Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Ticket To Ride

on January 17, 2016
So here's the deal this game is super fun just like everybody says so don't think my less than 5 star review indicates anything but that. We play it as a family and both the parents and the kids get really into it. High play and replay-ability, quick to learn but a LIFETIME TO MASTER and all that stuff like you'd expect based on everyone raving about it.

Observations / suggestions / etc:
- Requires a fairly big surface area given lots of cards and lots of pieces are part of this game
- Gameplay is super fast, you can get around the horn very quickly (4 players can play in 30 seconds total if they all just draw cards), so don't think you're going to be getting up to get a drink after your turn or anything. Or checking phones seriously just put them away. Good to agree on a set "break time" or something
- Total game time is also pretty fast but not silly fast. An hour or 90 minutes or so.
- If you play with people who are sneaky you should think about wearing sunglasses so they can't see where you are looking on the board because it might give away your strategy if they could tell where you are focusing
- If you're playing against people who don't wear sunglasses try and watch their eyes so you can see where they are looking, it may give away their strategy and you can swoop in and take their routes and win the game that'll teach them
- The spot labeled Duluth is clearly in Minneapolis/St Paul and *everyone* who you play with from Minnesota will point it out
- I recommend some sort of "card holder" thing if you play with younger kids and/or people with smaller hands. We have some wooden boards with slots cut in them to hold cards and they help a ton in this game (and others). I put a picture of that up.

My only real critique of this game - and the reason it's 4 not 5 stars - is the board doesn't sit especially flat. You can see in the pictures I attached. At times you have what seems like a million little trains on the board and just having the board not sit flat makes it seem a bit cheap. This is all about MANUFACTURING quality however, not about GAMEPLAY quality.
review imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 345 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon January 24, 2016
I purchased this board game for my daughter for Christmas and the entire family jumped in and played. While not as simple to learn as the directions/reviews state, we did learn pretty quickly how to play and strategize. We struggled to figure out the reasoning behind the destination tickets, but things got clearer when we got help by checking out the many reviews/instructions available on YouTube and elsewhere online.

The game goes pretty quickly. It took us about an hour to complete, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the game. The board is quite attractive to the eye and included pieces are well made. There are several other versions of the Ticket to Ride series, and I recommend that you start with this one because of its simplicity.

This is an excellent family night board game. Put away the electronics, turn off the TV and gather the family together with this fun game.
on December 22, 2016
My husband and I were introduced to this game by friends and then he HAD to have it. We took it on vacation with my family and I think there were at least 3 games a day among various groups of people. Needless to say, it has become a go-to game when we are together with friends or family. You can play with just 2 people but I find that it is much more enjoyable and interesting with at least 4. We aren't into gaming at all but really enjoy the strategy that goes into this game and that you can complete the game in a reasonable time frame.

The board is a big map with destination cities. Each player has destination cards and the goal is to get from one destination to another by linking train pieces across the map. You connect city to city by collecting and playing cards of different colors. Earn points by connecting cities - the longer the distance, the more points. Once a destination route is complete, you also earn points for that card. A shorter distance (New York to Chicago) is worth less than longer distances (New York to LA). Of course there are different rules for collecting and using cards, how to score points, etc. that you can read into deeper once you purchase.
on October 14, 2015
I bought this game to introduce my parents and younger nephews to Board games and to summarize the experience, it was a huge success!
Ticket to ride is a light strategy game where the aim is to connect routes with the chain of trains you have and get points. The person with the highest number of points wins! It is a nice game for kids and elders alike. As this is a beginner strategy game, I would not recommend this game for seasoned strategists, but rather for folks who are just getting into strategy games

Build: 9 on 10
The build of the game was really good. The quality of trains was sturdy and the look and feel of the board was professional. I did not need a sleeve for the cards as they did not bend and were nice and flat. They also have a nice touch and feel. While one of my trains was damaged, they had provided plenty of spare trains which made it worthwhile.

Packaging: 10 on10
The package was received on time. The product itself comes in nice professional box and has dedicated locations to store each item from the game. It was quite easy to unwrap the product and start using it.

Overall: 9 on 10
Overall, having played many many strategy games, this still ends up as one of my favorite ‘light’ strategy games.

I often depend on others leaving honest reviews when I need to order a new item. I find that one of the most difficult things about ordering online is that I can’t hold or touch the products before buying them. So, I love reviews from others who have touched, inspected, and used the item I’m thinking about purchasing. I strive for the same in leaving reviews for others – to leave a review that will help others make an informed decision (never to inflate the product's quality). If you have found this review helpful, I’d love if you’d indicate that below.
on December 29, 2017
Love this game. We were glad to finally add it to our collection. However, by the second time of playing, the board broke. I have older kids who know how to care for games and the second time it was me putting it away gently. On our gameschool site, there were five of us that have said the same thing about a recent purchase of this game from Amazon. I have a request for replacement to the company, we’ll see how it goes.
on December 5, 2017
Ticket to Ride is a fantastic strategy game for all ages. A very nice component are that the rules are different for 2 players as opposed to 4, so my parents can play together when my sister and I are away and still have a competitive game. The premise involves planning the optimal routes between multiple locations, and strategically laying your train to connect as many routes as possible before other players occupy spaces on the track that you need, causing you to have to "re-route." This game can be challenging for all ages depending on other player's skill levels.
on December 25, 2014
What is not to love about this game?
The rules are fairly simple and easy to follow. The set up is very easy and quick. The game play needs you to think and put some thought into your strategy.

It is quick and easy to learn and younger children can probably pick up the point of the game quickly. We played with an 11 year old but a smart kid who is 9 or 10 could easily play with no problems I believe.

Do you use your pieces to block other players? Do you start to lay down track just anywhere because it might help you in the future? Do you take extra route pieces because then you can pick and choose your routes? How do you use your turn because you can only do one thing- draw cards, play cards to make a route, a pick new route cards?

My youngest, age nine, who is a get up and go full of energy kid, enjoyed playing this game with the family. It is not a short game (It took us about an hour to play our first game but the time in play has decreased to about 30 minutes or 45 minutes now).

Lots of fun.
Well worth the money.
Enjoy.
on December 7, 2017
Having played this game multiple times with all ages 8-65 years old, we have made a few modifications. At the beginning of the game, we deal out six train cards instead of four. We also can draw cards and play trains in a single turn. I agree with other reviews that 2-4 is the ideal number. It is a favorite game now in our family. Last January on a no school day, we had three games going and then a championship game and a consolation game. The kids, aged 8-12, only played one game but enjoyed playing and were competitive players. The championship game was game on and very competitive!
on September 12, 2017
My husband and I are big TTR fans. We started out with the Europe version, bought several other versions and we just not got the US version. This game has a lot of replay value. We enjoy playing this several times a week. It's always something different because there are so many variations with the routes that you can draw! It keeps things fun and entertaining. I will say that I was surprised by the small size of the playing cards. In the Europe version, the cards are the size of playing cards, but these cards are much smaller. Nothing bad, just a funny little difference.
on October 1, 2017
We love this game, It is just as fun to play with two people as it is with a whole group of people. We like to mix it up and try to make our own rules like instead of one bag of trains each player gets 2 bags of trains. Or we would only score on just tickets and not the actual way. Over all we really enjoy this game. It would be nice for kids who are learning where all the major cities are, all the way up to adults. The game is the perfect amount of time. It is not as long as Monopoly, but not as quick like a simple card game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.