Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 897 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,009 reviews
on January 2, 2017
After three months of use, this unit has performed as advertised (or better). I would rate it 4.25 - 4.5 star out of 5.

I use it (and a 2nd unit) to act as a steady base of reliable supplemental heat in a log-cabin in the high elevation mountains of Idaho. The units were put to the test quickly as December 2017 provided a number of -24+ (F) overnight lows. This unit provides slow gradual heat to the point of the desired temperature.

Advantages:
1. Easy to use and move to specific location (even while heating as the platform is highly stable).
2. Easy to control temperature and power consumption setting.
3. Oil (self contained and manufacturer sealed in unit) method eliminates the irritating fan noise of other type space heaters. Yes oil will crackle slightly for an initial few moments if the room is cold and the temperature setting is at max (95 f).

Areas for improvement

1. The on off timer settings while very easy to program are lost once the unit is unplugged (e.g., you leave for a few days and unplug as recommended). Make the timer settings programmable memory stored with the device.
on April 15, 2017
I bought this to use as an extra heat source on very cold days/evenings when I'm in my living room, or any other part of my house where I feel I need more heat in the winter months. Since my living room area is fairly large, I wasn't sure if this would really do the job. I've been very happy with the heat this radiator heater puts out. It heats up very quickly (when the unit is warming up it may make a few pinging sounds, but not for long) The remote is handy for turning the unit on; turning the heat up and down; and finally off. Actually, I haven't been able to see another way to turn the unit on without the remote. Like other reviewers noted, it is difficult to see the writing on the face of the unit because of the black background. One thing I would have liked is for the handle to protrude out more so that the unit could be moved around more easily. The heat comes straight up out of the top. Not much heat flows from the sides, which I had wrongly assumed before buying this heater. All in all, though, I am pleased with this purchase and have not had any issues with the unit itself.
on January 23, 2017
Wanted to set some expectations for those who are deciding like I was.

The Good
- compact design with nice Castor's
- hot but not burning to the touch on Max setting
- take about 2 hours on max to raise the ambient temp of my apt of 850sq ft from 55°F to 65°F with an outside temp of 45°F.
- 2 Timers that allows you to set one for morning and one for after work. It's nice to wake up and return home to a warm apartment with hardwood floors.
- remote is convenient
- I primarily use the lowest setting for about 6 hours a day and my electricity bill has risen about $20-30 at $0.19 / kwh
- continues to provide heat approx 45-60 mins after shutoff.
- good amount of cord for ease of positioning.

The bad

- it feels like it's slow, because when your cold you want to feel some comfort fast, but it's not built this way by design. I use one of those dish looking heaters from Costco for immediate relief.
- I'm 35 with excellent vision and can barely make out the current settings on the display under normal room lighting.
- remote is useful but I can't tell what settings I'm on from 5 ft away.
- when plugged into certain outlets on max setting the unit can trip some breakers. I had to remove some loads off my living room outlets but found out on the low setting everything was fine.
on April 30, 2017
This is an effective heater, especially when it's left on over a period. We've been using it for a couple of months and it is quiet, easy to operate, and truly improves the comfort level in our large living area. We have 14 ft ceilings and a wall of French doors to our balcony. We do not expect one small oil-filled heater to keep our entire living area cosy - but this one makes a considerable difference when we have a cold snap. It does not produce a sudden rush of heat, as you would get with a fan heater - it's all about lifting and maintaining a room temperature at a comfortable level. If we used it in a smaller or enclosed space, I'm pretty sure it would feel cosy in no time. It's a quality heater and we are very satisfied with it.
on July 12, 2017
I wanted to try the oil based heater in a converted basement workout room, and this model performed as I had hoped. Set the temperature and that is what you will feel whenever you enter the room no matter what the outside temperature is. Totally quiet and relatively quick to get the room to temperature. Easy to start and program. Surface is warm but not too hot to the touch and you can feel the heat radiating when it is up to temperature. Priced just right. I haven't done the economic calculations, but my feeling is that it may take more power to function than one might think it should. Perhaps other reviewers can offer input on that issue.
on December 15, 2015
I used ceramic heaters for more than 10 years. The noise of blowing fans and dried air are always a problem. We purchased this on December 3rd and used it every night since we got it. In the beginning, I was a bit worry because the leaking issue mentioned in some of the reviews. I left some paper towel under the unit. There are no sign of leaking oil so far. The heat is calm and nice. We didn't notice the "click" noise mentioned in some of the reviews. We have the house central heater set to 71 at night and the DeLonghi set to 75 for the room and monitored the power usage with a belkin energy use monitor (fun toy for men). It would cost approximately $20 per month running 12 hours a day for a 300 sq-ft room.

PRO:
- quiet
- auto on/off timer
- energy efficient

CON:
- the front display need some improvement (am/pm almost not see-able, no backlight for night)
- remote is totally useless
- timer setting is a bit confusion
on February 6, 2017
I purchased this heater and it think it is a perfect heater. our bedroom stays very cold in-spite of central heating in the apartment. This heater in the bedroom made the room feel very cozy, warm and comfortable. It is a very quiet heater. I wish to buy another of this heater for the dining room. Another great thing about the heater is that it has wheels so it's easy to move back and forth. However, every time the heater is plugged in, we need to set the clock and the default temperature setting for the heater is 96 degrees Fahrenheit which is rather unrealistic. So the temperature needs to be adjusted as well. It does not keep in it memory. Also for some reason when we plug the heater in the other bedroom the fuse goes off but I think that is not something about the heater it's the electrical power problem of the apartment. So far this heater has been running great.
on December 25, 2016
Beats fan-based space heaters hands down. It's quiet, heats a small room efficiently to any specified temperature, and doesn't dry me out. There was a slight oil smell at first, but it went away after the first day.

As others have mentioned, the only caveat (and worth docking a star) is that if you leave it unplugged for 2 minutes then it resets. If it didn't do this and instead kept the previous setting, it would have been a great way to integrate it into my smart home devices, controlled by a smart outlet.
on December 15, 2016
This thing's a champ.

Pros:
- It heats up my entire apartment
- You can program a schedule if you want it to turn off while you're at work or asleep
- Silent (A faint click when it changes heat levels every once in a while)

Cons:
- It takes a couple hours to heat up the room. This is not a space heater where you can point it at your legs under your desk to get warm. Personally, I set it at a comfortable temperature and leave it on and let it modulate itself on and off throughout the day.
on January 14, 2017
I live in Michigan, where it gets frigid and I live in a building with radiators powered by a boiler. That means no control over heat for me especially during those in between months of October and early November when it's not cold enough for the building management to start up the boilers. That's where the DeLonghi is really beneficial. Also, they help when the temperature isn't cold enough (30-40 Fahrenheit) where the building doesn't run the boiler long enough to keep the apartment sufficiently (in my opinion) heated. Add big beautiful, but drafty windows to the mix and you can understand.

The heater's temperature goes up to 95 degrees F, which I appreciate, because my Honeywell heater that I retired only went up to 80 degrees unless I put it on the "High" setting whatever that temperature is.

I hadn't used electric heaters before because my prior home had forced air heating I could control. I felt more comfortable with a radiant heater not catching fire compared to the other types of portable heaters although I learned it might not matter if you don't plug it directly into the wall socket.

They are more ideal for smaller spaces not large spaces, despite some reviews I read online. I have one in each of my main rooms. They work great for my kitchen (13 x 12 ft) and my bedroom (12 x 11 ft), but not as effective for my (20 x 13 ft) living room. On top of that I have 10 ft high ceilings in all of these rooms, just to give you some perspective.

The only two drawbacks are that 1) the digital temperature can't be seen in the dark, something my Honeywell had and 2) there is no handle to move the heater around something my Honeywell heater also had. I would definitely recommend it, although my first two were bought at Lowes and the third was bought on Amazon to replace my Honeywell. I paid more for the third because neither Lowes nor Home Depot carry this particular model anymore so I had to buy on Amazon.