Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "DeLonghi America ECAM28465M Prima Donna Fully Auto..." and save 56% off the $2,999.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
DeLonghi America ECAM28465M Prima Donna Fully Automatic Espresso Machine with Lattecrema System
|Price:||$2,499.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$500.00 (17%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Patented Single Touch Latte Crema System
- Stainless Steel Housing with Digital Display
- Memory Function
- Removable 2 Liter Water Tank
- Hot Water Spout to be used for Tea or Hot Chocolate
- NOTE: Refer user manual - attched in this page
- Utilize De'Longhi's specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine at 866-528-8323 (LatteBest)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
Design your espresso experience in ONE TOUCH with the De'Longhi PrimaDonna S. Enjoy authentic Italian barista quality espresso drinks; Cappuccino, Latte, Italian Macchiato & more with De'Longhi' s Automatic Cappuccino System, which produces the richest, thickest longest lasting foam. The Automatic Cappuccino System includes a dual thermoblock system guaranteeing optimal brewing temperature for cappuccino and espresso. The integrated milk carafe with clean function produces steamed milk for Latte and frothed milk for Cappuccino and Italian Macchiato; It can be placed in the refrigerator in between uses, so no milk is wasted. The De'Longhi Primadonna S features an extractable, easy to clean brewing unit that delivers the optimal brewing pressure every time, as well as auto adjusts the quantity of coffee for 1 or 2 shots. Of espresso. The Integrated burr grinder is made of durable stainless steel with 13 adjustable settings to deliver your preferred espresso ground to perfection, fresh every time. Add a touch of unmistakable Italian style with the PrimadonnaS: premium stainless steel constructions combined with a sleek compact foot print. The intuitive sensor touch control panel with LED display is both functional and easy to use with all the main machine's features available at the simple touch of a button. Key Features include: 4 1-touch milk drinks, timer to start and stop the machine at certain times, auto shut-off in case you forget to turn it off, temperature adjustment of the coffee and settings to adjust water hardness. Additionally, the Primadonna S features a memory function to save your preferred settings, 5 settings for coffee strength and 4 beverage size options for a drink customized for your tastes.
Top customer reviews
This super- automatic is very compact and makes milk/espresso drinks comparable to the most expensive Jura machines, which are much larger. Like most super automatic espresso machines, the compact size doesn't allow for a steep bean hopper. Therefore oily dark roast beans might stick and inhibit grinding. Using medium roast beans are not a problem and in my opinion make better espresso based drinks.
We are sorry you're experiencing an issue with your Prima Donna Fully Automatic Espresso Machine. Please contact our customer care team at 1-866-Latte-Best (1-866-528-8323) (Monday-Friday from 9am-8pm EST), where a representative is on hand to help resolve this issue immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
First, this machine doesn’t have a very large footprint. At 9.4 x 17.4 x 13.6 it doesn’t take-up that much room for all that it can do. Note that you’ll need to allow at least a foot of space above so that you can open to top to add beans. The water, drip tray and used coffee grounds all come out the front.
Other things that I like. . . .
• Of course, the number one thing would be “convenience”. It’s great to simply press a button and you have coffee.
• Lots of different options for different types of coffee.
• You have the ability to “customize” just about every beverage. From the amount of water, to how strong you would like it and so on. But you do have to remember to make any “adjustments” before you press the button for the coffee to start.
• There isn’t a lot of “excess water” in the “drip tray”. In other words, it doesn’t fill-up too quickly. You have to empty it after around 12-beverages. The machine will let you know. I know this might sound trivial, but again, with my “other” machine, you have to empty the drip tray after perhaps four beverages, and it’s much more of a hassle than with this machine.
Things which would make me love this machine even more:
• The number one thing would be that the milk would be hotter. It comes out at around 115 degrees. That means that your milk beverages are going to be lukewarm. FYI, I have this same “issue” with my “other” machine. I can only assume that it’s not possible for the milk to be hotter because if it were it would “cook” to the inside of the machine, and that would not work. Nonetheless, this is one thing that I wish they could fix. I would not recommend using the milk alone (no coffee) for things like hot chocolate and such. It’s simply not hot enough. You can certainly use the steam wand to heat the milk up though.
• The hot water is not hot either. It’s about 153 degrees which works for herbal / fruit tea, but not for black tea. . . .or instant oatmeal. . . .or anything like that. I wish they could make the water much hotter.
• The same goes for the water for making coffee. You can adjust the temperature for the coffee, but even at the highest level it comes out at about 163 degrees. Optimal temperature for brewing coffee. . . by most experts. .. is between 195 and 205 degrees.
• If you wish to add pre-ground coffee (instead of using beans) you have to open both the bean bin door on the top in the back, plus open the “funnel”, as they call it, for the grounds. It would be nice if you could simply add the grounds by opening the funnel door from the top, without having to go through a two-step process.
• It would be great if you could remove the bean bin so that you could switch different beans in-and-out. As it is, you have to use all of the beans in the machine before changing to something else. Of course, there is always the option of add grounds of a different sort.
Set-up is fairly easy. The instructions are laid-out to walk you through everything step-by-step. When setting it up for the first time, I highly recommend you read through everything before starting. . . then you’ll have a better idea of what you’ll need to do and when. Though I guess one might think that it’s a bit “self-explanatory” and you can just add beans and water and start pressing buttons and making coffee. . . . I don’t recommend it. After you’ve invested this much money, you really want to take your time and get it right to begin with.
Lastly, and this is just a pet peeve of mine. . . but. . . the instructions tell you that you should use a sponge to wipe when you remove the milk container and such. Sponges should never be used in a kitchen. They are “germ farms”. Either a damp paper towel or damp clean cloth would be much better options.
Overall, I really like this machine. Granted, it’s crazy expensive, and Made in China. If having the milk frothing container (which doesn’t heat the milk hot enough) is something you can do without. . . . .then. . . De'Longhi makes some really nice machines, for a lot less money. . . .which do just about the exact same thing, without the milk frothing. You can always use the steaming wand and “manually” heat / froth the milk.
I've run it through all of it's paces and use cases, milk frothing and all of it, but from day to day I typically am using it to make a double extra long coffee from whole bean. The crema out of this machine is beautiful/amazing.
So what can you expect on a day to day basis, aside from which kind of drink you're making?
I make one to a few drinks per day, and I empty the discard water tray about once a week. The unit runs a bit of water before to clean and prime before your first drink after turning on, and automatically purges before auto shut off. This is what will eventually fill your discard water tray/drip tray.
The other regular maintenance activities include emptying the used coffee pod bin (it compresses the ground coffee into discs/pods for extraction), and to refill the water bin. That's it!
Once a month or so I open the side door, clean out the coffee extraction machine/compression machine, clean out the general area, and at 8 months I've been asked to replace the water filter for the first time. I use filtered water, but I'll do that anyway.
The machine is absolutely beautiful. It looks great in my kitchen, I can make almost anything someone could request, it's never a pain, only a help. Anyone who loves coffee would have a wonderful time with this very versatile machine.
Only complaint: The unit shipped with descaler in the box which leaked out, ruined all of the books & paperwork, and cardboard inside the box. It actually crusted out the edges of the box after realizing what happened. It was already dry by the time I received it but it left a horrible white foamy crust on things. That issue is long since gone, but it did impact my first impression negatively.
We are sorry for the inconvenience with your Machine and would like to work to with you to improve your experience. Please email our customer care center at DeLonghiCustomerCare@us.delonghi.com with your model and serial number and so we can follow up with you personally.
Most recent customer reviews
1. I wish I would have read the directions