& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- first-person melee combat
- 4-player coop
- Weapon customization
- Set on an open world tropical island
- RPG elements for character development
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- In keeping with an atmosphere of desperation and survival by any means, Dead Island focuses on serious, first-person action gameplay with a close-quarter, immersive melee focus.
- Dead Island's seamless 4 player co-op multiplayer seeks to provide the most immersive multiplayer experience to date. Players can drop in and out of each other's games at any time with no loss of progress as well as the ability to continue on alone or with others.
- With thousands of weapons in-game to collect, from simple wooden bats to fire-axes to heavy rifles, Dead Island is a collector's dream. This in combination with Dead Island's weapon customization system will enable the player to craft the ultimate weapon to ensure their survival.
- The ability to enhance and develop your character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and un-lockable skill trees put the power in your hands to create and play a unique protagonist.
- Dead Island's damage system gives an unprecedented visual detail of the effects of each attack on enemies pushing the boundaries of visualized gore.
- With an open-world setting, Banoi is filled to the brim with things to do and objectives to tackle, allowing a fresh way to advance both the characters and story at the same time and providing for endless replay value.
Top Customer Reviews
1. GAMEPLAY: The gameplay is horribly uninspired. You choose one of four characters (blade-centric, throwing-centric, melee-centric and gun-centric), and then proceed to kill zombies and complete missions for experience to level up. Each time you level up, you get a skill point to spend in the character's "unique" skill trees. Each character has 3 trees: Fury, which is basically the character's special move and spending points in this tree helps go towards enhancing the effects of Fury; Combat, which is the character's effectiveness with his or her specific background description (IE, Xian, the blade-character, has combat skills which revolve around landing more Critical Hits with knives and machetes, whereas Logan, the throwing-character, has combat skills which revolve around increasing damage with thrown weapons); and Survival, which is just a random assortment of skills, mostly shared between characters, that allow you to do things like pick locked chests or repair weapons for less money. I would like to point out that the only real "Skill" you have in the game is the Fury move that you can unlock with 1 point; all other so-called "Skills" are basically modifiers to how much damage the character does or how much money he/she has to spend.
Besides this, there are no real RPG-elements to the game. Zombies scale with your level the entire way through, as do weapons, and you'll gain health as you level up. Other than that, there are no attributes you have to manage, or even get to look at for that matter.Read more ›
Dead Island has had an update that fixes a lot of bugs and issues players had problems with and I was happy to see when I installed this game that an update was being downloaded simply because I knew this game had attention from the development team.
SO WHY SHOULD I BUY THIS GAME?
1.) It's zombies and that's awesome.
2.) The game is optimized well and can run on a pretty standard computer (mine's not high-tech)
3.) Xbox 360 controller settings if you prefer to operate that way
4.) Fantastic graphics, gore and FX.
5.) Decent story
6.) Full-open world
7.) Fun combat and world exploration similar to Bioshock
8.) It gets updated often
9.) 4-player co-op
10.) Over 100 hours of gameplay
WHAT COULD STEER ME AWAY?
1.) You have to access Steam to play whether it's online or offline.
2.) The RPG style elements like hit point combat system might steer away action-driven players
3.Read more ›
Lots and Lots of side quests of varying degrees of difficulty plus the main quests. If you enjoy killing Zombies this is the game for you. Shoot them, Hack them, bludgeon them, electrocute them etc. Some cons, as there are in every game, such as the Thug Zombies have a longer reach then you do with a shovel,If you are a shooter guns are few and ammo scarce, Some times the quest tracker stops showing you where you are. At the first of the game do not set your gamma low as they suggest as you cannot see your hand in front of your face. I am looking forwards to many more hours of play and replay with this one!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The best way I can sum up Dead Island is that it tries to catch the co-op flavor of games like Borderlands and bring it to a tropical paradise with weapon crafting. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Abedsbrother
Still play the game from time to time and im still in awe every time i go to play it! wonderful game and really entertaining. Holds up well even now!Published 2 months ago by Blogging Reviewer
I bought it and it arrived so I tried it out. I TRIED to install it but then a product code popped up so I could actually have played the game, IF i HAD A PRODUCT CODE WHICH DID... Read morePublished 16 months ago by Senan Mahic
The game is boring as hell!
I never played such a stupid game in my life before....
The singleplayer campaign is pointless and there is no real Story in this game! Read more