Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 29, 2014
I love zombie movies and this one definitely met with my approval. Cillian Murphy wakes up in an empty hospital after suffering an auto accident. I know you’ve seen these types of scenes before in movie where the main character wakes up in a desolate world and you need to find out what happened when they were unconscious. It’s sad and creepy and chilling. The TV show Walking Dead, I am sure borrowed from this movie and that’s ok. They are both still well written and very entertaining. This disease called Rage gets lose after a monkey attacks some scientists and desolates the world population pretty quickly. It takes place in England, but you assume it’s the whole world that’s effected. It revolves around four people who come together to find sanctuary somewhere from the walking, or in this case sprinting dead. These aren’t your Night of the Living dead slow type zombies. They are fast, violent, strong and very destructive. It only takes a drop of blood in your eye to get it. That’s how contagious it is. Of course, as in most zombie movies, you find out the real enemy is us. Unlike the dead, we are self-aware and still capable of horrible things. I know the zombie genre can be limited in what they can do and this one is no exception. It has to borrow from a lot of other stuff too, but I still recommend it.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
28 DAYS LATER . . . is a guh-ROSS frighter set in Britain. In it, a deadly virus escapes from a bio-lab when animal activists free some infected chimpanzees. Within a month, the highly contagious virus spreads to millions in the UK and abroad.

In a mere 20 seconds, the afflicted person contracts an illness that induces violent cannibalism and the spewing of blood by mouth. The carnage, the paranoia, the utter insanity of it all is non-stop. You'll need a strong heart and a cast-iron stomach to make it through this one!

Parenthetical number preceding title is a 1 to 10 IMDb viewer poll rating.

(7.6) (UK-2002) - Brendan Gleeson/Megan Burns/Naonie Harris/Noah Huntley
3 helpful votes
on July 12, 2017
One of my favorite movies in the zombie genre. How scary would it be to wake up and the streets are empty. You walk down the streets but you seem to be all alone. Then you start being chased by people for no reason. A terrifying glimpse into the aftermath of a "zombie" apocalypse!
on May 8, 2013
An experimental laboratory in which animals have been infected with the virus of a disease for which a cure was being sought is invaded by an animal rights group and the animals let loose on the population. The plague almost instantly affects humans who spread it rapidly among themselves until the Island which is the United Kingdom is depopulated of all but a few unaffected individuals and many infected ones. It would appear that the larger world has also been affected but that is not directly of consequence for the plot. As we have seen in frequent theatrical and television productions recently, a few survivors come together and seek to find some other group(s) like themselves with whom, somehow, they can ride out the storm, so to speak, until they can recreate some form of group life again.
Nothing in this is new on the media scene today. What struck me sufficiently to single this movie out is simply the high quality with which every aspect of the process was performed. It's a case of doing roughly the same job only doing it better.
If your taste runs to this subgenre, you will not want to miss this film. If you want to see what model is being used by such films, this is a good one to try, since there is less visible violence and bloodletting than is to be found in the average of the type. I am not an aficionado, but found this rather simple version quite interesting to watch.
0Comment|Report abuse

Parenthetical number preceding title is a 1 to 10 imdb viewer poll rating.

(7.6) (UK-2002) - Brendan Gleeson/Megan Burns/Naonie Harris/Noah Huntley
on July 23, 2013
I enjoyed the first half of the movie. Cool urban setting, good character development for a zombie movie, interesting survival tactics and bonding of survivors, and just the right amount of Zombie mayhem to keep tension without turning into a grindhouse. I was looking forward to the second half.

Then it came. The second half. Um.

I think it would have been fine if the movie had started this way and you knew what to expect, but the story transition from first half to second is so abrupt and so different, it just makes for non-fun movie watching. And then the ending, which again shifts away from what just preceded it, is enough to make you scratch your zombie-loving head.

I think those that know Romero's work, will see it shine through in this film, homage, copy, you decide.

For those that dabble a bit in zombie movies like myself, the first half was good, the second half--eh, which means overall the movie boils down to just okay.

I am not going to say don't see it, because there are definitely parts that are great, but it is not something that will make you run out and buy the T-shirt.
on January 2, 2014
Of the many "zombie" films that have come out in the past 10-15 years, this film stands out. Cillian Murphy is spectacular, as are the writing and directing. While thrilling and frightening, it can be slow at parts (which adds to the tension, but some may be looking for more action throughout). I give 4 stars instead of 5 because (semi-spoiler) I felt the ending was weaker than the rest of the film. For parents or those concerned with content, there is a fairly lengthy scene in a hospital with the main character is fully nude, including genitalia. It is non-sexual, but definitely graphic. The violence, too, is quite graphic, but not over the top (like "Saw" or "Hostel"). There is a great deal of language, as well. Discretion is advised (hence, the R rating). However, if you are looking for a scary movie (or just an overall quality movie), this is very well made. Enjoy.
on January 18, 2015
Hadn't seen the movie for a while and was reminded how much better this movie was than World War Z (referring to the better, unrated version). You don't need a massive budget to create a great thriller if you have great writing and great acting.

As others have mentioned the DVD quality looks poor but it's exactly how it was shot. High contrast, high grain and dark at times, but it does all add to the suspense. There would be no benefit to getting this on blu-ray.
3 helpful votes
on January 2, 2014
I love this movie! I always have. It's one of my favorites. I'm so glad to have found it. For the movie alone I would give 5 stars. I believe I'm not just rating the movie, though. I'm also rating the service. honestly, it was great. I ordered when the Christmas holiday might have been an issue, but.. it wasn't. My movie was sent out right away, love that. I would give the service 5 stars save one thing... that jacket. It was badly broken. I'll have to find another jacket to put it in. I'm so happy to have the movie, I try to just focus on that fact; but, anytime I open it, it's hard not to irritated. There almost is no point of having a jacket, if the jacket is in this shape. Again, save fot that one fact, I would give 5 stars. Other than this one point, everything was beyond perfect; movie, speed, price... perfect, lol =)
on December 30, 2015
My first copy of this film was a standard DVD. The quality of the image was very disappointing, but I liked the film a lot and decided to replace it with a Blu-ray version. Well.......there is NO IMPROVEMENT in picture quality as all they did was issue the same copy in Blu-ray. Greedy distributors.