Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 268 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 371 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 25, 2015
I purchased this grill in 2008 and now in 2015 it is still working as well as the first time I used it so that speaks for itself as far as quality.

I used to eat at a cuban restaurant and got hooked on cuban sandwiches, so this grill was bought specifically for making cuban sandwiches.. which are toasted on both sides and pressed fairly flat. I know I had other grills that I could have used.. but I wanted this particular one because of the great reviews on it.. and they were right. One year for Christmas instead of a big fancy meal...I laid out all the cheese, meats and thicksliced breads and everyone made their own grilled cuban sandwich.. it was quite a hit.

To be honest, I have not used it for anything else other than grilled sandwiches.. but it certainly does a great job on them.
on July 20, 2015
In a previous review I stated I liked this. Now, after using it for a year or so, I've changed my mind. It cooks OK if you don't mind more than a bit of Teflon in your food (never was touched by metal utensils) and food cooked mostly on the outer surface. The non-removable plates make this a right royal pain the in the tail section to clean. The unit should come with a really big sink to clean it in. The adjustable temperature feature ranges from "too damned hot" to "surface of the sun". It would be a great addition to any small pet crematorium or smelting operation. It's headed to the trash. Looking for a unit with removable, stainless steel plates.
on April 13, 2015
Since purchasing this panini press a month ago, we have used it many many times. The press heats up very quickly and cooks a sandwich in minutes. This particular unit can be used to cook meat, but I haven't tried to cook any raw meat with it yet. I have pre-cooked some thinly sliced chicken breasts and then used the press to reheat them and it worked wonderfully for that purpose. I do like the deep grooves that funnel away excess fat ect. and deposit it into the included cup. It's a nice feature and makes for healthier eating and easy clean up.
The only negatives I have about this product are that the adjustable top of the press needs to be manually adjusted, so this means needing a strong set of tongs because you may not know it needs to be adjusted until after the unit is hot. Also, there is no On/Off switch, the unit is on when it is plugged in and off when it is unplugged (not really a big deal, though). And the press is suppose to have a "lock" button that keeps the top and bottom together so that it can be carried by the handle, but the "locking" feature is a joke. It's just one small plastic tab that when pushed is suppose to lock into the frame, but it does not stay put at all. That would be my biggest complaint about this product.
All in all, we like this panini press very much and will continue to get much enjoyment from it!
on January 26, 2015
Really, quite an exceptional panini press. I bought this for my wife after I looked at other models and some did not have an adjustable heat (why would you not want that?) and this one was also wider than many others. She absolutely loves it and I've been very impressed by it from a guy's standpoint. The adjustable heat is definitely a nice feature and the adaptive hinge works great so that you press the food, not squish the food.

The one "con" on this is that some of the edges (like near the hinge) get blazing hot and I've burned myself a couple times before I got used to where the "no touchy" zones were.

Packaging was also a little lacking but hey it was Christmas and I'm sure they were crushed. But that's not a knock on the machine, just on whoever thought one little sheet of heavy paper was enough packing material.
on March 4, 2015
Makes AMAZING sandwiches! I live in an apartment where I can't have a grill, so I even use it to grill hot dogs, hamburgers, pork chops, asparagus....pretty much anything that I want a quick char on. We've even made waffles and latkes on here in a pinch. It heats up quickly and is easy to wipe clean. I like that the plates are not detachable; it keeps everything more solid. You don't even need them to detach for washing; the nonstick coating is excellent and does not flake, which makes clean up a breeze. My mother loved it so much when she came to visit that I got her one for Christmas.
on January 8, 2016
Received it on Wednesday and could hardly wait to use it. Was preparing tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper Thursday night but after pre-heating the grill for 20 min. and then putting the sandwiches on for 13 minutes, all I had was warm bread and cold, hard cheese - no toasting, no melting of the cheese NOTHING! Put an ice cube on it and it melted, but there was no steam and no sizzle like there should have been. I'm packing it up this morning and returning it! I am VERY disappointed and will not repurchase through Amazon. I'll buy a cheaper model at Walmart that's local, I can have it PDQ and return it the same day if necessary. DON'T BUY IT!!!!!
on March 28, 2017
I had purchased another panini press that had multiple functions. I returned it because a part was broken when it arrived. What I wanted was simply a panini press of good quality. This is it. It heats quickly and evenly. It is easy to wipe clean. You can't go wrong with is model.
on November 14, 2013
GREAT Press! We have used this for a number of things such as a variety of Panini and some other tasty things we have found recipes for. There is not a lot fancy about this, but it works like a charm. I have never had any problems with it heating up or maintaining heat, nothing has ever stuck to it. It will easily do two regular sandwiches at once, and upto four regular to small sandwiches if needed. This stores nicely and has always been easy to clean. The construction feels good, as De'Longhi has always bee a good name in cookware and kitchen, this is no exception.

I would definitely recommend this press. If you are looking for something simple and effective, this press is perfect. Works great!
on January 22, 2013
Not exactly what I was looking for but it does a decent job of grilling. I was looking for a grill for grilled cheese sandwiches and this certainly does the job, and my wife loves the panini's we now make, but I realized after the fact that what I was looking for was a flat grill like my mom used to have. No great problem, just not what I was looking for exactly. But I'll certainly keep it as it does the job well.

Pros:
> nice and compact
> a little locking lever on the right side to keep it shut when not in use (so it doesn't fly open when you're moving it about)
> moderately light
> creates a nice grilled look on the sandwiches (and some chicken we did)

Cons:
> the temperature control dial is a flimsy loose dial
> the grill plates are not removal, so clean up is more awkward
> the oil collection cup is a separate piece and small, I think it's likely to get lost soon enough
on April 19, 2015
The good:Machine is pretty strong. It warms up fast and can grill meat cheese etc. no problemo. Antisticky surface is good. There is plenty surface area for 2 paninis.
The bad:No on off switch. You have to take it off the plug to turn it off. "Ready" light on mine doesn't seem to work and I'm too lazy to send it back just for this. Cleaning it can be a bitch since the grill plates are not removable and of course you can't put the thing in water.