DeLorme AG-008374-201 inReach Two-Way Satellite Communicator for Earthmate PN-60w
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Assured 2-way satellite communication in remote or high-risk environments, anywhere in the world.
- The highly versatile inReach does not require any companion hardware.
- Ninety percent of the earth's surface has no phone service of any kind, and one-way satellite messengers also have coverage gaps.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The DeLorme inReach for Earthmate PN-60w GPS is a one-of-a-kind communication lifeline that always keeps you inReach with exclusive two-way text messaging, delivery confirmation, and interactive SOS, plus remote tracking. It provides guaranteed 2-way satellite communication in remote or high-risk environments, anywhere in the world. Stay in touch with home, office, or colleagues in the field, and get help if you need it, in all the places where cell phones and one-way satellite messengers can't. The highly versatile inReach does not require any companion hardware. By itself, it can send pre-loaded text messages and SOS alerts (with delivery confirmation), and enable remote tracking, all via pushbutton. When you add a PN-60w GPS, you enable the inReach's exclusive 2-way satellite messaging. With inReach, you can do much more than press an SOS alert. Even in standalone mode, you have the ability to let dispatchers know you're conscious and have received their message. If you've paired your inReach with a PN-60w GPS, you can send descriptive text messages so responders come properly prepared. If your situation changes, you can send updates to the emergency dispatchers. No more "press and pray" You'll never have to wonder if your message was received. The inReach will confirm delivery of any text or SOS messages via flashing LED. It makes no difference whether the messages were sent by a standalone inReach, or an inReach paired with a PN-60w. The inReach is a ruggedized, waterproof communication lifeline for outdoors enthusiasts, expeditioners, or anyone working in remote locations. It's extremely well-suited for military applications and NGOs working in foreign lands, or involved in disaster relief. It is also ideal for on and off-road travel, and small plane and glider aviation. Iridium satellite service is delivered via a subscription plans: Safety Plan - $9.95 per month/Recreation Plan - $24.95 per month /Pro Plan - $49.95 per month
From the Manufacturer
Exclusive Two-Way Satellite Messaging in Remote or High-Risk Environments, Anywhere in the World
Stay in touch with home, office, or colleagues in the field, and get help if you need it in all the places where cell phones and one-way satellite messengers can't find a signal.
This one-of-a-kind communication lifeline keeps you always inReach with exclusive two-way text messaging, delivery confirmation, and interactive SOS, plus remote tracking.
Pair the inReach with the Earthmate PN-60w GPS for two-way satellite messaging
Use it by itself or with a DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w GPS
The highly versatile inReach does not require any companion hardware. By itself, it can send pre-loaded text messages and SOS alerts (with delivery confirmation) and enable remote tracking, all via pushbutton. When you add an Earthmate® PN-60w GPS, you enable the inReach's exclusive two-way satellite messaging.
Pair the inReach with a PN-60w and you can send and receive messages up to 160 characters to and from email contacts, cell phones, and emergency dispatchers. You can also post to Facebook and Twitter.
Message Delivery Confirmation
You'll never have to wonder if your message was received. The inReach will confirm delivery of any text or SOS messages. It makes no difference whether the messages were sent by a standalone inReach or an inReach paired with a PN-60w.
PN-60w home screen when paired with inReach
You can designate anyone you choose to follow your travels online. Your latest position and "breadcrumb" trail are displayed, with position updates at user-selected intervals between 10 minutes and four hours.
Remote tracking is overlaid on DeLorme Topo North America maps displayed online.
With inReach, you can do much more than press an SOS alert. Even in standalone mode, you have the ability to let dispatchers know you're conscious and have received their message.
If you've paired your inReach with a PN-60w GPS, you can send descriptive text messages so responders come properly prepared. If your situation changes, you can send updates to the emergency dispatchers.
The Ideal "Off The Grid" Solution
Ninety percent of the Earth's surface has no phone service of any kind, and one-way satellite messengers also have coverage gaps.
These "off the grid," often high-risk environments are exactly the kind of place where you need reliable two-way communication, sharing anything from simple "I'm okay" check-in messages to time-sensitive field reports and emergency SOS messages.
With inReach, you can go with confidence wherever your adventures or professional duties take you-always connected, always inReach.
No Other Device Lets You Do All This
- Connect wirelessly with the DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w
- Send and receive text messages
- Up to 160 characters
- To and from email contacts and cell phones
- With your GPS position embedded in all sent messages
- Message recipients are not restricted to inReach address book contacts
- Post messages to Facebook and Twitter
- Communicate directly with other inReach users to share information and locations
- Stay satellite-connected worldwide
- On land or water
- From the North Pole to Antarctica
- Know when your messages have been received
- Send pre-loaded text messages for anticipated situations
- Enable remote tracking by anyone you choose via detailed DeLorme Topo North America maps displayed online
Emergency Assistance with Interactive SOS
- SOS messages automatically trigger remote tracking
- Text message SOS alerts
- Describe your emergency so rescuers can come properly prepared
- Receive text confirmation from GEOS response center that your message has been received and rescuers have been notified
- Pushbutton SOS alerts
- Message confirmation indicates GEOS dispatcher has received your alert and notified rescuers
- You can send a follow-up pushbutton alert to indicate you're conscious
- Button lock prevents false alarms
- Complies with RTCM SC-128 for SENDS
- Supports one-handed gloved operation
- Intended SOS messages can easily be cancelled if warranted
As a Standalone Device, inReach is a Multi-Purpose GPS Communicator
- No companion PN-60w required
- Pushbutton interface enables
- Sending pre-loaded text messages with delivery confirmation
- Enabling remote tracking
- Triggering SOS alerts
- Even if you plan to use inReach with a PN-60w GPS, it can still keep you connected if your companion device is lost, damaged, or loses battery power
Pair the inReach with a DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w GPS
- Easy wireless connection
- Send and receive messages via internal keyboard and message screen
- Navigate with confidence, with detailed DeLorme Topo North America maps (included at purchase with PN-60w)
- Full U.S. and Canada coverage
- Superior terrain, back road, and U.S. trail detail, plus places of interest
Let Others Track Your Progress Online for Mutual Peace of Mind
- The inReach is equipped with a high-sensitivity GPS chipset, with accuracy to within 5 meters
- Your location displayed on DeLorme Topo North America maps, viewable online
- You choose the tracking intervals - as close together as 10 minutes or far apart as 4 hours
- inReach will report speed, heading, and elevation with each track or message that it transmits
The Right Communication Solution For Work and Play Off the Cell Phone Grid
The DeLorme inReach is a ruggedized, waterproof communication lifeline for outdoors enthusiasts, expeditioners, or anyone working in remote locations.
It’s extremely well-suited for military applications and NGOs working in foreign lands, or involved in disaster relief, and it’s also ideal for on- and off-road travel, and small plane and glider aviation.
- On the job
- At remote work sites
- Send mission-critical information to headquarters
- Receive instructions
- Enable remote tracking so management can tell where you are or where you're headed
- For journalists
- Stay connected with editors
- Engage with your readers or audience when there's no other way to communicate
- Send breaking news or updates via Twitter
- For military or NGOs
- Enable vital communication between command and control and tactical assets
- Support geo-fencing and multiple asset tracking
- Take advantage of an affordable consumer-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution that supports existing hardware platforms
- For outdoor recreation
- Send updates to family and friends ("Running late, all's well")
- Report your accomplishments in real time ("At the summit!")
- Share information with other inReach users in your party or around the world
- Get emergency assistance
- Ideal for all your favorite activities
- Hiking and backpacking
- Boating and sailing, on inland waters or offshore
- Mountain biking
- Whitewater kayaking or rafting
- Hunting and fishing
- For expeditions
- Update your followers
- Stay in touch with your support team for weather updates, re-supplies, and course changes
- Communicate with rendezvous teams
- Get help in emergencies
- For on- and off-road vehicle travel in remote locations
- Get help in case of breakdowns
- Enjoy peace of mind traveling through sparsely- populated regions
- Stay connected when 4-wheeling and exploring with ATVs
- For small plane and glider aviation
- Enable remote tracking showing with altitude, speed and course (the altitude reporting in particular seems to be very popular)
- Stay connected from anywhere
- Request help in case of emergencies
- Iridium® is the world's furthest-reaching satellite network
- The inReach incorporates Iridium's new-generation 9602 short-burst data technology
- Iridium communication capabilities and earth coverage far surpass that of other satellite systems allowing two-way messaging, delivery confirmation, and pole-to-pole global connection
inReach Physical Attributes
- Dimensions: 3.36" H (4.78" including antenna); 2.94" W, 2" D
- Weight: 7.9 oz. without batteries
- Waterproof (IPX7) and buoyant (it floats)
- Impact-resistant (Mil STD 810F)
- SOS locking mechanism complies with RTCM SC-128 for SENDS; prevents false alarms and supports one handed gloved operation
- GPS chipset included
- For remote tracking, and embedding location coordinates for all sent messages
- Accuracy +/- five meters
- Uses two AA batteries
- Lithium batteries (included) are recommended; alkaline batteries are supported; rechargeable batteries are not supported
- Battery life:
- Testing parameters - sending one track point every 10 minutes
- Results - one set of lithium batteries lasted 7 days
- Your results will vary depending on how long you keep inReach turned on and how often you send and or receive messages
Even before the inReach was released, it received two prestigious awards at the 2011 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market trade show.
- Outside Magazine Gear of the Show
- GearJunkie.com Best of Show
Summer Market is the premier U.S. trade show for products aimed at activities such as hiking, backpacking, camping, mountain biking, climbing, and kayaking. Outside and GearJunkie.com are among the most influential voices in product evaluation for outdoor activities.
Iridium satellite service is delivered via one of three subscription plans:
- Basic Safety Plan - $9.95 per month
- Recreation Plan - $24.95 per month
- Expedition Plan - $49.95 per month
- One-time activation fee required