BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Small World

on September 25, 2017
What a fun game!! This is one game that has a lot of playablity. It may look daunting at first with all the pieces that are used for this game but it all works well. I just wished that the insert would fit and hold all the expansions/races. Hoping that one day Broken Token comes out with a sorter for holding all the pieces for the main game as well as the expansions.

This is a fun game whether your playing with 2 or more people. You pick a race and then conquer the world but watch out you don't want to spread your self too thin otherwise you will have to put that race in decline and start over with another one. The main goal is to have the most victory coins at the end of the game.

It is a lot of fun. I would suggest getting the Small World: Pocket Encyclopedia as it has all the races and special abilities which is nice in a book for instead of the card board hand outs which may or may not include all of them.
on January 6, 2016
The is the second game made by Days of Wonder that we've purchased. The first being Ticket To Ride. This board game is nothing short of awesome. The creators thought of everything.

The game mechanics are much like Risk, however the game play is way more fun and the action moves a lot faster.

The game comes with 2 double-sided game boards, which offer flexibility as to how many players are playing. The smallest map for 2 players and the biggest map for 5 players.

The game pieces are as beautiful as the packaging. The instructions are written extremely well. Every scenario/question that can be thought of is covered.

So the last thing you need to ask yourself is, why are you still reading? Add this to your cart. You won't be disappointed!
on August 18, 2017
My son loves these types of games. The instructions are complex so we watched YouTube vids to help us figure them out. The game play has a different number of rounds depending on the number of players and it seems like it will take forever but each round goes pretty quick and we can fit in a game on week nights. The pieces are all a sturdy cardboard and there are a lot of pieces.
on May 25, 2017
It comes with 4 game boards specific to the number of people playing. It has high quality game pieces for the huge number of races and classes. The box has great storage compartments (you won't have to go buy a tackle box to get organized.)

The game takes around 2 hours for 4 players, so get comfortable and dig in!
on October 27, 2013
I play this all the time with my roommates and friends. It's easy to pick up because the rules are pretty simple, but the more you play it, the more you get used to the races and special powers used in the game. The best part is the game is different every single time, because you shuffle the deck. It's also a very different game depending on the number of players, and not just because you get 4 game boards out of it. A 2-player game is way more aggressive, while with 3 or more players you can spread out more. I personally play with a few "house rule" variations to make things more competitive, but it's easy enough to learn the base rules.

The only potential drawback is that pre-expansion, the base game doesn't quite have enough races for 4 or 5-player games. You'll rotate through some of the same races before the game ends. Fortunately the expansions with the extra races are pretty cheap and add a lot to the game.
on June 24, 2012
I can sum this game up very easily. The game mechanics are VERY similar to RISK but without having to roll dice. I read the rules, and played an 8 turn game with 3 people and it took just over an hour and a half. The game is somewhat randomized and the armies/tribes you play have special abilities that change almost every time you see them. It's a very interesting twist, and once you get the rules down, it's an easy game to play and you can talk with your friends about your day or something totally unrelated and still go for it.

All in all, it's a fun, easy and very replayable. I would easily recommend this to friends. Be aware, this is not for everyone (like The Train Game could be). Make sure you like the game Risk because at it's most basic form, that's what it really is. However, I have played Risk and although I don't like the game I do like the strategy. This game totally fills that desire in me.
Enthusiast: Board Gameson December 10, 2016
Area control light. This is a great game to introduce to newer or younger gamers. The base game is enough for quite a few plays before you will need to add some expansions to spice things up. The gameplay is smooth and easy to learn. The components are solid. The clean up afterward is normally a pain. Overall this is a solid game
on August 20, 2017
You are trying to use fantasy races to take over the world and earn coins when you expand so far the you put the race in decline and start again. Each race has a skill that help protect, or conquer and then abilities to aide as well. All in all fun game and for me better then risk.
on April 7, 2016
When first opening the box to this game it was a bit intimidating because of all the pieces you have to pop out to make it possible to play. There is a big rule book that I would recommend reading it a couple times and then have it as reference as your setting up and playing because the rules get easier to understand as you see them in action. I wouldn't recommend this game for board game beginners because there is a lot involved in the game and since the game changes pretty quickly some times depending on your race and abilities. If your into broad games then this game needs to be added to the collection. this game can be played with 2 people or up to 7 at a time i believe. I have only played this game with my husband so we have only had two player. We hope to play with more people at some point I just don't know when I will add to this review as we play at different numbers of players
on March 24, 2016
I played this game for the first time a few days ago and I really enjoyed it. It's difficult to explain it because it's so unique. I'd say the game it closest resembles is Risk in that it is a territory domination game, but that's a stretch. What made this so fun for me is that the game is played over a certain number of turns, and its not a game where players are picked off one by one. Everyone gets to keep playing until the end. It has tremendous replay ability because the race/trait combinations are going to be different with every game. Another really cool thing about this game is that there are different world maps depending on the number of players. While the setup, and learning the rules took a while for the 4 of us, by turn 3 we were all comfortable with the gameplay. I would recommend for ages 10+ because the rules are a little complicated and there is a lot of reading.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.