Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Day Trade Part-Time Hardcover – September 15, 2000
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Inside Flap
Day Trade Part-Time places you front and center in this trading revolution. Authors John Cook and Jeanette Szwec-veteran day traders who taught themselves the rules through trial-and-error-have put together today's most straightforward, no-frills look at how anyone can ease their way into day trading safely and sensibly.
Showing you how to walk before you run, this one-of-a-kind guidebook discusses:
* Simulation trading techniques to test and hone your new knowledge before actually placing your money on the table
* Timing the market like a day trader even if you are buying for the long run
* Today's most highly rated books, seminars, and Web sites-to help you establish the necessary knowledge foundation
* Brokerage firms that specialize in Level I and Level II quotes, and how to select the right broker for your needs
* How the new after-dinner trading hours make it increasingly easy and lucrative to become a part-time trader
* Electronic Communication Networks (ECNs)-how they work and which are right for you
* Short-Term Momentum and Consolidation Breakout-the two strategies behind the majority of day trading action
* Detailed charts describe how stocks performed during real-time trading-and why
* Professional money management strategies for building wealth while limiting losses
* SureStart Suggestions-strategically placed recommendations for developing a trading program based on your own skills and styles
Packed with information most traders must spend years acquiring, Day Trade Part-Time will help you become a careful, knowledgeable, and successful electronic day trader.
From the Back Cover
Are you intrigued by stories of inexperienced day traders pocketing a year's salary on one well-placed trade? Day Trade Part-Time will show you how to start day trading at your own pace and-by trading before work, after work, or whenever you have a few minutes-grab a foothold in this exciting, potentially lucrative trading phenomenon.
Today's up-and-down markets have proven to be ideal for scalping quick day trading profits, and Day Trade Part-Time can get you started today. Look to this comprehensive and detailed guide for:
* Information and resources guaranteed to shave months off your learning curve
* Expert guidance on setting up your own day trading account
* Strategies to test your skills before placing your own money on the line
Whatever your current career, it's long past time you discovered the lucrative possibilities of electronic day trading. Let Day Trade Part-Time give you a solid foundation of trading knowledge-and the confidence you need to open an account and carve out your own space in this fascinating, fast-action marketplace.
Look for other in-depth trading guides from the Wiley Online Trading for a Living series, including:
How I Trade for a Living by Gary Smith
Trade Options Online by George A. Fontanills
Trade IPOs Online by Matthew D. Zito and Matt Olejarczyk
Please visit our Web site at www.wileyfinance.com
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 89%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top Customer Reviews
Day trading is not, and should never be, gambling. In times of extreme market volatility, it can be your most conservative investment style. Understanding and using the principles of day trading can be a safe alternative to a "buy and hold" strategy when the markets are in a zig-zag pattern up and down. With the technology stocks going up 10 points one day and down 10 the next, a careful day trader can capture a piece of that variability each day, whereas a "buy and holder" would be net flat and probably developing a considerable ulcer. Everyone interested in stocks should know enough about day trading to understand good intraday entry points, even if they are primarily investors.
This book is meant to act as your guide - helping you take each step in the learning process toward becoming a successful part-time day trader. We show you how to find a broker, what software you need, what books to read, what web sites to look at, what training course you need, and give you guidance on how to put it all together.
Most important, we tell you everything that can go wrong! And we show you how to practise without risking any of your hard earned money. This is not a get-rich quick scheme. It is an approach that will enable you to capture the daily variations in the market.
John and I were not hedge fund managers. We were not stock brokers.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm a newbie to trading and this is the perfect book for me. It's like spending a few hours/days talking to a friend and getting sincere, thorough advice. Read morePublished on August 6, 2004 by G. WU
Methods are outdated and rely more or less on the momentum stock craze of the late 90's.(example: csco was 70 a share when they wrote the book and is used in most or their... Read morePublished on July 8, 2003 by Paul Tritle
Nothing you could not find for free in internet.
I'm glad if the authors are making any profit from this book, because I doubt they are earning much by trading if all they... Read more
This is a good book, if it were one of the first on the subject. The title is the most inventive aspect of the text. If your a west coast person it certainly applies to you. Read morePublished on October 17, 2000 by Eugene H. Steele