- Series: Seasons of Jefferson: Book Two
- Paperback: 348 pages
- Publisher: JT Authors (November 11, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0986383635
- ISBN-13: 978-0986383632
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.9 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (35 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,144,385 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Dead of Winter (Seasons of Jefferson: Book Two) Paperback – November 11, 2015
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "I never thought I'd love the dead of winter, until this girl brought me back to life, right in the middle of it." I was completely captivated from the very beginning and so wrapped up in this storyline and characters, that I found myself fighting sleep so I could read just a little bit more.
- I thought book 1 was good but authors Julie Solano and Tracy Justice have taken their writing style to a new level in this book and it is nothing short of exceptional. I award this exceptional book 5 stars!!
- This is a highly intense and emotional story that begs the question things are not always what they seem. I recommend this powerful book to any young adult looking for a twisted story about friendship and young love gone wrong.
- EYE OPENING RIVETING EMOTIONALLY CHARGED MUST READ~I've got to say I so love these authors! They know how to knock it out of the ballpark with their writing! A SHOUT FROM THE ROOFTOP THAT THIS STORY IS A GRIPPING PAGE TURNER AND SO REALISTIC! AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ FOR ALL AGES. (I can't write a review that does this story justice!)
- The twists and turns in the plot are thrilling and well thought out, and totally unexpected! This book (just like the first one) pulls you and keeps you there until the very end, and keeps your on the edge of your seat! I found myself holding my breath and not being able to read fast enough in order to find out what happened!!
Kylie's Fiction Addiction- Janet Sylvester
- I can tell you that once again this writing duo of authors are very in sync with each other that you do not realize two different people are writing this book. The characters are very real and you can connect with them. If you are looking for a book that takes you into the world of make believe, look elsewhere. You will not find that here. This is an emotional book that has its ups and downs along with the twists and turns. Watch out for those curves as they can be very dangerous and remind you that life isn't easy.
The Open Hook Blog
- As with book one, The Dead of Winter was very well written and it's easy to connect with the characters and what they are going through. I like that it brought attention to PTSD and so many other hardships in life that people go through every day.
Amazeball Book Addicts
- The story continues with Kaitlyn, Brody, Jenna, Mason, Peyton and Caden. We find out where everyone stands after the crazy thing that happened at the end of When Fall Breaks. Everyone is affected differently. My heart was definitely breaking for some of the characters. This crew has a lot to deal with and way more than any teenager should have too. The writing is amazing and I was never bored when reading it.
- So you love fiction? You are a big fan of Young Adult? Need intrigue - that need to turn the page to find out what's going to happen next because you think you've figured it out? This book is more than a young adult/coming of age story. It's lessons learned by life experiences, and how we deal with them emotionally to be able to move forward.
About the Author
Julie Solano has lived in far Northern California, nearly her entire life. She graduated from CSU, Chico, where she majored in Psychology and minored in Child Development. She later went on to Simpson University where she obtained her multiple subject teaching credential. Julie enjoys life in the "State of Jefferson," where she lives with her husband and two children. As a family, they spend their time tromping around the Marble Mountains and Russian Wilderness. They also take pleasure in rafting, skiing, snowmobiling, off-roading, campfires, and living it up in the great outdoors. When she's not with her family, Julie spends her days teaching next door to her co-author, fellow prankster, and partner in crime, Tracy. The most recent of their crazy adventures was to take on the challenge of writing this series of novels about what life is like in their neck of the woods.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
This is Kaitlyn, Caden, Jenna and Brody's story as it continued from "When Fall Breaks". Although authors Julie Solano & Tracy Justice have crafted an excellent prologue through Kaitlyn's continued POV to introduce the storyline and characters, you'll do yourself an injustice if don't read book 1 first. It makes getting off the cliff so much better. Like my review of book 1, I would find it unfair to rehash the story that is told from Caden's POV here. So, just take my word for it -pick up the book and take the journey for yourself.
"I don't know if he's going to make it through this, but if he does and she doesn't, he'll never be the same."
Physically, emotionally, temporarily or permanently - crisis changes you. This group of teens are dealing with very real issues. Authors Solano & Justice handle the topics fairly and with care. Besides the impacts of the accident, as the reader you get the ups and downs that go with being a teenage boy. So many of the readers of YA are young women. We forget that boys have their own insecurities and worries of growing up and being normal.
And like book 1, I can honestly tell you, continue this adventure no matter what type of fiction you prefer.
The Dead Of Winter, which focuses on a group of close knit teenagers, picks up where When Fall Breaks ended; and has one of the most gripping epilogues you will ever read.
Kaitlyn, Brody, Caden, Jenna, Mason, Peyton, and Marissa are all fighting to survive one of the worst scenarios ever in the dead of winter.
Julie Solano & Tracy Justice left their readers hanging on the edge of a cliff at the end of the first book, and had us all biting our nails to see what was going to happen next. They didn't let us down with the second book in the Seasons of Jefferson series.
I was completely captivated from the very beginning and so wrapped up in this storyline and characters, that I found myself fighting sleep so I could read just a little bit more.
The Dead Of Winter is told from Caden's POV, and sheds even more perspective on all the events that these young adults are facing. From the fear of being stalked, the consequences of underage drinking, and the reality of PTSD. Solano & Justice do an excellent job of relating these issues into a storyline that will capture a wide audience. This book is definitely one that will appeal to not only young adults, but all age groups. I love love loved the way this story captured my imagination and had me guessing how the plot was going to unfold.
"I never thought I'd love the dead of winter, until this girl brought me back to life, right in the middle of it."
5 Chilling, Exhilarating , Must read stars !!!
The two authors did it again. Another great book to this series. I was instantly drawn in from page one.....of course the last page of When Fall Breaks left me biting my fingernails. It did not matter. I was right back with the crew. Kaitlyn, Brody, Jenna, Mason, Peyton and Caden. This really is Caden's story.
His story shows us how deeply real life can cut you. How hard it is to pull yourself up from the aftermath of a traumatic event. Mental pain is just as real as physical pain. Sometimes people can seem ok when they truly are torturing themselves inside. Others can't face the reality and have to separate themselves. All of this heartache and pain defines Caden's story. We see his friends and family struggle with helping him. His strain to accept his issues and help coping.
"I’m telling them, with as much fervor as I have in me, that I am done with this. They’d better knock it off, or I’m going to lose it in a big way."
Read Caden's story. You will not regret it as you find out how he handles his trauma. How the group dynamic of friends stay supportive but change too.
Thank you, Julie Solano and Tracy Justice. You made me love another one. I can't wait for book three.
I received an ARC for an honest review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I strongly recommend reading book one-When Fall Breaks- because The Dead of Winter drops you from the cliffhanger of book 1 that you've been...Read more