Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 10, 2016
I bought a used Xbox 360 and this was the first game I thought of even though I already had the GOTY edition on the PS3 and had 100% for the main game and Undead Nightmare DLC. I had a fun time replaying it again to 100% on the main game and am working my way through Undead Nightmare on the 360.

If you like open world games, give this one a try.
on September 1, 2016
This game had a great story, but other than that the multiplayer and undead nightmare are the most glitchy of any game I have ever played. I would go through a mission in the undead nightmare and the game would freeze before I could save it. Or I would have an endless mission with the zombies having no heads. On the other hand during multiplayer if I was lucky enough to find a session then if I wanted to change my outfit I would be in an endless loading screen. So overall I would say that you should not get the game of the year edition but the $20.00 regular game because the main story is amazing but the undead nightmare and multiplayer are very buggy.
on December 2, 2014
I loved the Western feel to this game, which is certainly a unique setting for games. The player character is fun and engaging to play and has a lot of great one-liners throughout the game. The open world format had lots of interesting things to do, including the bounty hunter missions and stranger encounters, which were varied and mostly interesting.

There is a fair number of fetch quests and "collect x number of ..." quests, but this is made up for through the overall variety of the types of quests and settings. The story was tense with real emotional payoff. It took me awhile to figure out some of the gameplay, particularly saving and fast travel, but this was more my fault than the developers'.

The zombie part was awesome. I was surprised there was actually a story here and loved that several characters from the main campaign appear here. I had some problems with the headless zombie glitch, but reloading a save fixed this. The different types of zombies and use of mythical creatures in the game world were cool additions.
on July 18, 2016
Probably my favorite game I have ever played. The sheer size of the world the game takes place in is amazing, especially considering the game is already 6 years old. With the great story line, endless side missions, and tons of ways to find yourself distracted out in the wilderness, this game is a must play for anyone that has not yet played it. Once you have beat the game play the Undead Nightmare for even more fun.
on March 22, 2017
This I probably my favorite game of all time. I recently bought an Xbox One S and this was the first game I bought. Even after 7 years, its as good as I remembered. A must play for anyone who enjoys third person games.
on February 7, 2014
I've been playing Rockstar developed & published games since my early pre-teen ages, and have grown up with their style since Grand Theft Auto I on the PlayStation One in 1998. I have come to love their style when it comes to games and even just their Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) for their graphics capabilities, which are definitely pretty nice. I got this game long after it's release, just because it didn't sound very interesting and whatnot. Turns out, this game is one of my favorites now. The plot of the game is really good and especially interesting if you have any fondness of the "Old West" or like history of that time period. The game is also pretty long, if you participate in some of the side missions and explore a bit and hunt animals and so on. The graphics, as I said, are pretty nice, a little 2-D, but nothing that makes it anywhere near unplayable. In regards to the Undead Nightmare DLC that comes with this version, it is really fun. It's quick to beat, but its entertaining and I couldn't stop playing it until I beat it and had all of the horses in it and everything.

So in general, this game (especially the GOTY edition) is worth every bit of the money I paid. This game, in my opinion is still work about the same money it would have sold for retail as a new release ($60). If you like Rockstar, the old west, good plotlines, and general open-world fun, this is a great game. 10/10.
on June 16, 2016
This game is absolutely amazing, its been immediately put into my top 5 of all time. The game mechanics are great, the game play is smooth and I never found myself disliking any part of the game. The story drew me in and immersed me, it's probably one of my favorite stories I've played. I have nothing bad to say about this game.

Except for when my horse runs in front of me right before I shoot, and takes a bullet to the neck killing it instantly.

As an added bonus you get the zombie DLC which is a game in itself, also very enjoyable and well made, with a very good variety of creatures to fight and quests to do.
on May 12, 2017
I foolishly discarded this game shortly after it came out as a old west version of GTA. Of course they have very similar UI, but what a tremendous game. I've never played undead nightmare, and I look forward to digging into it in the coming months.
on January 8, 2012
This game is by far one of the best games for the Xbox 360. Both single player and multiplayer alike are loads of fun. Single player does have some annoying "filer" missions, but this is expected with Rockstar. Overall though, this is an awesome game.

PLUS the Undead expansion is the best expansion I've ever purchased. I could tell a lot of thought went into it and it was executed beautifully. Many expansions to games add some nice features but aren't really needed. I feel Red Dead needs this expansion (if you like zombies of course). It is very well done and it adds a multiplayer mode which brings continuing fun.

In my opinion, this is on of those games that every Xbox owner should buy along with the classics like Halo.
on September 5, 2013
I'm about 3 years behind on this game but I am glad I doubled back and picked it up. After growing tired of FPS games (COD, Battlefield, etc.) I decided to take a break and pick up some different games, one of which was Red Dead Redemption. For whatever reason I never picked this up when it came out even though I was a fan of GTA and Max Payne from Rockstar.

What a great game! I didn't keep track of my play time but between the story and multiplayer I easily got my money's worth from this purchase. It was tons of fun and had a lot of replay value. Even though it's an old game it still looks good and plays good. For the price this GOY edition is now I defy anyone to show me a better game for Xbox/PS3 that only costs $20-25.

If by chance you missed this when it first came out and are looking for something new to play to break the monotony of all the cookie cutter FPS games out now give Red Dead Redemption a try.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.