Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DeLonghi TRH0715SH Oil-Filled Radiator with Overheat Audible Alarm
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 18, 2011
We rent an old 3-story Victorian home with 8 bedrooms, 4 baths, and 3 kitchens. There's a lot to heat in the winter. Even with new furnace and heat pumps etc. it was costing us $800-$1100/month to heat during December-February. After trying several space heaters, we opted for one of these, and it really is a hit. I keep one in my office, one in my bedroom, and one in the living room. At night the one from the living room is moved upstairs to heat the kids' bedrooms. Because the radiator is quiet, I can take calls in my office without a problem. Because it isn't blowing out forced air, there's none of the sinus issues normally seen in winter when the heat is on. We just love them. This is our second year using this model. I'm going to pick up a few more and use them upstairs as well. My electric consumption for that first year dropped more than 50% and we stayed warmer. This year, we haven't used the central heat at all so far, and my electricity consumption has dropped almost 70% what it had been when I was trying to use the central heat and forced air space heaters. I was hoping they'd be cheaper this year, but even at this price, they're worth it. It's such a nice, even, pleasant heat. You don't have to be right near it. It won't burn your skin if you bump it, and you can turn it off or down at night if you get too warm.
on May 2, 2012
This is a slightly edited version of a review I wrote about the Delonghi Vento:

I now own three different models of oil filled radiators. The Delonghi Safe Heat Oil-Filled Radiator with Overheat Audible Alarm is great, but not as quick to heat as the Delonghi Vento. The heat from the Vento radiates very quickly out the top of the unit. The Safe Heat heater puts a little more heat on the floor, so I am actually glad that I have a couple different models. We use the Safe Heat version in the bedroom because it is very quiet, and heats the floor a little quicker than the Vento. The Safe Heat also has an audible alarm if it overheats, and automatic tip-over shutoff. Those will be nice safety features while we sleep.

Back to the Vento: The timer feature is great; it allows you to automatically turn the heater on and off as many times as you want, up to every 15 minutes, for a full 24 hours! In the winter I plan to have it turn on early in the morning and heat up the living room while we're still sleeping. The analog timer is MUCH better than a digital timer in my opinion. A digital timer has limitations on how many times you can turn it on and off (usually only once or twice). For now, I just leave all the switches "on" and turn it on and off manually.

I have an older Lakewood digital thermostat radiator also; that one we cannot use in the bedroom because the digital relay system to turn it on and off is very noisy, and keeps us awake. Out of the three, it is also the slowest to heat up but it has lasted me 10 years so far so I can't complain. I feel that all analog controls and relays are much quieter than the digital versions. The digital thermostat is nice in the kitchen to set a minimum, but too noisy in the bedroom. .

The Vento is in the living room, puts out the (by far) quickest and most heat, and fills the room-again, less on the floor but it heats the room quicker. The edges are curved so there is less potential for injury, and it really puts out most of the heat up and into the air--the unit doesn't seem to get quite as hot to the touch. The Vento took about twice as long as the Safe Heat to "burn in", but I just put it on full blast outside for about 4 hours and it was good to go. There is much more metal in this unit to "burn in" so it makes sense...

I highly recommend the Safe Heat heater, and even more than the Vento if you want heat on the floor as well!!! It warms up very quickly and is very reasonably priced, and has great safety features. It is our choice for the bedroom.
on January 15, 2013
got this, based on reviews... to heat up my living room...
but i only feel the heat when standing 7" away from it and/or hunching over the top of it.
AND it has to be 3ft away from anything/everything so you can't put it to the side of the room, or out of the way...
really disappointing heater ornament.

Update: okay, so it didn't work in my living room with high ceilings, so I put it in my bedroom to see if it would be better - and it did! It was really hot and toasty. So I think depending on the room.... It will work great or, not. So glad I won't have to return it.
on February 28, 2013
After receiving our electricity bill in November, I look for an alternative for our bedroom.
Pro
compact
easy to use
easy to transport
comfortable heating
easy setting
decrease my electricity bill without freezing in my bedroom
Security alert in case it falls
Not burning at touch

con
First few use - smelly - Now there is no smell
click sound when it turn on and off
Take time to heat up - but once at right temperature, it is great.

Considering buying a second one for the other bedroom
on August 4, 2013
This heater must be kept around 2 meters from any walls, furniture, book shelves, etc. That's tough to do in a small apartment. In my case there was no place to put it that wasn't within 2 meters of something. Desperate for heat in a slumlord-owned building with a draft and a poor radiator I tried to use it anyway. No go. As soon as the unit would start to heat up it would shut off because it was too close to the closet. A safety mechanism that is a good feature to be sure -- just look at all the poor people who burn themselves up trying to heat their homes each winter after their utilities are shut off. Still, I couldn't use it in my place. I wish I would have seen some mention of that on Amazon.
on October 22, 2012
So far, this little heater seems to be fulfilling it's purpose in life. Although the outside temperature has not dropped to it's winter lows yet, what cool mornings we have had (around freezing point), the heater is coping very well, on half power, to heat the room in question (about 12 x 15 with a sloping ceiling). I have it on a timer plug and it comes on twice a day, about 2.5 hours in the morning, and 5 hours in the evening. With the built-in thermostat it is very controllable and economical, so far. I will review these times with the effects of the heater once winter truly sets in. I live in the mountains of Colorado to the west of Colorado Springs, so it will be getting quite cold, soon. Seems to be a good little heater and have experienced no problems with it, what-so-ever.
on September 23, 2012
This is an amazing space heater. We read all the reviews, and those 5 stars in depth reviews are right on. We live in a class A RV and with this unit turned on, our propane furnace does kick on as much, making for quieter living, and more comfortable indoor atmosphere. It also helps keep floor area warm, so we do not feel cold around our feet.

For more indepth technical information, so read the longer 5 stars review. They are very informative. We only have one unit so far, but since we are 36 feet long, and we close our bedroom door at night, in order not to have to drag this one around, we are also buying a second one.

I would recommend this product and this vendor very highly
on February 7, 2014
I have used DeLonghi heaters for years and I just had to replace one because the dial had gone out and the heater would not stay on. The heater was twelve years old so I did not feel too bad about it. I searched for a new one and found this one and other than the fact that the price has about doubled, it was just what I wanted. I have several of these and they are completely quiet and really keep you warm. We have had an extra cold winter in Arkansas this year and I love having one of these in the room to boost the heat up. I was always afraid of regular space heaters but these are perfect and not dangerous. We have four dogs and they love to lay right next to them and I don't have to worry about burns or fire. This is a perfect space heater, quiet and toasty.
on January 23, 2014
Out of the box I was a little concerned at how sensitive the tip sensor was on this model but since it sits it one place and minds its own business that should not be an issue for anyone. This unit warms up fairly quickly at full power and seems to hold temp fairly well at medium power if you're being extra energy conscious or you have sensitive breakers in your power box. All in all this is fairly easy product to plug in, set and forget once the weather changes. I can't speak to its energy efficiency but I assume it's more efficient than running the central air system heat strips more often. Right now I have 3 oil radiators in the house and will probably add a fourth next season if the price drops again just to help with even heat.
on February 27, 2014
Pros:
- Does a decent job adding heat to our small apartment.
- Easy to adjust level with two switches (one low, one medium, both on = high)

Cons:
- Some (minimal) squeaking ad popping as the oil heats up.
- Slow to heat (as to be expected with an oil filled radiator)

See 1 answered question