Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Dead Island - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 89% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
$ 75 $59.99 Save $46.24 (77%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- First-person melee combat
- 4-player coop
- Weapon customization
- Set on an open world tropical island
- RPG elements for character development
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
- In keeping with an atmosphere of desperation and survival by any means, Dead Island focuses on serious, first-person action gameplay with a close-quarter, immersive melee focus.
- Dead Island's seamless 4 player co-op multiplayer seeks to provide the most immersive multiplayer experience to date. Players can drop in and out of each other's games at any time with no loss of progress as well as the ability to continue on alone or with others.
- With thousands of weapons in-game to collect, from simple wooden bats to fire-axes to heavy rifles, Dead Island is a collector's dream. This in combination with Dead Island's weapon customization system will enable the player to craft the ultimate weapon to ensure their survival.
- The ability to enhance and develop your character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and un-lockable skill trees put the power in your hands to create and play a unique protagonist.
- Dead Island's damage system gives an unprecedented visual detail of the effects of each attack on enemies pushing the boundaries of visualized gore.
- With an open-world setting, Banoi is filled to the brim with things to do and objectives to tackle, allowing a fresh way to advance both the characters and story at the same time and providing for endless replay value.
Top Customer Reviews
It's truly difficult to talk about Dead Island and do it any justice. This is an experience, one that each player will make unique for his or herself. I can't tell you how sprinting away from a horde of infected and listening to them screaming in rage as they give chase makes you feel. Or locking yourself in a bungalow, frantically searching for a couple of energy drinks just so you can descend a little further into the nightmare that is Dead Island.
It's those moments that make it so hard to describe. It's amazing how much this game changed me in the nine straight hours I played last night. The minute I was unleashed onto the breathtakingly beautiful Island Resort with only a paddle in hand I thought I had this game figured. At first I ran into every encounter headfirst, merrily swinging my paddle around like a manic zombie slayer. After being torn to shreds several times I rethought my strategy. I became a survivor. The enemies in this game are dangerous and relentless and melee combat is brutal and unforgiving. I will now avoid large mobs if I can and when I can't I am using my head and searching for a way out while trying to keep the zombies in front of me. I am no longer trying to rack up my kill combo; I am fighting to stay alive.
I could draw many comparisons on this game comparing it to the likes of fallout, borderlands, resident evil, dead rising, left 4 dead etc.Read more ›
The graphics looks amazing on my 47" LED TV. The music is quite diverse and fits the mood of the game perfectly. You can play as one of 4 players, but choose wisely because each one has a different skill path they can embark upon. Let me also say this: This is a MAMMOTH of a game as far as length is concerned. By the time you go through the main campaign and all of the side quests I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it ended up being a 30 hour affair! Fine by me! The more the merrier.
To me, what really stands out with this game is how fun and addicting it is. Once you get going and figure out the basics, putting down the controller is the equivalent of a crack addict going cold turkey. I couldn't stand waiting for my copy from Amazon to come via UPS today, so I went to GameStop at midnight last night, got it, then went brain dead(pun intended) for 6 hours straight, slept for about 3 hours and played another 4 more.Read more ›
First of all, if you're buying this game because you liked the tacked on afterthought zombie mode in any of those overrated Call of Duty games, you're going to be majorly disappointed. The whole point of this game is survival on a zombie infested island, not to fight off hordes of zombies from a house. If you enjoyed Borderlands or like games where you have to do quests, loot and kill zombies, this will surely be one of your best purchases this year.
The graphics in this game aren't going to win any awards, but that's not to say they're horrible in any way. The landscape has a lot of pop in textures at times. The physics are kind of hit and miss as well since you can kick through solid things to hit zombies/they can run at you through things but the items never budge (usually an umbrella and sometimes a fence). I was also disappointed to find that throwing a knife at a throwable propane tank didn't blow it up. But never fear, for if you have a gun and find a propane tank, throw it and shoot it to burninate any zombies around it.
As with Left 4 Dead and Borderlands, this game is best played co-op. As you do quests, many of the zombies you encounter may be a bit too much for just 1 person. It's doable, but know that if you die, you lose 10% of your cash. Sadly, split-screen isn't supported so you do need 3 psn/xbla friends who all have the game online to play with them.
The story in this game takes a backseat for those just wanting to get to slaying the undead. You can skip every cutscene and not feel like you're missing anything, or really care.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best game ever, no problems with it. It's just amazing and in good condition.Published 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
a pointless stupid game you can never compleate your mission because you are to busy fighting respawning zombie when you try to compleate a mission respawn zombies attack and your... Read morePublished 4 months ago by geoffrey
Did not like this game. Movement of this gives me a crazy headache and every starts so slow and did not continue playing.... Read morePublished 5 months ago by JmZ