FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
& FREE Shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- DOA Evolved: Experience all the high-octane DOA action you know and love, in full 3D and ready to take on the go!
- Danger Never Looked So Good: Experience the series' trademark Danger Zones for the first time in full-on 3D.
- When you're done testing your chops against the CPU, take on a new challenge through multiplayer available through Local Play
- Fans can now take on the world of DOA with a partner, so more experienced fighters can help newcomers learn the ropes first-hand.
- The Comprehensive DOA Experience: Relive the DOA storyline. Chronicle Mode covers all of these storylines and more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Dead Or Alive Dimensions (Nintendo Ds)
Team NINJA is bringing the fast-paced DEAD OR ALIVE action to a whole new dimension. DEAD OR ALIVE Dimensions takes the vivacious characters and locales that have made the DOA franchise a hit with gamers everywhere and presents them in eye-popping 3D. All of the punches, kicks, counters and holds that have defined the series as a top-tier fighter are present for the first time on a portable gaming system - the Nintendo 3DS.
DEAD OR ALIVE Dimensions features some of the best content from the series spanning all of the titles from the original DOA up to DOA 4. Fans will be able to relive some of the classic rivalries, storylines and white-knuckle action from the best points in the DOA history. There's also a ton of new content, so even the most seasoned DOA fan will enjoy fresh material. Players will be able to fight through several modes including classic Arcade and Survival modes as well as new modes like Tag Challenge, Throwdown and more. They'll be able to choose from a wide variety of DOA's signature interactive stages and a robust roster of more than 20 fighters some playable for the first time. Dust off those cobwebs and get back in shape for competition, the fight is back on!
- DOA Evolved: Experience all the high-octane DOA action you know and love, in full 3D and ready to take on the go! This is DOA like you've never seen it before.
- Danger Never Looked So Good: Experience the series' trademark Danger Zones for the first time in full-on 3D. When you see your opponent go flying through a window right at you, you'll know that DOA and 3D is a match made in heaven.
- Multiplayer Anywhere: When you're done testing your chops against the CPU, take on a new challenge through multiplayer available through Local Play or battle fighters from around the world through Internet Play.
- Fight Alone or Team Up: fans can now take on the world of DOA with a partner, so more experienced fighters can help newcomers learn the ropes first-hand. Team up with a friend and take on a Tag Challenge together.
- The Comprehensive DOA Experience: Relive the DOA storyline. Chronicle Mode covers all of these storylines and more; filling in parts of the story that no DOA game has covered previously.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are many aspects to this game. The first thing is that the graphics are amazing, almost like an Xbox game. The backgrounds are detailed, with snow sometimes. There is also electricity too. The backgrounds are interactive too, with rooftops, doors, windows, glass, and icicles to break and fall through. When a body is thrown or falls to the ground, it cracks underneath the fallen opponent.
The music is good, and the sound effects are perfect. There are voices, but it's not in sync with their lips. I think it's because it was made for Japanese words, bit it doesn't take away from the game. Fighting is intricate, with throws, counters, and blocks to master. Most games have a button for punch, kick, throw, and block. DOA dimensions has that, but on a much deeper scale. You can combine arrows with the control pad, diagonals, half circles, hold arrows and even quarter circles! Some throws can be combined with other throws to string together awesome combos, but with certain characters. Counters can be done with timing, and holding buttons too. Fighting arenas are multi-tiered. One minute you'll be fighting on a rooftop, then end up on the ground the next minute. Foes can also be thrown into walls, shocked by certain things, and fall from great heights to give more damage. Many characters can be unlocked, and costumes keep the fighting fresh. Costumes are amazing, and very revealing with all the female characters. There are also many modes to fight in, included survival mode, training, tag team, internet play, local play, Streetpass fighting, and Freeplay. They took great advantage of the 3ds camera, and you are able to take 3d photos of characters. The bonus is the ability to get "close up" shots of certain "aspects" of the game. All in all, a great game on par with Street Fighter and Tekken.
DoA Dimensions is a 3D Fighter that could be viewed as a "best of" collection of all previous DoA Fighters. It has the largest playable roster of any game in the series and a great Chronicle Mode which is simultaneously a DoA 1-4 Story Mode as well as a detailed Tutorial for basic and advanced gameplay concepts. I had no trouble learning the game and mastering its intricacies. The combat is incredibly fast paced and driven by reflexes and predicting your opponents actions; This is driven more so by the pronounced Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanic between Strikes, Holds, and Throws and the fact that properly timed counters become Hi-Counters which deal extreme damage and reward players for accurate prediction and good reflexes. Fighting your friends in DoA isn't about who has the most muscle trained fingers and memorized the hardest combos, it's about actual mind games and real reflexes. It's the one Fighter I've played where you will actually lose if you repeat your most damaging combos, unlike Marvel vs Capcom 3. This is because the risk of a devastating Hi-Counter Hold breaking your combo (and your face) is higher the more predictable you are, and playing creatively and unpredictably will get you farther. If you like speed, style, and actual mindgames, DoA Dimensions is your kind of game.
Also it looks amazing but with graphics this good it has already set the bar as the best looking game on the 3DS (at the time of this review.)
I never was fan of DOA on console but I have learned a lot on the mechanics of the game with this version, and I have to say I am hooked. DOA is all about counters, counter throws, and hold/stop moves, if one can master this simple moves and the timing needed...your unstoppable, and look badass against the best combo crazy players. I am now a huge fan & cannot wait for the new DOA on the xbox 360.
Controls are great as well, the analog stick feels great to use for the combat, and the buttons and response rates are dead on, I haven't even notice frame rate drops with the 3d on unlike other games. If your looking for a good fighting game for your 3DS go no further. If your big on collecting things...there are tons of things to collect as well. about a 1000 items/ figures, and yes that is not a typo.
Most recent customer reviews
a lot of fighting games are implementing what feels like a lag when playing the game.
this game doesn't have it.