|National Stock Number||7030-01-541-4627|
Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder HD | Video Capture Device + Video Editing Software [PC Disc]
|List Price:||$69.99 Details|
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$20.19 (29%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- What's in the box: Video editing software DVD, getting started guide, and DVD, USB video capture device; Plug in your camera, VHS etc.; To this capture device and connect to your computer
- Preserve and protect your treasured home video memories by transferring them to DVD and other digital formats
- Capture video from VHS, Hi8, and V8 cameras and other sources, including Xbox, PlayStation, and even DVD players
- Create polished movies with the included software featuring integrated tools, titles, and transitions
- Upload directly to the web or mobile devices with its advanced output options
- SOFTWARE UPDATE JULY 2021. In product, navigate to Help > Check for Updates.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
What's in the box
From the manufacturer
Capture, Enhance, and Enjoy your Videos
Give your video new life with Dazzle DVD Recorder HD! Capture clips with the high-quality video capture device. Then turn them into amazing movies with Pinnacle Studio HD for Dazzle video-editing software. Quickly import video and photos from VHS, Hi8 and V8 cameras, and other analog sources, including game systems and even DVD players. Easily edit scenes and add polish with professional-level transitions, titles and effects. Share your movies anywhere—on DVD, YouTube, Facebook, mobile phones, tablets, PlayStation 3 and Xbox.
Ensure your software is always up to date by selecting Check for Updates in the Help menu.
Choose Online Support via the Help menu to reach us directly.
- Transfer Analog Video to Digital
- Capture from VCRs, Camcorders & More
- Convert VHS, Hi8, and V8 Video to Digital
- Video Editing Software Included
- Burn to DVD or Share Videos Online
- Works with all 64-bit versions** of Windows 10, Windows 8.x, and Windows 7
Dazzle DVD Recorder HD Features
Video Capture Device
The Dazzle DVD Recorder HD captures video from VHS, Hi8 and V8 cameras, and other analog sources, including game systems and even DVD players.
Video Editing Software
Once you've captured your video, get creative with Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle. This powerful video-editor includes all the tools, titles and transitions you need to create movies that your family and friends will love.
Rescue Your VHS Tapes
Don't take a chance that your analog videos won't stand the test of time stored on VHS tapes. Convert your precious VHS and other analog videos into professional-quality digital videos.
- Works with all 64-bit versions** of Windows 10, Windows 8.x, and Windows 7
- Intel Core i3 or AMD A4 3.0 GHz or higher
- 4 GB RAM or higher
- DirectX 9, 10 or 11 compatible graphics card with 512MB memory minimum and a minimum resolution of 1024x768
- Functionality beyond editing of material captured using the Dazzle device may require additional system requirements
- DVD burner for creating DVDs
- Video inputs: Composite Video (RCA or S-Video (mini-DIN))
- Audio Inputs: Stereo Audio (RCA)
- PC connection: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 or better
Software Specifications and Updates
- Capture from any video source with composite (RCA) or S-Video output
- Ensure your software is always up to date by selecting Check for Updates in the Help menu. If you need assistance, you can reach us by clicking Online Support through the same menu.
- DVD (DVD-R, DVD RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, dual layer)
- H.264 AVC
- Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Swedish
** How to Confirm Your Computer is Running a 64-bit Version of Windows
- Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 - Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > About. See System type under Device specification.
- Windows 7 - Select the Start button, right-click Computer, and then select Properties. Under System, see the system type.
Product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Visit www.pinnaclesys.com for complete system requirements, help, or information on our other products.
Compare with similar items
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus | VHS, Hi8, V8 Video to DVD or Digital Converter | Amazon Exclusive 2 Bonus DVDs [Windows]
Pinnacle Systems Dazzle DVD Recorder Plus [OLD VERSION]
VIDBOX VHS to DVD 8.0 Deluxe
Dazzle Video Creator Plus HD [OLD VERSION]
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||GGTRADE||Amazon.com||Rexomable||Gabriel Galore||Hqpure|
|Item Dimensions||10.6 x 2.2 x 8 inches||1.63 x 5.38 x 7.5 inches||—||2.22 x 5.38 x 7.5 inches||—|
|Operating System||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 10||Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7||windows||Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista||windows|
|Platform||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows||Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7||Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows, Windows Vista|
Easily share and save your home videos from film and older video sources with the Dazzle DVD Recorder HD VHS to DVD Converter. Preserve and protect your treasured home video memories by transferring them to DVD and other digital formats. Capture video from VHS, Hi8, and V8 cameras and other sources, including Xbox, PlayStation, and even DVD players. Create polished movies with the included software featuring integrated tools, titles, and transitions. Upload directly to the web or mobile devices with its advanced output options. Included in the box are the Dazzle USB video capture device, a Getting Started guide, and video editing software.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To be honest the 'newer' Dazzle video capturing devices are just re-distributed hardware and software from when they first hit the market.
The claims on the box and descriptions of this product are very miss leading. It will not improve the quality of any video being captured.
In case anyone is wondering if this device would be good for capturing retro video games using A/V or S-Video; It's not. The best settings do not help in the slightest to improve video quality and frame drop is a problem.
The software has some very nice features for transitioning scenes, sounds/SFX, and DVD menus.
However the software is from 2013.
I gave this product a 3 star because it made it possible for me to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD and even though the image quality remains the same it's nice to have them on media that isn't already 30+ years old.
Also. I feel the product is not worth the price listed ($40+S&H). $25 at best.
AV Capture and processing hardware and software combinations are, evidently, very problematic. Some reviewers praise the quick install and immediate results, and some start blaming software issues, and then hardware issues. This was with all brands, not just Pinnacle. So maybe like you, I was totally confused. Who do I believe?
RELYING ON SOMEONE'S KEY COMMENT...
There was one reviewer who's comments I couldn't get out of my mind. He praised the Dazzle DVC-100 capture device by saying, and I'll paraphrase; ".....it's (Dazzle) the most robust device, and worth purchasing the package, if only for the device... just toss the software and use freeware..." I think that guy's review became my subliminal message that ultimately drove me back to Amazon and my "clicking on my Prime button to place my order!"
WHAT ABOUT THAT "PATCH" FOR WIN 8.1 (?)...
My Dazzle arrived this Saturday, December 6th, '14. which is important to know, because evidently the "patch" that many have complained about needing to download for Windows 8.1, well, it's evidently not needed anymore. I say that because after loading my software, doing a cold-reboot, and then trying to load the patch, I got an error message saying that the patch would not be compatible with my system software, or something along those lines. I bypassed the upload, and went directly to using the Capture Device and the stock software.
BOTTOM LINE, IT DID WHAT I NEEDED, AND THE AUDIO WAS SYNCED WITH THE VIDEO...
1. I set up my Circa 1990's Kyocera/Sony Video8 tape camera-recorder-playback system.
2. Played back a Video8 tape (circa 1990's and monophonic audio) into the Dazzle capture device.
3. Started the software, which took a while to load for the first time.
4. Intuitively figured out that I was going to "Import" from the Capture device.
5. Started the playback and saw preview video in the program window; clicked on "Start Capture."
6. Let the program and the playback unit run for the next hour and a few minutes.
7. When the tape had played out, I clicked on "Stop Capture."
8. "Stop Capture" started an "auto save" to the default VIDEOS folder in Windows.
9. Once saved to the default folder, I did a copy and paste to my photo album.
Bottom line, the copied tape came out great as an MPG, and I then used Window to burn that one hour file (a little over 3 gigs) onto a DVD disk.
I WANTED TO QUICKLY AND EASILY ARCHIVE SOME OLD VIDEO TAPES, AND IT WORKED...
Based on my expectations, this package did exactly what I wanted. I've since recorded to my computer from my Video8 and VHS systems. I'm not concerned about "producing" any videos right now. But if I do, I'll be able to pick from a number of programs. Had I used the editing function, and enjoyed the same success as with the basic function of transferring analog to digital files, I'd have given Pinnacle-Corel a 5 out of 5. Based on my early success, I'm comfortable giving the 4 out of 5 stars.
You should also know that I tried to use Windows 10 compatible software from Pinnacle and that route failed as well. Search on Pinnacle Studio Trial and that's exactly what you'll find. I downloaded it, installed it (no catches this time), and tried to use it to find the Dazzle hardware. It fails to find it. That was the last straw for me. I also rated tech support 1 star because they didn't understand what was wrong and even though I explained it to them (one via chat one via phone) they both said a higher level support employee was necessary. I left my phone number for a call back, and when I got tired of waiting because nobody called me, I gave it up, and returned it today -- same day I received it.
Top reviews from other countries
I found the same with all the Pinnacle softwares I tried (Studio 18 to 24) and Pinnacle were unable to offer any kind of fix that would cure the problem.
good product not fully try it yet I like software
only delivery man can't closes Gates
No pdf manual with the PinnacleStudio 23 software supplied but once managed to
access the support web site Pinnacle/Corel then able to obtain one.
Manual's for both PinnacleStudio 24 and PinnacleStudio 23 well written and
easy to follow once getting started.