Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Ticket To Ride

on January 17, 2016
So here's the deal this game is super fun just like everybody says so don't think my less than 5 star review indicates anything but that. We play it as a family and both the parents and the kids get really into it. High play and replay-ability, quick to learn but a LIFETIME TO MASTER and all that stuff like you'd expect based on everyone raving about it.

Observations / suggestions / etc:
- Requires a fairly big surface area given lots of cards and lots of pieces are part of this game
- Gameplay is super fast, you can get around the horn very quickly (4 players can play in 30 seconds total if they all just draw cards), so don't think you're going to be getting up to get a drink after your turn or anything. Or checking phones seriously just put them away. Good to agree on a set "break time" or something
- Total game time is also pretty fast but not silly fast. An hour or 90 minutes or so.
- If you play with people who are sneaky you should think about wearing sunglasses so they can't see where you are looking on the board because it might give away your strategy if they could tell where you are focusing
- If you're playing against people who don't wear sunglasses try and watch their eyes so you can see where they are looking, it may give away their strategy and you can swoop in and take their routes and win the game that'll teach them
- The spot labeled Duluth is clearly in Minneapolis/St Paul and *everyone* who you play with from Minnesota will point it out
- I recommend some sort of "card holder" thing if you play with younger kids and/or people with smaller hands. We have some wooden boards with slots cut in them to hold cards and they help a ton in this game (and others). I put a picture of that up.

My only real critique of this game - and the reason it's 4 not 5 stars - is the board doesn't sit especially flat. You can see in the pictures I attached. At times you have what seems like a million little trains on the board and just having the board not sit flat makes it seem a bit cheap. This is all about MANUFACTURING quality however, not about GAMEPLAY quality.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 23, 2017
Took a looter while to learn, but was easy with a couple of experienced players. A fun, build your own railroads across the continent game, with some obstacles and strategy too. Note some variations in the rules for 2or3 players, but still fun. Score keeping was a bit tedious, but it was usually easy to determine who won without having to count up all the points. A good family game.
on October 4, 2016
Great fun! We love this game. Great for family time. I really enjoy this game, so does the whole family.
on January 4, 2017
This is a fun game! There a different variations to this game including the Europe version.We bought this U.S one as a gift for my dad. Everyone who plays loves it! I would totally recommend to anyone looking for a new game or an idea for a gift. Just a note though, this game does take a long time to play. Expect an hour or two.
on January 13, 2015
I've played this one plenty of times in the past but decided to get a new copy for myself and my wife (I left my old copy with my ex wife) because I thought it would be great for playing with her family. Truly this is a great family game with fast play and easy rules, people of all ages can enjoy the game. That said the rules still have a few errors in them and as always the game is a little predictable without the expansion (you get to know the destinations very rapidly). Despite these limitations, this is a good game for families and friends.
on August 13, 2013
Something about this game really draws me in! I could play this game every night and never lose interest. Every game is different. Every game takes skill and strategy and not just luck. Part of what I like about this game is the quality of the design. The instructions, the inserts, on down to the box it comes in are beautiful. When I'm playing the game it makes me feel like I'm actually building real-life train tracks ... this is probably aided by the introduction to the game where it tells about rich old friends meeting once each year and betting on who could get to a certain destination cheapest and fastest ... or something like that. I would recommend this game to anyone. It's challenging, pretty, and fun.
on January 17, 2017
My wife and I love this game. The fact that we can play it with just the two of us, or with company is a big plus. Have never been bored playing and once we start it usually consumes the rest of our night.
Great game! We purchased this as a gift for a family member and enjoyed playing it all together. It requires strategy but isn't difficult so young people can enjoy it too. Play time goes by much faster than Settler's of Catan which is nice especially when you're playing with inexperienced or young players. It's one of our top favorite games.
on December 29, 2013
There are several strategy games on the market that are fun to play, but the question is always about the time commitment. Ticket to Ride can be completed I well under two hours if you keep the game moving. It is easy to teach new players and there are always several moments of celebration or frustration during the game adding to its competitiveness.

Another thing we like about this game is that until the very end when points are actually counted up, there is some doubt as to who is actually winning. I suppose Type A players will spend time counting others scores, but usually players have to count on their own strategies. This is a good family game and it is a good game to play among friends. There are lots of little pieces to keep track of, but the box is organized in a way to do that. We have played this in several settings and no one has complained about not liking it.
on January 9, 2017
We were introduced to this game by our 13 year old who had played it with her fiends. This game is definitely worth the hype! So much fun for everyone! Nice to find a game that is fun and challenging but not too complicated. Great family game, but I wouldn't recommend it for young kids. I absolutely LOVE this game and so does everyone I have played with!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.