Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless" and save 63% off the $279.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Major Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pump driven and 15 bars
- Automatically self primes
- Use pods or ground coffee with the convenient patented filter holder
- Craft cappuccinos or lattes with the patented easy to use frothier
- 44 oz. and 1.3 litter removable water tank.Never install the appliance in environments where the temperature may reach 0°C (32°F) or lower (the appliance may be damaged if the water freeze
- Utilize De'Longhi's call center for customized help setting up and maintaining your machine at 1-800-322-3848
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
De'Longhi Pump Espresso EC702
Manual Espresso/Cappuccino Machine
Discover the barista brewing inside you. See how easy it is to make authentic espresso and cappuccino at home. With the De'Longhi Pump Espresso EC702 machine choose to brew ground espresso or use Easy Serving Espresso pods with the unique patented dual filter holder. The Sempre Crema Filter, used with two measures of ground coffee, enhances the brewing process to produce a perfect crema. The E.S.E. (Easy Serving Espresso) Filter, used with pods or one measure of ground coffee, makes espresso preparation simple and convenient. Either way the choice is yours, making your espresso truly made to order. Enjoy espresso or cappuccino without worry with two separate thermostats that control water and steam pressure, so you can make both espresso or cappuccino at the perfect temperature. If you prefer cappuccino you’ll enjoy using the easy-to-use patented cappuccino frother, which includes a special chamber that mixes steam and milk to create a rich creamy froth achieving perfect drinks every time. Other highlights include self-priming operation to eliminate pesky start-up preparation, a unique no-drip design, so you don’t have to deal with messy cleanup and a durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler to ensure many years of delicious espresso.
Brew Like a Pro
Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse.
Your Foam, Your Way
A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
Every Cup to Your Liking
15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences.
One Espresso Shot or Two?
The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has a holder for one espresso shot, a holder for two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod – whatever your preference.
Easy To Use
The machine does most of the work for you. The Automatic Flow Stop feature dispenses just the right amount of espresso while maintaining the ideal brewing temperature.
No Waiting Between Cups
The Rapid Cappuccino System maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup after cup instantly.
Convenient Water Tank
The water tank is simple to remove, refill and reattach, and the water level is easily visible to eliminate the guesswork.(Feature shown on similar model)
Easy To Clean
Removable water tank and drip tray make for easy cleanup, and the parts are dishwasher safe.(Feature shown on similar model)
|One Touch Control with Automatic Flow Stop||✓||✓||–||–||–|
|Cappuccino System||Advanced Manual Frother||Advanced Manual Frother||Advanced Manual Frother||Advanced Manual Frother||Manual Frother|
|Removable Water Tank||35 oz.||44 oz.||37 oz.||37 oz.||35 oz.|
|Automatic Stand-by Function/Energy-saving||✓||✓||–||–||–|
|Accommodates Taller Glasses||✓||✓||✓||✓||–|
|Three-in-one Filter Holder||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Heating Element||Thermoblock||Stainless Steel Boiler||Stainless Steel Boiler||Stainless Steel Boiler||Stainless Steel Boiler|
|Finish||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Black with Stainless Accents||Black with Stainless Accents|
Enjoy delicious espresso made your way with De'Longhi's pump espresso and cappuccino maker. You can choose to brew ground espresso or E.S.E pods with the unique patented dual filter holder. The Sempre Crema Filter, used with two measures of ground coffee, enhances the brewing process to produce a perfect crema. The E.S.E. (Easy Serving Espresso) Filter, used with pods or one measure of ground coffee, makes espresso preparation simple and convenient. Either way the choice is yours, making your espresso truly made to order. You can enjoy espresso or cappuccino without worry with two separate thermostats that control water and steam pressure, so you can make both espresso or cappuccino at the perfect temperature. If you prefer cappuccino you'll enjoy using the easy-to-use patented cappuccino frother, which includes a special chamber that mixes steam and milk to create a rich creamy froth achieving perfect drinks every time. Other highlights include self-priming operation to eliminate pesky start-up preparation, a unique no-drip design, so you don't have to deal with messy cleanup and a durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler to ensure many years of delicious espresso.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I won't go through the reasons I didn't buy other machines and it is possible that many I chose not to buy would have been perfectly good. What I will tell you is that thus far, about 3 months and 100+ espressos later, I am extremely happy with my DeLonghi EC702. The bottom line is that it produces a perfect crema with a rich taste. The steaming wand, though not perfectly designed, works well and I can make excellent Lattes. I feel it is important to add that like any machine, it takes some practice to produce the perfect espresso. There are so many human variables that come into play - how long to let the pump run, proper warm-up time, type of coffee, the grind, how much you compact/tamp the coffee, etc. - that no two people will get the same results. However, the performance of this machine has been flawless. I have not experienced any leaks or problems. I have followed the instructions carefully from the first use, kept it properly cleaned and it has rewarded me with a great cup every day.
Some other positives:
- Very good clearance between the bottom of the filter holder and the base. I have a nice size cappuccino mug (in addition to standard espresso cups) and it fits perfectly. Apparently this is a problem with some other machines.
- Two size filters - one for single shot and one for double shot espressos.
- Filters also use the ESE pod system if you're into that. I don't use pods.
- Large, easily removable and cleanable water holder.
- It looks great. All silver, mostly metal. Doesn't have any of that cheap looking black plastic.
- Warming tray on top really works. I store my cups and filters on top and they are nice and warm after about 15 minutes, which is the recommended warm-up time. And BTW - this is not a problem. I get up, walk in the kitchen, turn it on. By the time I come back into the kitchen after getting the kids going, it is ready. Those people who complain because they have to wait a few minutes need to re-evaluate their addiction to coffee.
- Great price point. Under $200.
- Yes, it is somewhat noisy for the 15 seconds it produces the coffee - but it is a pump machine, which you must have. My kids running around in the morning make far more noise than the machine.
- Your first 5-6 cups will taste like battery acid. I was warned of this from an experienced friend. All new machines must be broken in to eliminate that metallic taste. So when you get it, after following the directions and running water through it a few times, then make several throw-away cups of coffee as well. I used a less expensive coffee for this instead of wasting my good stuff. Allowing the coffee flavor to permeate the filters will properly prep the machine.
- You must clean it at proper intervals. The machine even comes with a bottle of descaler.
- Buy an external tamper. It will make it much easier on you, help you be consistent in your tamping and will keep the machine cleaner. I bought the $8 Terry's Tamper on Amazon and it is the perfect size for the DeLonghi filter. Don't waste your money on expensive tampers.
- Make sure you use the proper very fine grinds meant for espresso machines. I took one bag of beans to a grinder at Trader Joe's and set it to the finest grind, which I thought was great. However, I later bought a can of Illy pre-ground for espresso (a fabulous coffee by-the-way) and learned that my public grinding was nowhere near as fine. So my espressos improved even further using a better grind.
So there it is. I actually purchased mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond as a 20% off coupon brought the price down to equal the generally better Amazon prices, but also allowed me an easy, walk-in no questions asked return policy if I wasn't happy.
I hope this helps people. I felt I owed a review as thanks to all those whose reviews I leaned on. My final thought is that once you get hooked on making your own espressos, even with a good machine like the DeLonghi, you do start to see the value in the really expensive machines that are fully automatic and even grind the beans like my friends $700 gizmo. But for the regular guy who doesn't mind a little manual labor and doesn't have $700 to drop, I highly recommend this machine.
After a week or so here is a few things:
Steamer/froth shoots out more water than I would care for. The portafilter (metal handle with filter) is plastic and water can get trapped inside since it is not solid but two pieces of plastic together. If you make an espresso then use the steamer there is a large amount of pressure stuck inside the portafilter and if you open it without waiting a few minutes coffee goes everywhere; this problem has been getting worse?
Also.... After this few days / week it seems as though the main center area where you connect the portafilter (porthead?) leaks steam/water every now and then if left ON.
Espresso itself... The espresso isn't that bad once you've used it a few days and figure out what this machine likes. For me it has been a full portafilter with ~15lbs of tamp on the finest ground coffee (burr conical grinder) you can get. This machine can produce a nice amount of crema with the various blends I've tried both freshly roasted with 36 hours of air out and from my local roaster.
Worth $200? I'd say maybe $150. I like that this uses a BOILER and not a thermoblock. However... The water dripping and the pressure problem is getting WORSE as time passes, so I am starting to believe the quality control on these units is sub par.
I got the machine yesterday and have already put around 30 or so espressos through it. The steamer does produce a little bit of water to begin with, but I haven't seen a machine that doesn't; cloth towel. I have yet to perfect my espresso with the proper tamp or bean, but I hope to within a week or two. I am using the Capresso Infinity 565 burr grinder at the highest fine setting without a problem. Also the terry tamper available through amazon is a few mm too small; just fyi.
Looks: Looks GREAT small footprint, very sturdy.
Function: The drip tray is GREAT! Please remember this is espresso... you will have drips of coffee no matter what. Cleans up very fast. the ENTIRE bottom comes off with a little lift for easy cleaning as does the drip tray.
ALSO: If you have questions feel free to ask, I have selected to receive email updates with comments to my post.
If you can work simple machinery and like espresso/cappuccino from freshly ground beans, get this machine and enjoy.
If you are a bit lazy and prefer everything to be automatic and are the type to use "pods", do not get this machine.