Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Ticket To Ride

on January 17, 2016
So here's the deal this game is super fun just like everybody says so don't think my less than 5 star review indicates anything but that. We play it as a family and both the parents and the kids get really into it. High play and replay-ability, quick to learn but a LIFETIME TO MASTER and all that stuff like you'd expect based on everyone raving about it.

Observations / suggestions / etc:
- Requires a fairly big surface area given lots of cards and lots of pieces are part of this game
- Gameplay is super fast, you can get around the horn very quickly (4 players can play in 30 seconds total if they all just draw cards), so don't think you're going to be getting up to get a drink after your turn or anything. Or checking phones seriously just put them away. Good to agree on a set "break time" or something
- Total game time is also pretty fast but not silly fast. An hour or 90 minutes or so.
- If you play with people who are sneaky you should think about wearing sunglasses so they can't see where you are looking on the board because it might give away your strategy if they could tell where you are focusing
- If you're playing against people who don't wear sunglasses try and watch their eyes so you can see where they are looking, it may give away their strategy and you can swoop in and take their routes and win the game that'll teach them
- The spot labeled Duluth is clearly in Minneapolis/St Paul and *everyone* who you play with from Minnesota will point it out
- I recommend some sort of "card holder" thing if you play with younger kids and/or people with smaller hands. We have some wooden boards with slots cut in them to hold cards and they help a ton in this game (and others). I put a picture of that up.

My only real critique of this game - and the reason it's 4 not 5 stars - is the board doesn't sit especially flat. You can see in the pictures I attached. At times you have what seems like a million little trains on the board and just having the board not sit flat makes it seem a bit cheap. This is all about MANUFACTURING quality however, not about GAMEPLAY quality.
review imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 339 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 13, 2018
A fun game that even gets my nieces and nephews away from their phones! The cards in this version are on the small side, so if you have trouble holding "normal" size playing cards, this will be a plus for you. Two can play a good game, up to five players. Takes about 40 minutes for two players and just over an hour for five players.
on January 16, 2018
Moved to the "play often" shelf of our game closet. It's everything you've heard. It's really fun. Requires planning and strategy. My son learning names and locations of cities he's not familiar with in the US. Can't wait to get the European version. A definite buy, and keep.
on February 3, 2016
Classic version of Ticket to Ride. Wonderfully fun game. Works well as a two player game - with some minor modifications - but also a great game with a group. My only complaint is the little tiny cards. They are hard to shuffle! But, we ordered the 1910 expansion as well, and that comes with full size cards. Other people have reviewed in depth, so no point in going into detail, but we love this game!
on January 30, 2017
A fellow Scout parent recommended this at STEM Camp and we got it for Christmas. We have all had a blast playing many family game nights... this and monopoly are our two go-to games. This is different every time and lets players pick different strategies to win. Always fun!
on December 1, 2016
One of my favorite games. It is less stressful than Catan, and won't make your friends super competitive to an uncomfortable degree. Would recommend
on January 9, 2018
This is one of our favorite "new to us" boardgames. It is easy enough for kids but competitive enough for adults. You can play cut-throat and block your opponent, or play leisurely and connect your cities. With so many expansions and maps, this will stay in our rotation for a long time.
on August 22, 2017
I'm semi-new to the tabletop gaming world. This was the first game I purchased that wasn't a "classic board game." I love it. My family loves it, and you can simplify the rules to play with younger children as well. I recommend it for families!
on October 25, 2017
This game is so fun! I love playing it and so does my 8 year old! You can play with 2 players but it is more challenging the more players you have! If you like strategy games, you'll love Ticket to Ride. We are planning to buy other locations (for multiple games at once!) so the extended family can all play at once over the holidays.

It's also a neat way to help your kids with United States geography!

The box is sturdy so it can withstand years of playing. The entire game is well made.
on May 30, 2014
Ticket to Ride is amazing. It is simple enough that my 6 year old daughter can play, but has complex layers that make it fun for me. It is a game for the whole family that we can play again and again. Choose your tickets (destinations) and build your train route between the locations, but watch out, others can block your path making you take a longer route. This game has tons of replay value and is a great game for the whole family!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.