Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Day of the Dead
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$8.49

on July 25, 2016
This is exactly the sort of book a North American tourist should read before venturing into Central Mexico to participate in Day of the Dead ceremonies. The author does a good job of explaining the origins and components of the holiday without miring the reader down with too much anthropology. The photographs are high quality and enhance the descriptions. I read the e-book, but I think if I were buying it again I'd go for the print edition.
on October 25, 2014
Highly recommended! Gives some history on the festival, explains the art & culture, how to set up an offering (ofrenda) alter, and even provides some popular recipies. I only wish the history behind the Day of the Dead festival was more extensive but this is a wonderful overview. 5 stars.
on April 22, 2015
Gorgeous photos, a compelling cultural story, but repetitious. Could have been a mini-book and still have provided all the info.
on April 14, 2015
The book is everything I hoped it would be. I give my Cultural Psychology students an assignment to make personally representative shrines every semester and I was delighted to find a book with great pictures and ideas.
on February 9, 2014
I'm a Spanish teacher and I am not from Mexico, so I do not know much about the Day of the Dead. This book has everything anybody could ever want to know about this celebration. It was very helpful into my research and lesson planning.
on November 1, 2016
Awesome
on December 18, 2014
Excellent book a lot of information.l
on January 15, 2015
Beautiful and comprehensive examination of the Culture and art of this fascinating tradition. Photographs are breathtaking.
on February 14, 2015
Informative book...... Quick shipping
on November 3, 2011
Living in Southern Arizona we have become very interested in the Day of The Dead events and history. This book is the most interesting and beautiful books we've ever seen on the topic! I highly recommend it!