long they stay and where they exit. The Picture quality is not great (I hope they come out with a new one soon) but you can tell which turkey is the gobbler at a long distance when he blows up to strut. I would say you can tell easily between a hen and gobbler at about 50ft. I just killed a turkey thanks to this camera so i went ahead and ordered me another.
on March 12, 2016
Bought these to replace older cameras that were starting to fail. Software is very easy to use, my wife now reviews all of the cameras for us while I am at work. Batteries last a long time compared to other manufacturers. With the camera set on taking a picture every five seconds from sunrise to sunset I have batteries that are at 65% and they have been in the field for six weeks. The ability to lock to the tree with a python lock or equivalent helps keep these from walking away. The delay function is great since I travel a lot, I can set the camera to delay the start of the recording so that I am not burning batteries, this will be helpful for me when I start placing them out of state in preparation for next season. The only issue that I have found is that when you place in a 32GB SD card you will have a media failure sometimes, not sure what is causing this because I format the cards each time after I review the footage. No issues with the 16GB cards and since the camera just rewrites over the oldest pictures if it becomes full I may just resort to using the 16GB cards, this will hold about 2 weeks worth of data in the winter time the way that I have the camera set up. Plan on buying more throughout the summer.
on August 18, 2013
I have 3 of these that I run at my hunting property year round, they work very well for mule deer because they often do not walk on a narrow trail. I put them 12' high in cottonwoods where they can film the entire riverbottom, the height also deters vandals. These are very well designed and built, the only shortcoming is they don't work at night. The 32 gb card will fill up in about 3-5 weeks depending on the time of year, to bad they didn't design them for a 64 gb card. Battery life is very good, they average about 3 months unless it's below zero for a couple of weeks.
Overall these are great tools for seeing what's on your property and what time of day they move and where. I've learned a lot about my hunting lease in the last couple years with these cameras, I would never be without them now.
Kb
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2012
We were disappointed with the battery life of the original plot watcher, but loved the concept. When the plot watcher pro came out with a stated 4 month battery life we thought it was definitely worth a try. It takes awesome pics and has fantastic battery life (after 1 week the battery life was still at 86%). We are fully satisfied and excited about this product.
on October 29, 2012
I had used the original Plotwatcher extensively and liked many of its features but it had a lot of shortcomings: low battery live, it used USB, no way to preview, no way to securely attach it, very little customization and what customization you could do had to be done on your PC.
The Plotwatcher Pro measures battery life in weeks instead of days. I usually set it up to take a lot of pictures and I can still get a month or better out of a set of batteries.
Instead of taking certified USB drives, this one takes standard SD cards, up to 32GB, cheaper and easier to use.
It has a preview screen to help you set it up. Like most cheap LCD displays though, bright sunlight really washes it out so it can be difficult to utilize at times.
This one has a place on the back to loop a snake type cable lock through. Much improved but still pretty thin plastic on the loops. I suspect it wouldn't take much to break them loose.
It is pretty configurable in the field now, allowing you to set it to take pictures as often as every 2 seconds.
Like it's predecessor, it's pictures may be called HD but don't expect great resolution. Further than 30 yards and it is difficult to make out antlers. I don't believe the pictures are quite as sharp as the originals.
One additional improvement though is the ability to change out lenses: wide angle and telephoto lenses are available but they are fairly pricey and I haven't had the opportunity to try yet.
Over all, I really like this camera and would recommend it be a part of any hunter's equipment.
on August 10, 2017
works very well, would be nice if it would pick up the movement easier when you do a quick scan
on September 25, 2015
Since placing the Plotwatcher Pro in the area I hunt, I have been surprised by the deer I have been able to see that were missed by other cameras. The pictures are great and I enjoy watching the movement of the deer. I plan on purchasing the other lens' that are available for this camera. I have recommended this to other in my hunting club. I have also read other reviews where this camera receives a bad review because it does not take pictures at night. All I can say to that is, what does it matter, night hunting is illegal!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.