Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on November 30, 2013
Whether or not a person believes in Jesus Christ, there is no doubt the world as we've known it is gone. Gone are the moral values those of us over 50 grew up with. Gone are the pride of country and freedom for all. Gone are family values and neighborly kindness. The world is about to implode. Joel Rosenberg has painted a very realistic picture of future political events, whether or not a person believes in Bible prophecy. I don't read much fiction these days but Joel's understanding of Bible prophecy that is the basis of his works helps unravel understanding of the end times. While I would love to say the portrait painted was fantasy, I don't believe it can even touch the reality of what is coming. I highly recommend this book for anyone trying to make sense of the political insanity going on in our world.
on July 12, 2008
This is an excellent book being well written and well thought out. Keeps the reader on the edge of their seat with every page turned. One finds the characters both real and endearing. Each draws one into their lives and the reader experiences the range of emotions along with the character in this high-energy packed thriller. More than just a good read, this book paints a chilling picture of what can all too easily occur within our great country and within our own lifetime. Having studied in depth world events and trends this reader can see all the needed alliances and current events coming together to create just such a time as what we find between the covers of this fictional, yet all too true to life book. The world is quickly spinning toward such horrific scenerios. It used to be that major world powers were held incheck by the threat of annialation from the other if they were to strike- each knew the risks to their own nation. We benefited from a type of nuclear stability that has existed for the last 50 years due to three basic suppositions: there were only 2 major players in the game, both players were in balance, and both were Rational. Now, with the emergence of rogue nations and terrorists aquiring WMD's, all bets are off.And, if during this race to become nuclear, what actual use of WMD would not escalate? The list grows of nations that would use such to their own benefit as our current adversaries are not being motivated by traditional, rational best interests, but by devout religious beliefs- how do you win or even avoid a race with someone who believes he wins the entire game if he loses? Tho this author is Not a prophet, as one who has intensely studied both world events and world religion, it is this reader's strong belief God has used this author as a warning for all to heed- be they secular or religious in their personal beliefs. Based on what has come to pass with the other books in the series,as well as Most Biblical prophecies being fulfilled during the last 50 years, this reader believes the books to be a firm warning of what is near and perhaps on our very horizon.
on January 11, 2017
Same as my review for Dead Heat. Don't start this one if you don't have a lot of reading time. Surprises and hand-wringing are in store...especially if you accept biblical prophecy. Joel Rosenberg says he isn't a prophet but many (including me) would be inclined to disagree with him. I would say "enjoy" but that's probably not the best word. Read it and you'll see what I mean.
on December 4, 2012
Once I started "Dead Heat" I could hardly put it down. The first four installments of the thriller series leads the reader slowly and tantalizingly up to the conclusion presented in "Dead Heat". It is not a long stretch to "see" the events as presened by the author occuring in the very near future. With his masterful presentation of the political posturing by nations currently very much in the headlines, mixed with the characters we've come to know since the first book of the series, "Dead Heat" is a book that will be enjoyed by anyone who loves a great thriller. However, for the reader that also sees the importance of today's events in the Middfle East as they relate to Bible prophecy. this book, as well as the previous four books of the series, should not be missed!
on December 18, 2017
As all of Joel Rosenburgs books this was Excellent! It is the last in the “ The Last Jihad” series it would be best to start with book 1 and read all four consecutive books.. to get the whole picture. Can’t wait to buy some more of his books! HAPPY READING!!
on June 27, 2014
This entire series of books are beyond excellent! They were both entertaining but most of all they encourage the reader to ponder what is ahead. Given what is happening in our world these days, it would do well for people to truly search their hearts for the truth. Mr Rosenberg has truly presented the Gospels in such a way that will definitely inspire the reader to continue their search for the truth! Enjoy but think about the real story! God Bless and thank you!
on February 14, 2009
"Dead Heat" is one of the most impacting thrillers that I have read. I could hardly put the book down, and read it within two days. Some of the events depicted were traumatic given the state of the world today, and the real possibility that a similar scenario could really play out soon. The enormity of the act of war is mind blowing. The fact that it could also be a scenario out of end-time Bible prophecy is also unnerving. It is also a warning for nations to heed, and for humanity's need for relationship with God in order to have hope for our eternal future. I highly recommend this book, not just for the literary accomplishment, but as a wake-up call for people to realize that there are people and governments that are evil and do mean to cause great harm.
on May 18, 2008
I think this book has alot to offer agnostics, athiests, muslims and especially evangelical Christians. It takes 1 day at the most out of your busy schedule to read this book that Joel Rosenberg..probably..would rather have not written if the truth were known. No prophet has ever wanted to go into the multitudes and tell the truth about the way we are living their lives. This book serves as a warning to all of us..
especially...wannabe Christians..It certainly made me think alot about my livestyle and what I deem important. Thank you Joel for offering yourself up for the Lord's work. I am sure you take alot of flak for commiting yourself to letting all of us who want to listen to what the Bible is trying to tell us today..! God Bless you!
on September 24, 2017
Well written author with real world issues. Must read for all!!! A small way for you to understand our world. Please do before it's too late!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 11, 2008
Following on the heels of The Copper Scroll, possibly the most positive book in the series, Dead Heat is certainly the most negative. In the introduction, Rosenberg states that this book is the final one in the series originating out of The Last Jihad, which was not initially meant to be part of a series at all. One might suspect that Rosenberg might, once again, be persuaded to continue the series, as he has before, but after only a few pages his determination to end the series becomes quite clear. Dead Heat is a story that has no plot beyond the utter destruction of its principle characters. Three-hundred-seventy-four pages appears to be what it takes to destroy everything. Still, it's no a book to be put down and forgotten about. The writing is as sophisticated as the previous books. Is it worth the read? Certainly, but not if you're feeling depressed and have a gun in the closet.