Truck Season Automotive Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 23, 2017
Firstly, the game itself is a 5 star game. I purchased this game used from the Amazon warehouse deal and the box isn't even original. It's faded and thinner cardboard than the version in stores. I was also missing 10 train stations (2 in each color) and a black train. There were also about 10 extra blue trains. After a little research, it seems this is a counterfeit copy. It had the inspected sticker on the box as well. If it was inspected, it was NOT a job well done. From searching the internet and from other recent Amazon reviews, this seems to be a common problem with this particular game. Very disappointed in Amazon's quality control. I won't be returning it due to inconvenience, and I'll just use something else to replace the missing train stations, but Amazon should be clear that there are going to be missing components and/or if it is counterfeit, take it out of circulation.
27 people found this helpful
on July 9, 2017
TWO defective game boards with missing pieces! The first game we received had 5 stations instead of the 15 that were supposed to be included and the game board had creases on it. We processed an exchange which arrived promptly. However, this board was in EVEN WORSE SHAPE! Crinkles everywhere and it was delaminated in spots and, once again, was MISSING TRAIN STATIONS! Once, ok, but twice? I feel like these are games that quality control should have rejected but these are definitely not right. Returning the replacement game as well and buying it locally for $5 less. I am including photos showing the instructions that state 15 train stations (3 of each color... we only got one of each color in both boxes.) -and other photos showing the crinkling and parts we received as well as photos of the game bought locally. The quality is very different and I would love an explanation as to why this occurred not once but twice! (I could have added even more photos but you get the idea.) Also, notice the color differences and how each box insert is different from the one sold locally. Strange.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
36 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on August 30, 2017
Bought this as a birthday present for my daughter - unfortunately, she opened it after the window to return. It was missing train station pieces (only had one of each color, should have had 3 of each color). I contacted to manufacturer and was told that they would not replace the missing pieces because the game was likely a counterfeit. Very annoyed and now we can't play the game.
7 people found this helpful
on September 2, 2017
Edit - received a replacement; board better but still poor quality compared to original Ticket to Ride game. Main fold point of board is splitting. Received the 15 train station pieces in the replacement game. Game play gets a 5 stars, quality of components received get 2 stars. I just can't get the energy to return this again so I will deal with the flaws. At least it is playable this time.

Original - Poor quality board was wrinkled and warped, making the game essentially unplayable. Cards and trains were well made. Set was missing 10 of the 15 train station pieces needed to play. I've played the game before at a friend's house so I know it is fun; just this copy was unplayable.
3 people found this helpful
on August 19, 2017
I bought this item know that the box was slightly damaged which was fine with me because it was much cheaper, but nothing in the product description said anything about missing pieces. There were two missing train stations of each color. This makes a big difference in the game play by not having them. I had to use made up pieces to account for the missing train stations. The addition of train station feature was one of the main reasons I bought this game over the base version. I'm disappointed that these missing train stations were not included in the game description. I don't know if there is a way to get more of these or if I can be refunded because I was given a product without all the pieces or knowledge about them being missing. If I knew they were missing. I wouldn't have purchased this game.
5 people found this helpful
on August 3, 2017
As many people are noting with recent purchases (July 2017) there is a major issue happening with boards being misprinted and missing pieces (train stations). I contacted the game manufacture to obtain missing pieces, but they refused stating my game was likely a counterfeit. Not sure what else to do? Feeling very frustrated!
6 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2017
I hear this is a great game, but this vendor is up to no good! I purchased this product in August 2017. It arrived damaged and without the clear plastic wrap that indicates it's unopened. When I opened the box, all of the cards were mixed up -- a complete mess inside the box. On top of that, only 5/15 train stations were included. I'm not sure what else was missing, as I decided to return it right away after these discoveries and headed straight to Target to buy a more reliable version. I strongly suggest avoiding this vendor, as it sounds like many people are having this problem.
5 people found this helpful
on July 22, 2017
The game I purchased was missing several pieces, the game board was printed crooked, and the online web registration code registered as invalid. When I received a replacement, it had the exact same issues (including the invalid registration code).

I have bought this game in the past from another provider without having these issues. It is a great game. But this one does not seem legit.
6 people found this helpful
on August 31, 2017
If you scroll through recent reviews, you'll notice many reviews of customers receiving "counterfeit" copies of the game after buying from this vendor. This results in low quality board (wrinkled, warped), missing train stations (only 5/15 included), or missing trains. I received mine brand new with shrink wraps, but found that there were missing pieces and a board with some minor defects.

Photo 1: slight wrinkles on board. Not a huge problem for me, but can understand others might have it worse
Photo 2: only 5/15 train station pieces are included.

---
UPDATE:
Received a replacement which had a better quality board. Still had the same problem of having only 5 of the 15 train stations. Also only had 42/45 blue trains included, while other trains had extra trains. It seems the trains are inconsistent in each box. Everything is playable, but if you buy from this vendor, just be prepared to make your own makeshift pieces if you'd like to play the full game.
review imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on October 12, 2016
This is a really great board game that appeals both to lifelong gamers as well as to new initiates into playing board games. This makes for a nice party game if you have a couple of friends over but can also be played with two people and is fun regardless of the number of players you have. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this with my significant other, who surprisingly really liked it. He is usually not a fan of board games especially if they have a complicated or confusing rule structure, but regardless of all of the rules of this game, he had a ton of fun and has gotten really into playing it. It is really easy to learn and after playing through one game, you will understand all of the rules. The ease of picking up this game makes it a really great family game as well since it is engaging enough to be interesting for kids or adults, although I would recommend this more for older kids who will understand the rule structure and who aren't young enough to try to put the pieces in their mouth since there is a choking hazard with the small train parts. This version of Ticket to Ride is largely similar to the original, but has a lot of new game mechanics that add an element of difficulty, but in a really fun way. One thing I like about this version of Ticket to Ride is that it is a standalone game rather than just an expansion which definitely justifies the purchase price. You don't need the original game to play this one. If you are vacillating between getting the original game or this version, I recommend this one since it adds new mechanics, but both games are really fun so if you want a truly comprehensive board game collection, either or both would be a purchase you won't regret.
9 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.