DeLonghi EN670.B Nespresso Lattissima Single-Serve Espresso Maker, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Patented "Single Touch" hot milk system. Simply slide the milk tank onto front of the machine. Clean button makes it easy to maintain.
- Convenient illuminated control panel buttons allow you to choose your favorite drink with ease, with 2 milk and 2 coffee selections.
- Easy-to-use patented coffee capsule system. Simply load the capsule into the machine and push the button.
- Accommodates latte cups with the unique sliding drip tray
- No waiting between preparing espresso and cappuccino with the double boiler system
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The only issues I've found is that it does drip a little after making drinks, which leads to some clean-up, but pretty minor. And, those pod costs do add up, but that's the case with any machine and still a fraction of what you would pay at Starbucks.
Others have complained about the temperature of the drinks, and it is a little cooler than I would like for the first drink. However, I found that running the "clean" mode on the milk container before making the drinks helps heat up the tubes and makes for hotter initial drink. Also, quickly preheating the cup with hot water helps. All this takes about 12 seconds. Once you're past the first, it's fine.
One hint on the milk, we've found that using 2% "pasteurized" instead of "ultra-pasteurized" gives a better, thicker foam.
Only reason why four stars instead of five is the initial machine cost and ongoing pod cost.
This machine gets five stars just because I haven't had to buy another one. This is my third machine, the other two failed within 18 months to two years. I don't recall the brand or models.
- The milk frother makes coffee as good or better than what you'd find at a "real" coffee house. Cleaning isn't fun each time, but not because of design, but because it's a dairy product and it can't be left out. I find that keeping it filled and just storing it in the fridge between uses in the best solution to prevent daily cleaning.
- It produces a "shot" within about 20-30 seconds. My last machines would slow down over time and the pump would become weak. This thing pumps like it's the first day it has been used.
- The design is still top notch. You have to manually load each capsule, but it holds about ten empties, enough to last at least one day in a busy house.
- The water reservoir is large and hidden. It has a nice gauge to tell you when empty, since it's hidden.
- It has a steamer as well. The steamer attachment and the milk frother attachment are one in the same... remove the steamer attachment and attach the frothing container.
- After four years, I wouldn't change much about this machine. The platform where you place your mug for the espresso/coffee is small. A standard mug really doesn't stand there too well without falling. My solution was to find a small stainless steel pitcher for the espresso, much like you'd see at starbucks, except smaller. Kind of like a mini-pitcher. I chose this...Read more ›
What I did not like is not that bad. Coffee and milk come out worm, but not real hot, if you want it real hot there is no adjustment. The milk froth unit does not have a handle so it needs attention inserting it in and out of the main unit.
Some helpful notes:
For best results from the first cup - Read the short manual 2-3 times before using the unit. The manual has photos for each step. I Wish all manuals were that clear.
When I purchased the machine I did not know there are several type/size of capsules/coffee makers and they are not interchangeable. This Nespresso type machine must use Nespresso capsules only. The machine came with 13 samples of different coffees and an order booklet with instructions how to order the Nespresso coffee capsules at 51 cents each.
Update: Dec. 2012
Had it now for 2 years. Fantastic machine. Never had a bad cup of coffee with it. I use only distilled water so didn't need to descale it.
I've been a tea drinker my entire life and buying this machine for guests seemed like an expensive choice. however, I did read a lot of reviews of Nespresso and its flavor, so we went for it anyways. Since my wife does drink Capuccino and latte, the espresso only machine was no option and the Lattissima seemed to be the cheapest fully automatic capuccino option for nespresso (the aeroccino option in other machines seemed too much of a hassle). I also figured that since the patent of Nespresso on the capsules is about to expire, the prices will lower over time, so hopefully in the future we do have better prices per capsule!
Here a more detailed description:
Anyways, the machine arrived and I was pretty excited to say the least. Setting it up went rather quickly.
I found the manuals good enough for the most part and the fact that you can regulate your own amount of milk and coffee, that is great! so we could adjust it to your own cups.
I dont think the machine is noisy. I've seen other nespresso machines and they are equally noisy.
The machine does generate some dripping which goes directly into the dripping tray (I guess some pressure release or something). On the outside we only see vapor. I dont think this is a problem and it is not really an exesive amount of water.
When removing the milk container it can sometimes drip some milk. I dont find this problematic. Maybe other people do.
this is the best feature!. We were able to adjust our own amount of milk for latte, capuccino and espressos.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Waste of money, the milk frother worked well for a month and now does not anymorePublished 14 months ago by Duda26
This is a great machine for households that have coffee and tea. The spout on the left side gives hot water and can be programmed for the size of cup. Read morePublished 17 months ago by CJ Sew
Incredibly well designed machine. Works wonderfully and the company is truly a pleasure to work with. Read morePublished on September 24, 2013 by Richard Green
Make my daily coffee and espresso's. Cappuccino, and Latte's also excellent! Machine and support from Nespresso is wonderful. They assisted me the one time I had an issue. Read morePublished on August 15, 2013 by tuff_customer
Too bad a couple of week after purchase, received an e-mail announcing the item a $100 less ?
Why didn’t I get that bargain in the first place ?
I returned this it is the older model this stores the water underneath the new model is much better you fill it behind the unit with a removable tray. Read morePublished on March 4, 2013 by Valleyhomes
great machine!!!!!!, and the heat of the water is perfect eventhough some other posts. Works for me!!!!!
The cleaning is very simple and quick
The Delonghi Lattissima is an Automatic Espresso machine, also capable of making Latte and Cappucino. There is a removable reservoir for holding milk for the frothing cycle. Read morePublished on April 7, 2012 by BrianD