Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Dead to Rights: Retribution - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 40% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Pump enemies full of bullets or destroy them up close, the choice is yours. Engage multiple enemies at one time with the 360 hand-to-hand feature.
- Take on the Grant City underworld as vice-cop Jack Slate in an in-depth, character-driven storyline combining classical storytelling with advanced game design techniques to immerse the player in a compelling journey.
- Two playable characters, one mission. Play as Vice-cop Jack Slate and his attack dog Shadow in the ultimate battle. Shoot it out from cover, blind-fire around corners and use enemies as agile human shields for dynamic cover.
- Brutal and relentless gameplay that seamlessly transitions between gunplay and hand-to-hand combat featuring satisfying lethal blows, disarms, takedowns and much more.
- In the face of danger, turn your enemies' weapons against them with aggressive disarms or execute all-new lethal takedown moves! Take on enemies with branching combos and counters or throw them into each other.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
STORY: You step into the shoes and behind the badge as Jack Slate, a hard-boiled detective who's the most wanted man in Grant City. The story unfolds backwards, starting in the present, cutscenes bookend the chapters, and you play as Jack details the story to his friend. He and his dad get caught up in the middle of a conspiracy, city police and government corruption, and down right murderous deals. Nothing too epic, a good summer fun action flick. This is a remake from the first Dead to Rights, and in my opinion, the only one up until now, that is awesome!
GRAPHICS: The engine looks nice, though hard to show as the story takes place in one big rainy night. The environments are varied with great attention to detail, but lots of browns and grays. The lighting is cool, but again, the colors may make some feel they are playing the same level over and over.
AUDIO: The music is typical action style - no Metal Gear Solid orchestra for this one. But not cheesy acid rock either. Good pumping music that doesn't get in the way, nor is all that memorable. The voicework is good and the acting not bad, though sometimes the writing can be a little cheesy. The characters do make you care about them though, and they make you love the ones you are suppossed to, and despise the evil ones. The weapon and sound effects are decent, but run of the mill - not something that will engage your subwoofer all that much. But does offer nice 5.1
GAMEPLAY: Here's where its addicting, and a little frustrating. You have a plethora of weapons and grenades you can use, and on-the-fly-switching from gunplay to hand to hand combat is a breeze. Really shines there.Read more ›
The combat system is pretty deep yet basic
- You have Strong attack & Weak attack
- you can block & dash to be defensive
- You can Clinch & do some nice knees
- While surrounded you can attack in different directions while in a clinch
- You can send your dog Shadow in to attack a enemy & do alittle tag team action
- You can perform throws
- Theres execution kills you can perform after combos
- Take Enemies as hostages to protect yourself from fire
Gun play is kinda basic as well
- You can only hold 2 guns(1 being a sidearm)
- You use cover when under fire & its useful to line up shots
- When performing certain things you build up a adrenaline meter. When you press a button you slow down time & can set up some nice headshots
- Theres ammo lying around enemies.
- You can take enemies guns from them during combat
- Your dog will fetch guns for you also.
Theres also a stealth portion to the game. You often Play as Shadow & you sneak around using different tactics to lure enemies near to get stealth kills.
In conclusion uts a really good action game with variety in gameplay. Once you learn everything you'll be having a great time
The first two were average but, the 3rd Retribution is where Namco found the right formula
The game is without a doubt a homage to the original Max Payne games along with elements from True Crime: Streets of LA
It does Max Payne better then Max Payne III did but, what do i know
The Controls: Easy to pick up and play (The QTE's are gone previously used in the other games
The fighting at first might seem a bit wonky once you get the hang of how to play it
Your feel at home within less then 15minutes
You also get to play as the dog Shadow (Which I honestly don't remember if the dog was playable in the previous games)
The dog controls very good unlike in Call of Duty: Ghost where the dog was a gimmick
This while not perfect works once you get the hang of Shadows movements and adds a vast different element to the game play
The game play solid if you ever played any 3rd person action titles you'll feel right at home
While it doesn't reinvent the wheel it's a enjoyable throw-back
Dead to Rights would've been a game you'd see in Arcades if Arcades in the States were not extincted
The audio: really good soundtrack/score that goes along with the game
along with plenty of perfectly cast v/o actors
Graphics A- Namco always have been able to make gorgeous looking titles
This is one of those non fighting arcade titles that stands out
Story: The overall story is compelling it's very much like a 1980's cop action flick but, it has plenty of interesting twist and turns
the story is well written a bit grim and dark though
(If you never played the previous Dead to Rights games don't worry this is a reboot of sorts
Overall this is a...Read more ›
The story is told in chapters, with narration by your character. The game starts after you have been shot in the arm, and you are relaying what happened to an EMT/goth friend (ho) named Faith. And the story itself falls squarely in the noir genre. And if you don't like that sort of over-the-top, intentionally cheesy, violent and bloody story, you will probably not like this game. And that's okay. I for one love the genre, since a lot of the darkest video games come from it. However, the story is VERY convoluted, and some people might not be able to accept this game, with its flaws, for that reason. And they aren't wrong.
Okay so you play Jack Slate, an on-again off-again police officer who, whether he currently has his badge or not, doesn't wear a uniform. Because...that would just be boring, am I right? So instead you wear some sort of weird...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Despite the combat controls but all in all I admit this is one of the best games I ever playedPublished 17 hours ago by Alex J Agron
Fun and somewhat unique style with the mix of melee and shooting. I only played a few stages so far but it seems like a solid and fun action game worth owning at this price.Published 11 months ago by game collector
Great game, I enjoy it and item arrived by delivery date.Published 18 months ago by Brandon Turcheck