Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

Small World

on August 18, 2017
My son loves these types of games. The instructions are complex so we watched YouTube vids to help us figure them out. The game play has a different number of rounds depending on the number of players and it seems like it will take forever but each round goes pretty quick and we can fit in a game on week nights. The pieces are all a sturdy cardboard and there are a lot of pieces.
on May 25, 2017
It comes with 4 game boards specific to the number of people playing. It has high quality game pieces for the huge number of races and classes. The box has great storage compartments (you won't have to go buy a tackle box to get organized.)

The game takes around 2 hours for 4 players, so get comfortable and dig in!
on December 24, 2017
Smallworld has become one of my favorite games and I have introduced a number of family members to it that ordinarily don't play board games of this kind. Now it is a regular source of entertainment when we get together. I like it because there is enough to it to satisfy harder core gamers, but is also lightweight enough for a broader audience so other members of the family will want to play. We also have kids between six and nine years old that play with us, with different degrees of adult help. It is a great way to bring everyone together at the table.
on January 11, 2018
This is great game! It has easy enough rules anyone can get right to it and enjoy the game. But there is also enough to the game that you have lots of fun beyond just the rolling and moving type games. A game we can enjoy and play with our seven year old.
on May 30, 2015
Small World is one of the board games with great replay value. I have already played 20+ times with friends and family and every game was fun and exciting. You get to pair a Race with a Power randomly, which allows you to experience different race with different power almost every time. A pair of a Race and a Power could give you a extreme advantage while the same race with a different Power would make the Race unwanted. You can create different strategies for different situations and this is why I go back to play Small World again and again.

There are many pieces but has a small separate rack to hold up nicely. The arts on the race, power, and tokens are all very good. Please do not lose any piece, there is no extra to the loss.

There are expansions available for this game but I haven't tried yet, being afraid the expansions are too powerful to break the balance between the races.

There is a lot to read and understand in order to play, but better to learn as you play and read whenever a question arise.

Very good game to own to play.
on July 27, 2016
I bought this game randomly because the description sounded interesting, and now I can't get enough of it! The game is very fun and the strategy involved is very deep. There is tons of replayability due to the various perks throughout the game. The instructions are overwhelming at first but once you start playing it will make sense.
on August 29, 2015
I've only gotten it out two or three times. Maybe I would like it more if I played it more, but I just haven't felt the desire to play it. I'm not exactly sure what my problem is with the game. Maybe it just seems to simplistic to me. Some turns it seems like there really isn't much thought that needs to go into your moves. The game plays like a fast game (simple), but seems to take forever. Opponents turns feel boring. You just sit there and watch them take you over. You can try to plan what little there is to plan while it is not your turn, but everyone is grabbing from the same areas so it is very possible your move will no longer be available.
i don't know. Maybe it was just the people i was playing with, but this is my least favorite conquering game. However, the people I played with seemed to have fun, which is why I didn't give it two stars.
on December 23, 2013
In this game, you start by choosing a race. Each race has certain abilities and a certain number of "army" tiles. You conquer territories by placing a pre-determined number of army tiles, and each territory is worth 1 victory point at the end of your turn. After a certain number of turns, the person with the most victory points wins.

The thing I love about this game is that it is relatively simple and almost completely strategy-based. There is very little luck involved and that comes only once per turn when "challenging" a territory. And even then, challenging can generally be avoided if you're not a risk-taker.

The key to this game is thinking one turn ahead. Should you continue conquering with your current race, or go "into decline" and start again next turn with a new race? And choosing races is exciting in itself, as each race has a new ability each game, and that ability will either be fantastic or terrible based on how the board currently looks. A race that would be useless on turn 3 might be the game-changer on turn 5.
on May 29, 2014
Let me be clear, Small World is a fantastic board game that everyone with even the slightest enjoyment of strategy/risk type games should own. The key to Smallworld's success lies in its great design that ensures that no game plays the same. Unlike risk or Settlers, where there are only a handful of strategies and most games play out the same, Smallworld allows for a unique experience every game. Every match, players choose from a number of different races (skeletons/amazon/dwarves/etc) that each feature a special power and a unique modifier that is randomly drawn (such as the ability to fly or gain an extra point for taking over a particular type of territory). The result is a thrilling game that evolves as the match goes on and changes every match. Oh, and unlike a number of other board games I have purchased, the game is made of high quality material and the art is beautiful.
on November 21, 2017
We tried to like this game. It's a good overall design with nice artwork, but we found that the gameplay just took too long and became monotonous leaving us bored about halfway through.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.